[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Udinese [March 8th, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caceres

• Rugani

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• A. Sandro

• Bonucci

• Dybala

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
They looked happy! They were creative and ran like crazy people all over, really happy with this game.

Udinese didn't show up so naturally it was fairly easy to be creative and have fun out there. But I can't even remember the last time I saw us having fun out there and try to do something different, not only by relying on e.g. Costa to dribble 10 people, but as a collective unit trying to break down opposition with clever runs and passes - LONG PASSES at some occasions(!). We seldom look to pass BEHIND defences, we always pass in front of it. Now I am no genius but defending with the ball in front of you seems a lot more convenient than having to chase the ball behind you and be a few steps behind someone that also likely is quicker than you. I hope this was a game for us to remember what we are capable of.

Against AM this will be a gigant step more difficult but I want us to have a more diverse approach as we did today, where we ask questions and see if the opponents can answer rather than wait... and wait... and wait... for them to make some mistake that Ronaldo can take advantage of. You do not have to have a Pirlo to find and make those passes, with a Pirlo those passes are a goal scoring chance every time. But if we still try, we force opponents to be aware. Just as if they are sitting back and we can't break through then take more distant shots. Then they will adapt and will try to null our opportunities to take distance shots, in return opening more gaps for break through passes, runs, etc. Basically - Do more things because every action forces a reaction and those reactions are beneficial to us. If we continue to never take action, pass the ball side ways and hope for the best, then we're just a poor man's tiki-taka.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It was a beautiful game, hopefully it gives the team the necessary energy to exit te CL with heads held high.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Actually enjoyed the game, a good performance. I think we have a chance if we field kean straight from the start.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)