[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (94 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Agreed on that part.
But we gotta get up and dust ourselves off now and do what we can now to the best of our ability.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Ofcourse people are going to be wondering what went wrong.
i can tell you, what went wrong: ranieri did just once follow the cool tactics of the forum users here...

the best thing would be to blame this awful ranieri for the loss, because there is no way the players that earn three times as much and don't give their all have anything to do with that ! perhaps some players are just fed up with their high wage, because i can clearly see, that the ones that earn the less (e.g. molinaro, marchisio) do give a fuck or two about the results ... and no ... alex, dribbling all the time instead of passing is not "giving all for the team".

with this bunch of lacklustre clowns you would even lose two a good serie b team ... emphazise on TEAM. it clear that we were no team in the last games, because if we played as team, there were not so many situations where the centre backs were left alone against the cagliari attackers.

to blame the half time speech is exactly what was expected from some here ... if you can not exactly name what ranieri did wrong, than we just invent something he must have done wrong. no way the players did wrong, it had to be a curse that ranieri cast over the team in the halftime.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
goddamn winter break has seriously messed up our rhythm...but I think we will be OK, we just need one good performance under our belt...remember that we were in the same situation after the Palermo and Napoli games...many people thought back then that our Scudetto challenge was over
Because we knew that our winter crisis was still ahead of us...and after those two crisis, our chances to win the title would be very slim.
Although this phenomenon was expected, it has deep roots, (training fatigue and psychological reasons) the first crisis was inexcusable... that was where we lost our chances.

Anyway, the title challenge is only an added bonus, our real goal is #2, if we succeed that, then goal accomplished, otherwise, we failed...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
ya but arguing about whose to blame is not only pointless but idiotic as well
Yup
but normally coach is blamed
and we can see too when teams fired their coach and hire the new one like Cagliari
It will affect the team and how we play..You can see too at Barca (Rijkaard -> Pep) or Madrid (Schuster -> Ramos), or Tottenham (Ramos ->Redknapp)

What we need to change is that we can't always use the offside trap and how bad we are when opponents doing counter attack (we conceded 2 goals from Udinese in counter attack and now we conceded more against Cagliari)...also our MC (Momo and Marchisio) miss the pass too much, we need MC who can play possesion and the tempo...we also lack of pace and creativity from winger

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #388
    FFS jack, our team just lost 6 points in the space of a week. Ofcourse people are going to be wondering what went wrong.
    Does that mean we have to hate on the management and Ranieri, wish them death and call everyone who doesn't a moron, an idiot, brainless, stupid. And then top it up with saying that "we said it all from the beginning"?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    No but at the same time people aren't going to go, 'well we lost 2 on the trot, no biggie'
    You've got to expect it here, everyone is going to have their theroies, no matter how utterly false they may be, the easy thing to do is blame the coach and this usally catches on but I don't see why this makes them less of a fan, after all it is only their point of view.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #391
    No but at the same time people aren't going to go, 'well we lost 2 on the trot, no biggie'
    You've got to expect it here, everyone is going to have their theroies.
    As Dru said, arguing about whose to blame is not only pointless but idiotic as well.

Also I haven't seen anyone say that losing two on the row is "no biggie". There's middle ground, you know?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Buffon 5

Mellberg 4
    Legro 4
    Chiellini 4
    Molinaro 6

Marchionni 4.5
    Marchisio 5.5
    Sissoko 5.5
    Nedved 6.5

Del Piero 5
    Amauri 6

Iaquinta 5

Ranieri 4

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
    Will be fine...Just 2,5 years to go...
    And ya "Cagliari deserve credit, they played a very good match,"-our good coach Ranieri.....“We are obviously disappointed for our fans who saw Juve drop six points this week, but we will try and make up for lost ground as soon as possible,” -Cobolli. Don't wory "el presidente", we are with u...
    This guys make me laugh...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    :cry:

Where do I start?

I can't believe this...I just can't.I think we just dropped all chances we had to chase this scudetto.We needed these points badly and I can't believe we screwed it.
    Now I understand why Cagliari destroyed Lazio...we were outplayed in some areas and they were too fast for us.Their counter attacks are one of the best I ever saw.Second goal we scored was not legit since ball passed the line so we didn't deserve any points here...not even one.Jeda owned our defense a few times and scored later on as some people already said we'll have troubles with him.Well,they were right...sadly.He was not the only one.

Buffon didn't look so confident IMO.Defense was terrible and always late with off-side traps and too clumsy to chase their players.Mellberg is not a right back he should not play there!Chiellini got injured,hopefully he won't miss Champions League...he was not that good tonight but we need him in defense.What the fuck is wrong with our player injuries?Zanetti looked in pain and I guess he'll miss at least one month.Legro is not that good as he was while Molinaro had some good runs but also had some mistakes in defense. Mellberg-Chiellini-Legro-Molinaro combination is just too slow and can't work well against some teams...like we saw against Cagliari.

