SERIE A: Juventus - AC Milan (1 Viewer)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Juventus set for revolution Coach Marcello Lippi and some big name players may be heading out of Juventus after their Champions’ League exit.

The Italian side were surprisingly eliminated by Deportivo La Coruna last night after a 2-0 aggregate victory.

That has inevitably led to speculation that the squad could be revamped at the end of the season – especially if they also fail to retain Lo Scudetto.

Many believe that boss Lippi may have taken charge of his final Champions’ League tie for the immediate future.

Although he is tied to the Delle Alpi outfit until 2005, he is being tipped to replace Giovanni Trapattoni on the Azzurri bench after this summer’s European Championships.

Yet there is also the real possibility that Juve will sacrifice some big name players in order to balance their books.

The club are set to make a loss for the first time in seven years and the directors are keen to put that right.

Juve could have netted another £20m if they reached the Champions’ League Final again this term but that will obviously now not occur.

Three Juventus players in particular seem to be the most likely departures at the end of this season.

The first is Pavel Nedved. Despite being the European Footballer of the Year, Juve may cash in on the 31-year-old as they did with Zinedine Zidane.

Another is David Trezeguet who has yet to sign a new deal with the Old Lady. Barcelona and Chelsea are interested.

French international stopper Lilian Thuram may also be sacrificed, with Real Madrid being recently linked.

Meanwhile, Lippi may be without eight first team regulars for the game against Milan on Sunday.

That after Fabrizio Miccoli became the latest injury doubt. Maresca, Zambrotta, Tudor, Iuliano, Birindelli, Trezeguet and Del Piero are all currently sidelined.

Should Juve lose to Milan then their championship hopes will be virtually over. That would leave them with just the Coppa Italia to play for having booked a final place against Lazio.

the fall of a great team is begining, i really dont see us winning against a very inform Milan side, dont get me wrong i really hope we do win but i just cant see it. Even if we do win this game i dont think we really have a chance of winning Lo Scudetto, we're just not good enough this year, Roma & Milan have been stronger and one of them really deserves it more. I just hope im wrong and Juve pull off a great come back but if i was a betting man then i wouldnt bet on it. Good luck Juve.....

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
results say that milan should win, our terrible defence says that mlian should win, del piero's injury says that milan should win...

but the loss to deportivo say that we should win, the players right now are full of rage and need to win against a strong team to regain confidence..

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
i don't think, with all the injuries, and our defensive problems, we'll be able to beat milan... but beating milan would do awhole lot of good to our battered pride... and who knows, a win just might be the turning point in te season for us...

It ain't over yet......

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
It cannot be Do or die, since we already dead.

It happened against Inter, but if a giant like Juve falls, It takes some time to hit the ground.

(but when happens, it crashes loud)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Injuries are killing us. If not for them and if we beat Milan this week, we're closing the gap to 3 points.

It will be very difficult to be consistent for the last 10 matchdays.

We'll be playing with Inter in Milan and Lazio at home.

Milan will be hosting Parma, Chievo and Roma.
Roma will be facing Lazio and Chievo at home.

This weekend will be crutial.

Dec 27, 2003
Sorry my unhappy juventini friends, but after seeing your anemic performance against Deportivo last night, I think you will have to be content with a draw or even a low-margin defeat against the mighty Milan this weekend.

I hope you will support us in our CL quest now, as there is only us left to defend the honour of italian clubs in Europe.

On the topic of refoundation, I incidentally read a poll on the Gazzetta today showing that 62,6 % of respondents think this marks the end of an era for Juve and that time has indeed come for a fundamental revamping of the team.

May 17, 2003
This isn't the greatest time to be thinking of having a winning mentality...We've been trying and trying, but it won't click...Especialy if we have an on-form Milan this weekend....Guisse, There is nothing to hide, I seriously think we will be crushed. My prediction is that Kaka will be ripping our mid and defence, while inzaghi is gonna torment our defence in areal battles. Plus Shevchenko will pounce on every oppurtunity he gets and mistake we make. My prediction= Juventus 0 Milan 3
It was hard for me to wright that down...I can assure you.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
As somebody noted in another thread, end of an era marches the beginning of a new one, with a full reshuffle, including Mr. Marcello L.

As for the Milan game- hope is the last thing which dies...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)