[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Nipples Soccer (May 23rd, 2015) (21 Viewers)

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
It is not only me who says that :)
http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-vs-napoli/1836829/live-commentary

"Penalty Goal Simone Pepe
PEPE SCORES FROM THE SPOT! The foul occurred inside the area, but it was well behind the play so I'm not sure why a penalty was awarded here - but it's a moot point as Juventus send Simone Pepe to the spot and he scores his first goal in nearly two years for the club!"

But if you guys are so happy to not undestand the meaning and the whole point of free kicks and penalties, then stay happy I can not do anything about that :)))

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
FIFA's Laws of the Game state: "A penalty kick is awarded if [an offense is] committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play."
This is going on for too long . I'll add my part in hope to close the argument . Going by the rules , any result different from a penalty would have been wrong . Deserved 100% , but logically speaking he is kind of right . It doesn't make much sense to award a penalty this way . That doesn't mean a penalty shouldn't be awarded , it means that the rules should be changed a little imho .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It is not only me who says that :)
http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-vs-napoli/1836829/live-commentary

"Penalty Goal Simone Pepe
PEPE SCORES FROM THE SPOT! The foul occurred inside the area, but it was well behind the play so I'm not sure why a penalty was awarded here - but it's a moot point as Juventus send Simone Pepe to the spot and he scores his first goal in nearly two years for the club!"
And now you're quoting Goal.com as a source for the rules of the game. :sergio:

Seriously. Read the what we just quoted from the FIFA official rules of the game. You're just trolling now.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A great display from our boys, it was not necessary to win thosec3 piints and prove anything to anyone, but they wouldnt settle to anything less than a victory!

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Napoli aren't talking to the press until the end of season

:rofl:
They didn't show when we beat them in Supercoppa in Beijing.Fuck the,Garbagetown losers.Unfortunately Benitez will go.I wish they stick with him.They will spent 200 mil every season without reaching any valuable spot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is going on for too long . I'll add my part in hope to close the argument . Going by the rules , any result different from a penalty would have been wrong . Deserved 100% , but logically speaking he is kind of right . It doesn't make much sense to award a penalty this way . That doesn't mean a penalty shouldn't be awarded , it means that the rules should be changed a little imho .
The rule may be flawed... But... what else do you award in that situation? A free kick from where the ball is?

I don't think the rules should be changed at all. The only things that warrants a sending off for an incident that far off-ball is violent conduct. Punches, headbutts, kicks, etc. If you're stupid enough to do any of these things in your own box, while the ball is up near midfield, you should be harshly punished for it, with the red card and penalty given, just as FIFA rules state.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The rule may be flawed... But... what else do you award in that situation? A free kick from where the ball is?

I don't think the rules should be changed at all. The only things that warrants a sending off for an incident that far off-ball is violent conduct. Punches, headbutts, kicks, etc. If you're stupid enough to do any of these things in your own box, while the ball is up near midfield, you should be harshly punished for it, with the red card and penalty given, just as FIFA rules state.
Yes , that would be my personal choice . I find the red card punishing enough .

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Yes, may be I was expecting a little too much logic from fifa :D, didn't think that it would be so silly.

Now looks like ref had no other choice, than giving a pk. Others arguing were right by the rules and I was wrong, but they need to see the incredible illogic of that rule as well, which led me to that arguing mistakenly :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)