[Serie A] JUVENTUS 7-0 Parma (November 9th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MOM

• Pogba

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Licht

• 4-3-1-2

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why can't we? If we average 2.5 points per game for the rest of the Serie A season you can bet your ass we will keep using the 3-5-2.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #43
    The game is being played at 15:00 CET not 16:00 @Hustini...'Muricans
    I had it that way first, then changed it. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't we? If we average 2.5 points per game for the rest of the Serie A season you can bet your ass we will keep using the 3-5-2.
    I can see us trying the formation against Parma but if we don't get the result right back to the 352. Especially with the injuries we have.

Padoin. Depth. :touched:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I can see us trying the formation against Parma but if we don't get the result right back to the 352. Especially with the injuries we have.

Padoin. Depth. :touched:
    Look, I just want us to win all the goddamn games, if something can be done to win each one then go with it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It's so meh to look at things that way. Many of our goals this season came after 60' mark while we were struggling to create barely anything upfront. We looked like dead corpses on many of our matches and some of those wins came out of nowhere.

Last night we created more in the first 20 minutes than on 3 combined matches in Serie A. We just slowed the temp down cause we were at risk to lose the race, otherwise the difference in quality between the formations were pretty big.

Hopefully our board won't start implementing it only when we start losing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    It's so meh to look at things that way. Many of our goals this season came after 60' mark while we were struggling to create barely anything upfront. We looked like dead corpses on many of our matches and some of those wins came out of nowhere.

Last night we created more in the first 20 minutes than on 3 combined matches in Serie A. We just slowed the temp down cause we were at risk to lose the race, otherwise the difference in quality between the formations were pretty big.

Hopefully our board won't start implementing it only when we start losing.
    So basically we are judging a tiny sample against a huge sample and going with the tiny one?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Might as well say that Allegri is an idiot for picking the non-existing tiny sample last night.
    Well no he had to do that in reality, he had little choice. But as I said before the game, it seems the right call considering we had to be the team taking the initiative.

For the record I'd be quite happy to see the same approach against Parma, that is an ideal game to develop the approach in the league. But also I don't agree that the 3-5-2 should now be phased out because we had a more impressive attacking game and played nicer football. I surely wasn't the only one who noticed how many times we were exposed on the counter attack, there are pros and cons to all approaches. But yes, in Serie A we would face less quality on those counters, and as Buffon says, with the quality of respective players 1 v 1 sometimes you have to allow that risk for the greater cause.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    And Giovinco!

Gigi

who cares - who cares - who cares

Vidal - Marchisio - Pogba

Coman - Morata - Tevez - Giovinco​

I galattici!

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I want to see Llorente and Morata starts togrther with Tevez or Gio.

Gio - Llorente - Morata
    Pogba - Marchisio - Vidal
    Asa - Chiellini - Bonucci - Licht
    Buffon​

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Buffon
    Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Ogbonna
    Marchisio-Pirlo-Pogba
    Pereyra
    Morata-Llorente​

If Ogbonna isn't fit then Padoin. Also wouldn't mind Giovinco starting. Coman should get minutes off the bench, at least 20. So should Romulo.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Buffon
    Licht Bonucci Chiellini Padoin (Ogbonna)
    Marchisio Pirlo Pogba
    Pereyra
    Tevez Llorente

Do it, archive the 3-5-2 for good. Now is the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)