Nedved lost it people.He's a legent and it's good to see him scoring again but he's not the same one and he should be just a sub.His shots are weak now and 80% of 'em are just too wide.Marchionni is even worse even if he's younger.He is very fast and he covers a lof of the pitch but all he did was pretty much pointless.Sissoko was good,especially in the first half but it's sad when I see him being our Pirlo and starting our actions,it's really incredible.Marchisio was good in first but later on he was pretty much invisible.We clearly miss Camo but even if we had him that couldn't help us much here I'm afraid.

Our players rotated...maybe even too much.Nedved played as AML,AMC and as MC.Marchionni was left and right while Marchisio played as MR on some occasions.

Del Piero was creative and had some sweet passes.I wish he scored that free kick but 1 point was not enough.Amauri was great and fought like a real beast!I wish he scored because he really need it.He is becoming too nervious because Trez is coming back and he didn't score for a while.He needs some rest but Trez was too raw for today plus we already used our subs.

Ranieri made wrong formation at the start which I didn't like and he can be blamed for this.Cagliari saw us through and they knew how we're going to play and pretty much owned our ass.Especially in the second half.They had very good subs too...when I saw Matri coming I knew he'll score.It's sad he still wants to keep playing Nedved who was bad in the second half.I don't know what he sees in him,he can't offer much nowadays and even if he scored he didn't do much more so no reason to keep him whole damn game.We were terrible in the second half which made us lose this game.We had no one to create some actions so we didn't know what to do with the damn ball.

Buffon-5

Mellberg-4.5
    Chiellini-5
    Legro-4.5
    Molinaro-5

Marchionni-5
    Sissoko-6
    Zanetti- /
    Nedved-5.5

Del Piero-6
    Amauri-6.5 MOM

Marchisio-5.5
    Iaquinta-5
    Grygera-5

Ranieri-4

We probably lost scudetto here officially which drives me nuts.Inter will take their chance and even 1 point will make it look almost impossible for us considering we'll played many matches without many players who are injured again .I still can't believe we lost it here after all we've been through this season...If Milan wins we'll be in the third place.So far since second part of the season started we are afwul and there are so many hard matches to be played so I don't even know what to predict further on.

On the top of that Juventuz went offline so I wanted to murder someone.So many people probably wanted to say "FUCK" (can't blame you guys)so it crashed it I guess.

rb77

s e V e n
    Dec 8, 2007
    2 reasons is why we lost these 2 games..
    1-tactics
    2-quality players

we will never be able to accomplish anything with this flat 4-4-2..we cant have to defensive midfeilders..we need a creative one and a defensive one..i wish tiago would play the rest of the season partnering sissoko

now to go to the quality players..our defence sucks..it really does..we need a lb a rb and a cb..legro has got to go..molinaro is a good sub..and grygera is realy realy inconsistent..our wings in midfield also need a new breath..camo is always injured..and nedved is just aging and anyways this is his last year anyways..and like i said above we need a creative mid and a defensive one..our attack is the only thing thats positive in this team..and yet they cant score..why? because nobody is giving them the ball...

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Again if its a collective failure, the greatest part of the blame has to go on the coach. It is highly unlikely that most of our players lost form at the same time for 3-4 consecutive matches. Smth else happened that affected their form/focus/fitness. This reason, whatever it is, its exactly our coaches job/duty.
    Players are to blame, if the rest of the team works well and they dont, or if they do an individual mistake. Some of our players are old, some are injury prone, they can only deliver that much. The couch ought to be realistic, comprehend that, keep it in mind and find a way to overcome it.

Neddy and Marchionni are off form, CR knows that, why doesnt he replace them?
    Since they constantly under-perform and drag our team down with them.
    If someone else happens to have an off day, then the majority of our team will,
    ho do you expect us to compete like that?? Its that simple actually.
    You cant blame the players here, when you know that they cant do any better than that and you keep using them, abusively.

Our defenders are bellow par, they are just not good enough, why does he insist on them? You can blame our forwards all you like, but remember that we did scored twice. Is it normal though, to concede 3 goals from a team like Cagliari??
    The skills of our defenders is limited, teamwork and DM support is what makes them seem decent. The vertical passes canceled the effect of our off side trap (teamwork) and it did revealed the individual quality of our defenders.
    Jeda was running circles though each and every one of our defenders, walking his way into our small box and we are still occupied of how to sell Iaquinta so we can buy Quaq or Cassano....

We need a pair of fullbacks and a pair of wingers, able to support both offensively and defensively. We need better offensive/creative tactics and someone able, to make them happen (AMF) Our weaknesses have been extensively presented and explained here, but some members insist on ignoring them, hoping that somehow it will will go work in our favor...

But i am not going to blame CR for that, he is just a pawn, who has to work with limited and unreliable tools and a fake smile on his face...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    But i am not going to blame CR for that, he is just a pawn, who has to work with limited and unreliable tools and a fake smile on his face...
    The unreliable tools he opted for during the off season transfer window. Otherwise very true post:tup: i agree we need to go shopping and our tactics defensive tactics won't work against everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)