[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-0 Cagliari [August 19th, 2017] (5 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
People need to be quiet about judging VAR before even learning about it.

The ref did it right in our game, he took a second look and saw Sandro hit him back of the foot.

That was key also, that the referee himself went to the side and looked at it. I saw VAR used in Bundesliga this weekend, and it's others in a TV production room with many screens who tell the ref what to do. He doesnt take a look himself there. Atleast was so in Bayern Munich and Leverkusen game. Main ref had to go by what they said and Lewandowski got a pk where he defenitely looked like he oversold a dive.

Also important to realize every decision doesn't need VAR used. It says in its rules that it's mainly pks, red cards etc. Not used for simple decisions like corners, throw ins and other minor stuff that they the ref team see themselves.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
What about hand balls? Wasnt there like 2 handballs during the match? One for each team.

Also with todays tech, i would like the ref to use an ipad or tab which he has on him full 90 mins and he doesnt leave the pitch.

What if some game has 3-5 incidents like this, its always 30-50 seconds ref leaving the pitch? That is going to affect the flow of the game.

One of the assistant/flag referees could go and check the video on the touchline. And then communicate via the headphone mices they already have in place.

I agree that the production tv room replay check is crap.

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is how many seconds the ref has to decide to use VAR?

For example what if we started a counter and scored a goal?
The ref stops the game when he wants to check VAR, like in this game was the case. He wont leave the pitch when the game is ongoing.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What about hand balls? Wasnt there like 2 handballs during the match? One for each team.

Also with todays tech, i would like the ref to use an ipad or tab which he has on him full 90 mins and he doesnt leave the pitch.

What if some game has 3-5 incidents like this, its always 30-50 seconds ref leaving the pitch? That is going to affect the flow of the game.

One of the assistant/flag referees could go and check the video on the touchline. And then communicate via the headphone mices they already have in place.

I agree that the production tv room replay check is crap.

The ref stops the game when he wants to check VAR, like in this game was the case. He wont leave the pitch when the game is ongoing.
the ref doesn't always leave the pitch, only if he doesn't agree with the VAR or if the VAR asks him for a second opinion. besides, I'd rather disturb the flow of the game than have 5 incorrect major calls. sure VAR will test our patience, but I believe it's a step in the right direction, I also agree on the penalty decision made vs Sandro

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
the ref doesn't always leave the pitch, only if he doesn't agree with the VAR or if the VAR asks him for a second opinion. besides, I'd rather disturb the flow of the game than have 5 incorrect major calls. sure VAR will test our patience, but I believe it's a step in the right direction, I also agree on the penalty decision made vs Sandro
Yeah but he should watch it always, why did he need to go watch it here then? The fact that he is the main official means he has the final decision imo. There could be cases when he doesnt watch? And later we hear it was still dubious decision cause some guy in a van watched it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah but he should watch it always, why did he need to go watch it here then? The fact that he is the main official means he has the final decision imo. There could be cases when he doesnt watch? And later we hear it was still dubious decision cause some guy in a van watched it.
It's not some guy in the van, in Juve-Cagliari it was Paolo Valeri f.e., those guys are still referees not some random nobodies
Main referee doesn't mean he takes all the decisions by himself, he relies on the linesmen to spot offsides and calls close to them, he relies on the 4th official to provide extra eyes for penalty box decisions and now he also relies on the VAR to watch the replay and give his expertise in major calls

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
No red card?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like this. After each decision it gives you the hope, that the ref might watch the replay in a minute or so... So we often might be in some kind of uncertainty.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Will the VAR be used for offsides too? If so, how will that work? The ref will leave every suspitious situation to finish and then check if it was offside?

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Will the VAR be used for offsides too? If so, how will that work? The ref will leave every suspitious situation to finish and then check if it was offside?
:agree:

I think it will have this consequence, because the other way isn't possible to repare. If you give an offside and the player stops, you cannot let this sitaution continue after checking the VAR :lol:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I saw this game the Feyenoord goal was disallowed due to offside. Had nothing to do with the VAR ant he was told that there was a penalty fot Vitesse
But what's your point? :boh:

What if it hadn't been offside and he had given the goal first? Correct, after seeing the VAR he would have had to cancel this goal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://www.blackwhitereadallover.c...a-round-1-final-score-result-initial-reaction

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS

- Pre-game lineup-related thought: OMG DANIELE RUGANI STARTING OMG
- Pre-game lineup-related thought: That whole part of the match preview in which I took time to talk about any new signings start ... I guess Max was having absolutely none of it. “You want Douglas Costa, Federico Bernardeschi or Mattia De Sciglio starting? SORRY. You get Juan Cuadrado AND Mario Mandzukic on the wings, folks.”
-First thought on Mandzukic’s goal: That’s a classic No. 9 kind of finish.
- Second thought on Mandzukic’s goal: Simone Padoin had absolutely no chance marking him.
- Third thought on Mandzukic’s goal: That’s one of the best crosses we’ve seen from Stephan Lichtsteiner in months.
- First thought on Dybala’s goal: God I love him.
-Second thought on Dybala’s goal: That pass from Pjanic is one of the best assists we will see this season. It was absolutely insane vision and execution.
-First observation of Blaise Matuidi in a Juventus jersey: This guy, even though he’s been labeled as a defensive midfielder, isn’t afraid to push forward and get involved in the attack. It’ll be interesting to see where he fits into the midfield picture once he actually has a chance to get a couple of training sessions in with his new teammates.
- Buffon’s two saves in the first half absolutely killed any kind of offensive momentum Cagliari had in the first half. Just look at how the wind went out of their sails after he saved that penalty, too. (Ball don’t lie, by the way.)
-I got a few things on Twitter over the course of the week regarding Miralem Pjanic not playing all that well during the preseason (and in big games last season). It’s like he read them tweets because he was on fire all game long and at the center of everything. That assist to Dybala will go down as one of the best things he does in a Juventus jersey this season. Just amazing skill.
- I like Daniele Rugani playing from the start. His first task on defense was executed to perfection, with a tackle easily made and done calmly as well. Hopefully him starting alongside Giorgio Chiellini is something that we get to see a lot of over the next couple of months as this new season gets underway.
- Juan Cuadrado ... smh.:)lol:)
-You know you’ve entered the game with plenty of really good options on the bench when you see Allegri go through all three subs and Federico Bernardeschi is left sitting on the bench.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Fuckin' cheats! This team hasn't won a single game without cheating in one way or another. All your scudetti - TAINTED, HOLLOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)