[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Roma (29th Sept - 2012) (6 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Vucinic

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

• Zeman

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I really think Vidal can take care of old man Totti. Hell, even Pirlo can do a number on him. The guy can barely run.
Do you want to restrict Vidal by playing him as deep as that?

Totti is too strong for Pirlo and Pirlo isn't actually going to mark him.

And Totti doesn't have to run, so I don't see the relevance of the 'old man' bit.

Roma will have good movement from the other forwards, so all he needs is a moment to pick a pass.

You think Vidal, who would be higher up the pitch, or Pirlo could stop him doing this:

---------- Post Merged at 00:28 ----------

Not that I expect Roma to win this game, by any means, but I don't think a speculative bet on Roma would be a bad idea ahead of this game.

RocknRolla

Dec 10, 2008
you guys are talking about 4-3-3s and shit, but you all know we'll stick with the 3-5-2. I'd start Marrone in Pirlo's place and Lucio in Bonucci's with Barzagli playing at in the middle of a three men defense.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
you guys are talking about 4-3-3s and $#@!, but you all know we'll stick with the 3-5-2. I'd start Marrone in Pirlo's place and Lucio in Bonucci's with Barzagli playing at in the middle of a three men defense.
And you're talking about too many changes in the team. It ain't happening! Same back three that kept the clean sheet vs Fiorentina. And Marchisio taking Giacherini's place:

buffon
barzagli-bonucci-chiellini
Licht-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio-Asamoah
Giovinc-Vucinic​
Moggi: "Juve-Roma? I hope it ends 6-0. I hope in the field of play, Juve give them a lesson in football." #Juvenews #ForzaMoggi

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Rest Bonucci, put Marrone in. Rest Licht, put Isla in. Upront Vucinic-Quagliarella and all the other starters.

Matri should NOT be a starter. This would take confidence out of Quags and he's the most likely to succeed from all 4 right now. He should start today and against Shakhtar. If he fails, than give Matri a shot.

But if Matri plays now, it will show how clueless Conte is defining the partner to Vucinic.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
And you're talking about too many changes in the team. It ain't happening! Same back three that kept the clean sheet vs Fiorentina. And Marchisio taking Giacherini's place:

buffon
barzagli-bonucci-chiellini
Licht-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio-Asamoah
Giovinc-Vucinic​
We should play our best 11 and that's it.

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
losing to Roma at home will suck for you guys, ive enjoyed jinxing you but believe me when i say i want totti to score and roma to win . this will be a volatile match with 2 red cards and a 1-1 draw.

roma to score the winner in stopage time.

totti :sheik:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Since there are no injuries to the starting 11, they 11 should play consecutively for 2 games. This is a crunch game whereby both sides will be highly motivated.
Lichtsteiner will definitely play the game of his life against Roma, so starting him is the best option.
Maybe he will provoke Totti to do something stupid.

Squad rotation will be done after Siena. There is a chance for everybody to play.
Forza Juve!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This is also a tough game for the 3-5-2.

Playing against 4-3-3 is always awkward as you have to find the balance between not leaving your back three playing three-on-three with the opposition forwards and avoiding your wingbacks getting stuck deep and being deprived of any width higher up the pitch.

With Totti's inclination to drop deep and make Roma's 4-3-3 play more like 4-3-1-2 at times, it may be a good game to play Pogba and make use of his superior defensive abilities (compared to Pirlo) so that he can play Totti whenever he drops deep, so as to avoid the defence being three-on-three or one of the CBs being dragged out of position by Totti.

Juve will also have to watch for Roma's runners coming from deep in midfield - as Florenzi did for his goal against Inter - and that is something Pirlo is not good at and is a well known weakness of teams with Pirlo in them.

However, I wouldn't expect Roma to try and man-mark Pirlo, so there would be every chance he could be very influential if he did play.

Decisions, decisions...
Must say you got me worried with all these analysis Red.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)