[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Catania (Oct. 30th 2013) (8 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 24, 2012
How was Llorente? Couldn't watch, school
Llorente should have finished a couple easy headers as is his trademark, and maybe tried to keep the ball a little better, but otherwise he created a few chances with his assists that should have been goals. Especially a Pirlo one where, after Llorente cleared him to shoot, instead of shooting immediately he tried to dribble around their defense, tried to coax a penalty and got a yellow for his trouble. He was good but not great.

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
May 1, 2012
Llorente should have finished a couple easy headers as is his trademark, and maybe tried to keep the ball a little better, but otherwise he created a few chances with his assists that should have been goals. Especially a Pirlo one where, after Llorente cleared him to shoot, instead of shooting immediately he tried to dribble around their defense, tried to coax a penalty and got a yellow for his trouble. He was good but not great.
:tup: cheers man. Wish Llorente would score, don't want him seen as a flop. Better with Tevez than Vucinic IMO.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Great performance by the team. Players ranged from average to very good for the most part.

Judging by the match thread, I am in the minority, but I thought Marchisio was great today. Maybe not the MVP (because he didn't score), but his contribution both offensively and defensively was fantastic. Offensively he was the one to set up PDC every time so he could get a clear cross, and also had some great link up play with Tevez and Giovinco. And defensively, he was a Vidal when Vidal didn't deliver. He ran back, picked up Pirlo's slack, won back possession numerous times, interrupted counter attacks and stunted wing play from the right, which PDC *didn't* do. He only messed up when he slipped a couple times, which seems to be all everyone is able to remember.

In all, I am glad to have him back. This is the kind of performance that made him one of the mainstays of our team, and I hope he can keep it up.

I also liked PDC a lot, and thought Llorente might have finished a couple more chances, but was good in setting up finishes, like the one Pirlo should have buried. Worst man was Bonucci, I'd say, kind of forgettable match for him if it weren't for the goal. Also Giovinco should have scored one of his chances, but a 4-0 is a 4-0 win.
+1.

Great win!
Many guys got a rest today,we scored 4,played great,clean sheet,Forza Juve!!!

Let's keep the momentum entering this important week with the games vs Real and Napoli!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So lazy, where is the Parma thread? If it were me the thread would have been up and busy already.

Where is the score in the thread title?

Where is the MOM poll?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Great performance by the team. Players ranged from average to very good for the most part.

Judging by the match thread, I am in the minority, but I thought Marchisio was great today. Maybe not the MVP (because he didn't score), but his contribution both offensively and defensively was fantastic. Offensively he was the one to set up PDC every time so he could get a clear cross, and also had some great link up play with Tevez and Giovinco. And defensively, he was a Vidal when Vidal didn't deliver. He ran back, picked up Pirlo's slack, won back possession numerous times, interrupted counter attacks and stunted wing play from the right, which PDC *didn't* do. He only messed up when he slipped a couple times, which seems to be all everyone is able to remember.

In all, I am glad to have him back. This is the kind of performance that made him one of the mainstays of our team, and I hope he can keep it up.

I also liked PDC a lot, and thought Llorente might have finished a couple more chances, but was good in setting up finishes, like the one Pirlo should have buried. Worst man was Bonucci, I'd say, kind of forgettable match for him if it weren't for the goal. Also Giovinco should have scored one of his chances, but a 4-0 is a 4-0 win.
So you weren't sarcastic when you praised Marchisio during the match? My fault then :D. I thought you were maybe just one os those biased Claudio haters.

Agree with pretty much everything you were saying, +rep!

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
So lazy, where is the Parma thread? If it were me the thread would have been up and busy already.

Where is the score in the thread title?

Where is the MOM poll?
If it were you, we would lose again. Your 2 last opened threads - 2 losses, Mark's 2 last opened threads - 2 wins, 2 clean sheets. @Mark, keep on going. :stuckup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If it were you, we would lose again. Your 2 last opened threads - 2 losses, Mark's last 2 opened threads - 2 wins, 2 clean sheets. @Mark, keep on going. :stuckup:
I know mate, I am not opening threads for the time being but that does not mean that Mark is not lazy.

Dec 24, 2012
So you weren't sarcastic when you praised Marchisio during the match? My fault then :D. I thought you were maybe just one os those biased Claudio haters.

Agree with pretty much everything you were saying, +rep!
Oh that's what happened, I didn't know what you were talking about :D Yeah I honestly thought he was fantastic today, it made me sad when people couldn't see past the couple of slips he had and were saying he was terrible.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
2 Special Mentions:

1 - PDC - by far our best crosser, too bad Llorente couldn't just pop one in!
2 - Marchisio, even if he didn't score a goal or dominate the game, and even though he slipped more than anyone on the pitch, you could see a lot of his positivity of 11/12 in this one. He was selectively taking on players, pushing the ball forward, and making his signature incisive runs at times. I hope he continues to grow in that vain.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
without any doubt marchisio was disappointing today.
No he wasn't. His first half wasn't spectacular, but nowhere near as bad as some people here make him to be, he slipped two times, but that was it, and he didn't really bring us into a truly dangerous situation. In the second he really stepped up, had an amazing shot which hit the post and a few nice pass combinations for example with Giovinco. Also, he was mostly responsible for the defensive contribution of our midfield today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)