[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (37 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Inter's result matters little to me..We are JUVENTUS,n should not be struggling to dismiss Cagliari and Udinese. For me it's not so much so that we lost those games,but the manner in which we lost them.We were abysmal in every department from goal to attack,the recurrence of Zanetti's and Chiellini's injuries and Buffon's form upon return make me wonder if they were truly ready for action or Ranieri was just pressured into putting on the 'big boys'.

We were doing pretty well towards the end of 2008 and the return of the 'big boys' was supposed 2 enhance us,unfortunately it appears to have emasculated us.

I'm praying this is just a blip and not the beginning of a slump..

Time will tell

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
BTW, I heard through an unreliable source that Chiellini and Zanetti are out for one and two months respectively..any word on this?

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Inter's result matters little to me..We are JUVENTUS,n should not be struggling to dismiss Cagliari and Udinese. For me it's not so much so that we lost those games,but the manner in which we lost them.We were abysmal in every department from goal to attack,the recurrence of Zanetti's and Chiellini's injuries and Buffon's form upon return make me wonder if they were truly ready for action or Ranieri was just pressured into putting on the 'big boys'.

We were doing pretty well towards the end of 2008 and the return of the 'big boys' was supposed 2 enhance us,unfortunately it appears to have emasculated us.

I'm praying this is just a blip and not the beginning of a slump..

Time will tell
hope so !!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The players only did as they were instructed. Sure, nobody had a good game, but this is like pointing the finger at a garbage truck crew who were put in charge of a nuclear reactor. Wrong players, wrong positions.
Depends what you mean by instructed Andy. Sissoko gave the ball away on the 3rd goal we conceded, don't think he was instructed to do so my man.

Like I said, they all share and take the responsibility of this loss. From Ranieri to Del Piero ending up with Buffon etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Depends what you mean by instructed Andy. Sissoko gave the ball away on the 3rd goal we conceded, don't think he was instructed to do so my man.

Like I said, they all share and take the responsibility of this loss. From Ranieri to Del Piero ending up with Buffon etc.
If Sissoko had somebody next to him that could pass, or if the system was different so that he isn't left stranded with the ball in midfield, he would be less likely to give the ball away. Can't expect miracles from someone who simply can't pass the ball. We need to guard against player weaknesses by fielding the right players and system, but Ranieri doesn't do that.

First and foremost: Ranieri is at fault.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
If Sissoko had somebody next to him that could pass, or if the system was different so that he isn't left stranded with the ball in midfield, he would be less likely to give the ball away. Can't expect miracles from someone who simply can't pass the ball. We need to guard against player weaknesses by fielding the right players and system, but Ranieri doesn't do that.

First and foremost: Ranieri is at fault.
I agree that Sissoko needs somebody next to him who can pass.Who would that be though?Tiago wasn't even on the bench.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #497
    The players only did as they were instructed. Sure, nobody had a good game, but this is like pointing the finger at a garbage truck crew who were put in charge of a nuclear reactor. Wrong players, wrong positions.
    If the biggest blame is on Ranieri, something most of us agree at, it is rather silly to blame all the blame on him and not mention the other factors.

Scapegoat is so middle ages.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    If the biggest blame is on Ranieri, something most of us agree at, it is rather silly to blame all the blame on him and not mention the other factors.

Scapegoat is so middle ages.
    What other "factors"?

Please don't say injuries. That's no excuse.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Interesting blog on channel4 about amauri...mostly about his international call up but it brings an excellent point. We have two amazing strikers (trez and amauri) that excel in the air and can potentially score loads of goals. In order for that to happen they need consistent accurate service and that is something we can't supply anymore. Especially not from anyone on the wings. Man we are going to have to pay loads of money to improve our 442 which maybe that's why they are contemplating changing the system as it might be cheaper ala diego where buying one mid will go a long way.

The way I see it is if we stay at a 442 we need to spend on a neddy replacement, a genius for the middle (not another DM) that can supply endless quality to all areas wide and center, and two quality outside backs or a worldclass CB. If we can't improve these areas then our system fails as we are waayyyyy to predictable. We are blessed with an array of worldclass strikers and no way to supply them hence our current failure to score and the endless struggle to put the ball in the net.

In my honest opinion we need to spend first on an MC or AMC that can link our back and front. We have no one that wants to receive the ball from defense and their only alternative is to boot the ball in pray it lands right at the feet of DP or amauri. You can't win games consistently by bypassing the midfield. We have our engine in sissoko now we need that anchor. Its time to spend otherwise we better get used to this inconsistent form. Sissoko sadly as he is one of our top players defensively but happens to be the worst passer in the team. We desperatly need confidence in the middle.

We screwed ourselves by not being more flexible with liverpool on xabi alonso, the board had the right idea but should have gotten him over amauri. Iaquinta would be fine with DP and gio as a backup(until trez's return) if they had that worldclass quality delivery tha alonso can deliver. Now we are forced to play desperate passes and pray nedved finds another fountain of youth. I love amauri and all but that 25M should have been spent differently. There is no point having the likes of amauri and trez up top if you can't give them the kind of supply they need. Marchionni can't cross, molinaro can't cross, melberg can't cross, neddey used to be able to cross, grygera can't cross....that leaves us in a world of hurt because after our outside players fail we don't have anyone in the middle that can carry the burden of their failures.

Forza giovinco over nedved. Forza camoranesi. If camo never finds his old form and CR is reluctant to field giovinco and we keep the 442 without spending money then we are a top 4 team, not title contenders. We don't have the quality midfield that will give us consistent performances and delivery to our goalscores.

In lieu of our recent slump, I love you juve, forza juventus...always.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Interesting blog on channel4 about amauri...mostly about his international call up but it brings an excellent point. We have two amazing strikers (trez and amauri) that excel in the air and can potentially score loads of goals. In order for that to happen they need consistent accurate service and that is something we can't supply anymore. Especially not from anyone on the wings. Man we are going to have to pay loads of money to improve our 442 which maybe that's why they are contemplating changing the system as it might be cheaper ala diego where buying one mid will go a long way.

The way I see it is if we stay at a 442 we need to spend on a neddy replacement, a genius for the middle (not another DM) that can supply endless quality to all areas wide and center, and two quality outside backs or a worldclass CB. If we can't improve these areas then our system fails as we are waayyyyy to predictable. We are blessed with an array of worldclass strikers and no way to supply them hence our current failure to score and the endless struggle to put the ball in the net.
    Good point, but of course some people don't want to change the system despite it being the problem. As I've said for years now, the players we have do not match the necessary elements of the straight 4-4-2, especially when Camoranesi is out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)