[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Lazio (August 31, 2013) (36 Viewers)

MoM

• Bonucci

• Vidal

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Great game from us. It was very enjoyable to watch. Everyone from our team deserve credit for this win.

Vucinic - Tevez linkup was fantastic though :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some very good stuff from Juve last night, though Lazio's defending was poor.

Not many teams will be able to live with Juve if they play with the pace and intensity they showed prior to the Lazio goal.

However, the main thing that I liked was how it appeared Juve had specific plans to take advantage of Lazio's weaknesses, where previously Juve have shown little inclination to adjust their plan of attack for different opponents. Lazio are always good (or at least they were last season) at making it very difficult for players to find space between their defence and midfield, so it was good to see Juve looking to play longer in order to make Lazio turn and try to expose their indifferent central defenders, instead of just trying to delicately pick their way through Lazio's strong midfield.

Only criticism would have to be the number of long-range shots Juve allowed Hernanes and Candreva.

Generally, I don't give a toss about allowing people to shoot from miles out, but those two are just too good at it to keep allowing them time and space to get shots away.

The Juve midfield had to be far more aggressive in stepping forward to close them down.

With Lazio only playing Klose against Juve's back three - and Klose showing no inclination to run behind Juve - the defence then shouldn't have been afraid to step up behind the midfield when it moved to close Hernanes and Candreva so as to make sure space wasn't opened up for balls to be played in to Klose's feet. Or if the defence were afraid of the space behind them, one of the three could have stepped up behind the midfield into a classic defensive midfield position, leaving one centre half to mark Klose and one to play sweeper.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Is this the most low budget show in the world? :lol:
They spent the budget on the hot women, that's how it should be!

- - - Updated - - -

Some very good stuff from Juve last night, though Lazio's defending was poor.

Not many teams will be able to live with Juve if they play with the pace and intensity they showed prior to the Lazio goal.

However, the main thing that I liked was how it appeared Juve had specific plans to take advantage of Lazio's weaknesses, where previously Juve have shown little inclination to adjust their plan of attack for different opponents. Lazio are always good (or at least they were last season) at making it very difficult for players to find space between their defence and midfield, so it was good to see Juve looking to play longer in order to make Lazio turn and try to expose their indifferent central defenders, instead of just trying to delicately pick their way through Lazio's strong midfield.

Only criticism would have to be the number of long-range shots Juve allowed Hernanes and Candreva.

Generally, I don't give a toss about allowing people to shoot from miles out, but those two are just too good at it to keep allowing them time and space to get shots away.

The Juve midfield had to be far more aggressive in stepping forward to close them down.

With Lazio only playing Klose against Juve's back three - and Klose showing no inclination to run behind Juve - the defence then shouldn't have been afraid to step up behind the midfield when it moved to close Hernanes and Candreva so as to make sure space wasn't opened up for balls to be played in to Klose's feet. Or if the defence were afraid of the space behind them, one of the three could have stepped up behind the midfield into a classic defensive midfield position, leaving one centre half to mark Klose and one to play sweeper.
:agree:

Tbh i don't remember Juve playing with that sort of intensity last season as they did against lazio

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Theres must be some mistranslation here. I know that it means "strong apache" literally... but the name "fuerte" in this case is used to denominate a fortress.

If im not wrong, "Fuerte Apache" were the barracks the old americans did to protect themselves from the indian attacks. A "fuerte" is a fortress of some kind in other words. Fuerte apache was one of those "fortresses" used in the wild west.

Then his neighborhood was named after that fortress, or nicknamed.

I would like some northamerican peep to corroborate this.
The neighborhood is nicknamed after this Paul Newman movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Apache,_The_Bronx, after some journalist reported a story about a gunfight there. Its original Spanish name (Ejército de los Andes) means army of the Andes.

Oct 23, 2011
Recordings during the match. I suck at it, but yeah, it's something :p.

Can anyone tell me how to upload pictures that are saved on my laptop? Sounds like a really stupid question but i really don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)