[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (22 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I thought I saw the worst Juve performance of the year after that loss against Udinesse where they blatantly outclassed us, but I was wrong. Defending was terrible and we got what we deserved.

Anyway, I'm not too angry because I take comfort in the fact that we probably never had a chance of winning the Scudetto anyway.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Душан;1884216 said:
Ranieri made wrong formation at the start which I didn't like and he can be blamed for this.
what would have been your formation with the available players ?

Душан;1884216 said:
It's sad he still wants to keep playing Nedved who was bad in the second half.I don't know what he sees in him,he can't offer much nowadays and even if he scored he didn't do much more so no reason to keep him whole damn game.
i don't think he is so eager to field nedved (yeah, i know it sounds funny), but i think the alternatives on nedveds position were not so great yesterday. if you remember, ranieri did play salihamdzic there quiet a few times, which leads to the conclusion he wants a player there that runs his ass off and does also know how to defend, but brazzo was not available. so the only other option would have been de ceglie, but he is way to defensive and unexperienced to bring anything ... defensivly nor attacking

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #405
    Perhaps. Still, after today it could be a very big gap and I don't see Inter dropping too many points, so I am very disappointed after last night.
    So am I and I was bitching all evening but I wasn't blaming Ranieri and Secco for the loss.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    Again if its a collective failure, the greatest part of the blame has to go on the coach.
    i am really gettin tired of this shit ...

did the coach do the individual mistakes that lead to the offside trap not working ?

the coach can do shit in those situations ... you all agreed that mourinho was the overlord of coaches and still he lost with this strong inter against minnows ... is he also to blame ?

i have two strong words for you ....

come on ! ... i mean .. cooooome on !

you can not always blame ranieri for things that lie in the past, so what would the best coach in the world would have done if he just was appointed at the day of the match ? who should he have brought onto the pitch to change the course of the game ? or is it just a phrase many of you use, because you read somewhere that good coaches read the game and than play it like chess and it always works out ?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Judging by our previous recessions, we should be getting out of this one perfectly in time for the Chelsea ties.

All we can do now is to stay in the top 4 of Serie A while focusing completely on the Champions League, à la Milan and Liverpool.

soulslider

Rregula sound
    May 16, 2006
    i am really gettin tired of this shit ...

did the coach do the individual mistakes that lead to the offside trap not working ?

the coach can do shit in those situations ...

no he didn't make individual mistakes but it he is partially to blame if those offside traps don't work .

you can not always blame ranieri for things that lie in the past, so what would the best coach in the world would have done if he just was appointed at the day of the match ? who should he have brought onto the pitch to change the course of the game ? or is it just a phrase many of you use, because you read somewhere that good coaches read the game and than play it like chess and it always works out ?

what are you talking about here ?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    what would have been your formation with the available players ?
    I didn't like seeing Zanetti in starting XI and he got injured and I don't know why we played Mellberg as a right back.I don't really like when he plays there.

i don't think he is so eager to field nedved (yeah, i know it sounds funny), but i think the alternatives on nedveds position were not so great yesterday. if you remember, ranieri did play salihamdzic there quiet a few times, which leads to the conclusion he wants a player there that runs his ass off and does also know how to defend, but brazzo was not available. so the only other option would have been de ceglie, but he is way to defensive and unexperienced to bring anything ... defensivly nor attacking
    I'd field De Ceglie because I think he would add something.His crosses are good and he's much faster than Nedved while he is not any worse than him defensivly.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    what are you talking about here ?
    i was trying to say: don't always do blame ranieri for mistakes he made in the past ... he can not change anything about it.

it only makes sense to blame him for things he did get wrong in the present... and these mistakes are not as big as the mistakes by our players.

does it make sense to you, if i post "ha ha you bastard ranieri did fuck up in the transfer market and now you are doomed and that is why we lost this game" everytime we lose ?

blame him for mistakes he made in this games and i'll be ok with it.

it is funny, that people to like to invent/create fictional mistakes (the halftime speech noone knows anything about), instead of speaking about the non-fictional mistakes you could see on the pitch, and they were made by the players ...

if i was angry i could say these bums in the defense get paid enough to now how a god damn offside traps work or how to behave in situations on the counter attack ...

