[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Udinese (January 19, 2013) (88 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Pogba

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Please no Caceres.
Tbqh, i dont think there is much alternative klinn

Normally, i'd say, lets play marrone as sweeper instead of bonbon, play bonbon lcb and barzagli rcb.

Thing is, with pirlo and marchisio abscent, we kinda need marrone in the midfield, so its either caceres or peluso

i think caceres isnt bad, but a bit unpredictable what form he'll be on
Ideally not a fan of Caceres at times shaky positioning, or instinctively choosing to press too eagerly at timesf, but I would still deffo start him over Marrone, trust him more for sure (in overall a solid enough choice). Especially in games we are likely to be tested more. Marrone as a defender I simply dont trust, for obvious reasons not just natural in that role, his iffy positioning plus generally lacks any aggression, would be reluctant even more when its a game where we are missing 3 out of our 5 regular options, not because he is needed in midfield, but because he is likely to be exposed more without same reliable covering. Not to mention the reason he is played in Bonucci role is supposed to be for giving similar passing approach, while in his last two games, he was just making quarterback longballs to nowhere all the time.

Should defenitely allways play when Barza or Giorgio are absent, over players who arent CBs like Marrone and Peluso.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Remember his last performance as CM? Yeah highlighted perfectly why he was reinvented as CB playmaker just to find ways to give him minutes.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Remember his last performance as CM? Yeah highlighted perfectly why he was reinvented as CB playmaker just to find ways to give him minutes.
Just one game and that's what we all have to remember?
Why can't we hold all our players then to that same standard?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Ideally not a fan of Caceres at times shaky positioning, or instinctively choosing to press too eagerly at timesf, but I would still deffo start him over Marrone, trust him more for sure (in overall a solid enough choice). Especially in games we are likely to be tested more. Marrone as a defender I simply dont trust, for obvious reasons not just natural in that role, his iffy positioning plus generally lacks any aggression, would be reluctant even more when its a game where we are missing 3 out of our 5 regular options, not because he is needed in midfield, but because he is likely to be exposed more without same reliable covering. Not to mention the reason he is played in Bonucci role is supposed to be for giving similar passing approach, while in his last two games, he was just making quarterback longballs to nowhere all the time.

Should defenitely allways play when Barza or Giorgio are absent, over players who arent CBs like Marrone and Peluso.
Agree.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just one game and that's what we all have to remember?
Why can't we hold all our players then to that same standard?
Not just one game, but if you are given a rare chance in your natural position and you perform awful, then it should decrease the cries (or cry, just you) for giving him a chance like he is some held back gem of a player.

Generally is just too much competition for him amongst CMs (Conte even chose to play two wingers in center over him) was true last season and even more so now with Pogba here.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not just one game, but if you are given a rare chance in your natural position and you perform awful, then it should decrease the cries (or cry, just you) for giving him a chance like he is some held back gem of a player.

Generally is just too much competition for him amongst CMs (Conte even chose to play two wingers in center over him) was true last season and even more so now with Pogba here.
It is just one game. He was given a chance in his CM role and was average at best, but you fault him when all season he has been training for a new position (and doing just fine might I add in that new role) and he absolutely "has" to perform in his natural role the one time he was told to play it?

As much as we trust Conte, is it fair to say every decision he makes is the right decision?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No far from it, but clearly Marrone isn't doing much of anything to prove Conte wrong, hence why he plays so rarely. And no you don't forget how to play in your natural position that quickly, especially since he still plays that for Azzurrini.

I wish him all the best, but naturally primarly want to see the best options at any given time to play, and it's up to him to take his chance to prove he is that consistently. Btw not just in games, but alsowhere Conte watches him close to daily, in training. Evidently falling short there compared to the competition.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i dont think playing licht as a cb will be better then caceres tbh
I beg to differ.

Marrone should always be last possible option for CB.

What do you think about Licht as a RCB in such a situation we're in right now? I definitely trust him more than Caceres there, even if it's always more ideal to have a natural CB there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No far from it, but clearly Marrone isn't doing much of anything to prove Conte wrong, hence why he plays so rarely. And no you don't forget how to play in your natural position that quickly, especially since he still plays that for Azzurrini.

I wish him all the best, but naturally primarly want to see the best options at any given time to play, and it's up to him to take his chance to prove he is that consistently. Btw not just in games, but alsowhere Conte watches him close to daily, in training. Evidently falling short there compared to the competition.
What do you expect him to do against Pirlo, Vidal, or Marchisio? Would be hard for most young CMs to get time there.

Also, he has watched him close daily which is why he has come out saying Marrone will be staying at the club and not sent on loan. That says a lot as well, conversely against his amount of CM playing time. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pogba doesn't seem to have a problem getting time, neither does Giac-cack-erini.
Which is why I said do we think Conte always makes the right decision?

I think we can all agree Pogba is an amazing exception of what happens when you get time to play and prove yourself.

Imagine trying Pogba at CB...wouldn't be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

lich-bonucci-barzagli-caceres/peluso

vidal-marrone-pogba/giach

giovinco-matri-vucinic
this

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pogba doesn't seem to have a problem getting time, neither does Giac-cack-erini.
Thats because they are workers, not creators.

Marrone is doing offensively an attempt at pirlo's role, but defensively, doesnt even do close to what pirlo does, let alone vidal or marchisio

Pogba has very good positionning for his age, wins duels, wins ALOT of headers
Giac, runs like a madmann and challenges all over the place

thats why conte will play them faster then marrone, they arent a defensive liability.

I do think we should give marrone a chance now and then if we plan on developping him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)