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #414
    Judging by our previous recessions, we should be getting out of this one perfectly in time for the Chelsea ties.

All we can do now is to stay in the top 4 of Serie A while focusing completely on the Champions League, à la Milan and Liverpool.
    The fact is many of us have set the team objectives/potential is to to end up in top 4 in the table and reach the second stage of the CL.

The second objective was reached fast and easy. No matter what happens afterwards in the CL is not of my concern and the longer we reach the happier I get.

In the first objective we have overachieved. Could it be that we reached our goals so early in the season that the players have lost all motivation? It can be a factor but these two latest results should be a wake up call that even that objective might be missed if things continue as they are.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #415
    no he didn't make individual mistakes but it he is partially to blame if those offside traps don't work .
    The offside trap is totally up to the players to execute it on the pitch. You can blame him for asking the players to play offside but then again, playing offside was one of our, if not the only, strengths this season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    i was trying to say: don't always do blame ranieri for mistakes he made in the past ... he can not change anything about it.
    You say people should not always attack Ranieri for bad results but did you say it was his fault even once?No,you always say it was something else...from players boots,weather to blaming fans and hard home matches.

It's Ranieri's tactics.

Players should be blamed also,but not as much as coach...at least for this match.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
    May 1, 2006
    I havent seen easier taking our field by their players for any team for years.Legrotaglie shoud play for Catanzaro or for other club in serie C.Everyone was a disaster not bad.that idiot Ranieri should coach Serie Z team ,not Juve.Blanc should went back to Roland Garros and organize Federer-Nadal matches.
    Our defence was a joke,real joke.As I stated million times we will never win any title for ages with this idiots,Panieri,Blanc and Secco.
    Chelsea will kill us.Fuck.Bastards Inter who are the worst team in world will win the titlw with 15 points advantage.I cant stand this any more.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    v1rtu4l would never blame the coach, under any kind of circumstances anyway,
    if you ask him, under which conditions the blame should go to the coach, he has no answer for that...

He doesnt have an idea to defend, he only accuse the ideas of others with contradicting argumentation and if that fails, with the known, "fm manager" quote...

Dusan, dont bother your self with that!

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    v1rtu4l would never blame the coach, under any kind of circumstances anyway,
    if you ask him, under which conditions the blame should go to the coach, he has no answer for that...

He doesnt have an idea to defend, he only accuse the ideas of others with contradicting argumentation and if that fails, with the known, "fm manager" quote...

Dusan, dont bother your self with that!
    Surely any manager that strictly plays a 4-4-2 formation with two of the worst fullbacks in a top European club and two of the worst wingers in the league has got to come under some criticizing.. Marchionni is absolutely hopeless, never have I watched a more frustrating player and even the most ardernt Nedved fans would say without any hesitation that he shouldn't be starting week in week out and I won't even start on our fullbacks.. I'm not sure it's completely down to Secco either, these choices seem to be that of Ranieri

cyril

Let's roll
    Jul 6, 2006
    I had a nights rest and now I'm calmer. I wont blame ranieri because honestly it wasnt his fault he had 2 injuries to deal with and he couldnt have possibly changed anything. I really believe that it wasn't our defense who was weak it was our midfield especially sissoko, he twice gave the ball away in the middle. I don't see how we can have a player in our midfield that gives 30 percent of his passes away to opposition, hes also ever so clumsy on the ball. I'm not blaming our defeat solely on momo, however these last 2 games he was arguably our weakest player.

It also seems that our midfield never delivers we have 2 "ball winners" in the middle. Sissoko poulsen didnt work and sissoko marchisio hasn't worked either. I know marchisio has lots of potential but currently his passing and delivery is still mediocre at best. I believe ranieri should go with tiago sissoko in the middle like he did when we got out of our october slump last year.

As for our scudetto hopes, I still have some faith but its better to be realistic now and just focus on second place for a direct CL qualification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)