[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (87 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
1st goal:
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2590535

Molinaro is on the left flank closing down, the ball is played backwards for a deep cross, ball into the area, chiellini and legro are both marking the same man strolling, not even attempting to get to biondini, marchionni cant get to the header. Not molinaros mistake, legro, chiellini and marco equally to blame

2nd goal:
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2590638

Your right, molinaro is miles out of position, he is partly to blame, but so is legro for not picking up the runner, and chiellini should have read that ball was going into the center.

3rd goal:
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2590694

Molinaro attacking as he should be, momo gives ball away, moli bombs it back at like 30mph. Chiellini FOOLISHLY runs out of position to close down the guy on the ball, who grygera is already closing down, thus losing Matri, Matri scores with acres of space: Chiellini is to blame without doubt

so no, moli was not the defender most at fault, it was infact chiellini
Chiellini had been substituted before their last goal. For Grygera.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nothing like Andy to lighten the mood:hug:

We just dont have the players "available" to make the system work...and the ones we do have "available" are too old

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm going to apply a different take on the match today. I have a fever and feel like absolute crap rolled up on my couch, and the match made it worse.

But first of all, hats off to Cagliari. They deserved to win. They schooled us, and the best team won. Their counterattacking was vicious, their defense in the box was pretty solid -- particularly in the last 20 minutes of the match. They seemed to have far more possession than Juve as the game wound down, with better passes, aggressive play, etc.

Juve look dreadful on defense. The marking was poor today. And our usual reliables were piss poor. Giving up 3 goals at home against Cagliari is inexcusable. But with the way we played, we were lucky it wasn't 4 goals.

Buffon - 5 - Sure he wasn't given much of a chance with attackers on jailbreak today. But he did little all match to connect with the ball. He did little to come out of goal and make Cagliari alter their shot. He should be capable of better.

Mellberg - 4 - Nervy, unassured, gives up the ball way too often. Poster child for our defensive woes.

Legro - 4.5 - Where was he? Did some things offensively, but we needed him more at the other end.

Chellini - 4 - One of the worst matches I've ever seen Chiellini play. He wasn't in the match the whole game.

Molinaro - 5.5 - Our best defender. Had some nice moves to drive the ball forward, and he prevented some crosses. But he needed to get back on those jailbreaks.

Marchionni - 4 - Dreadful marking on that first goal. Lots of running, but didn't get us anywhere.

Sissoko - 5 - Destroyed very little today. Possession was dreadful too.

Zanetti - 4.5 - Played like he was injured before he got injured.

Nedved - 6 - An impact player today.

Del Piero - 5 - Couldn't spring anything. Couldn't unlock Cagliari's defense.

Amauri - 5 - Spent most of the day extremely frustrated. I was too.

Subs:

Marchisio - 5.5 - I've seen him come out with a stronger defensive presence, which we sorely needed today. A couple bad passes, but most were decent. But needed to do so much more for possession.

Iaquinta - 4 - *Crickets*

Grygera - 5 - Sadly, he was better than Chiellini today and Mellberg. Perhaps combined. And yet he wasn't that good.

Coach:

Ranieri - 5 - Didn't have an answer for the counterattacks. His hand was forced for a number of his subs, so I can't fault him too much there. The team came back but choked in the second half.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
RUINeri is to blame because he has no tactical sense....his rants of "this Juventus side that never quits" means NOTHING when the opposing team knows your weaknesses and exploits them . Udinese and Cagliari showed that in the last 2 games. What do you guys suppose Chelsea will do to our sorry side ?? It takes more than DP free-kicks to win us games

The defense today was the worst I ever saw it...even worse than it was in the 2003-04 season (the first time Legro was with us)...it cant even be called bad, it was EMBARASSING !!!

The midfield with the likes of "I cant complete a simple pass to my teammates" Sissoko and "I should be signed by Serie D side Martina" Marchionni could do nothing right today, same as on wednesday. They couldnt get the ball to the forwards, and they couldnt slow Cagliari down. Both the defense and midfield are responsible for the 3 counter-attack goals that Cagliari easily converted, as if they were playing a reserve team in a training ground scrimmage

Buffon 6- no chance today

Mellberg 4- pathetic

Legro 4.5- not much better

Chellini 5- the best of a bad defense

Molinaro 4.5- not much help offensively or defensively

Marchionni 3- we found out that he cant help out defensively either...Martina in Serie D is a calling....

Sissoko 5- except for the goal, the worst I've seen him play in a Juve jersey

Marchisio 5- still not sold on this kid...regardless of what our brilliant management team thinks

Neddy 6- he hustled his old legs off, and was the only bright spot on this team. Rewarded a goal for his efforts

DP 5- wasnt his day

Amauri 5- wasnt his day, either

Iaquinta 3- was he even out there ??

Grygera N/R

Zanetti N/R

RUINeri 3- coaching is more than just pep talks, loser !!

Team management 2- I cannot believe that with all the holes in this team that we've signed NOBODY in the 'market....we need another CB and fullback, as well as a RM and most of all a creative middie. The management team is either a bunch of blind idiots, or they are not serious about winning some silverware

Next trainwreck is on wednesday, when Napoli knocks us out of the Coppa, followed by a worldwide embarassment, when Chelsea exploits every weakness we have, and tosses us out of the CL with ease
Agreed. Any of these dumbass fucking idiots saying otherwise are just the usual fucknuts that just go by whatever is happening at the time.

If they played the stock market, they'd be broke. That's how fucking dumb they are. idiots, the lot of them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
our system must change, second week running our offside trap has been sussed out, i had feared this would happen. What the hell happened to the traditional italian style of man marking defence not this zonal crap

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Our system will not change, this same terrorist/imbecile will use the same players and formation, so what's the point?

He's a fucking loser. Always was, always will be. Can't wait until he's gone, the little smug white-heared maggot.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Has the trasfer window closed or is it open until monday? I really want to see us make an effort to sign Ivanovic, we could so do with him at the moment.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i think the only time buffon actually touched the ball was to either get the ball out of the net or a goal kick

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm sorry but Buffon got a 6 on vinmans ratings :lol2:
buffon was poor, no doubt about it, but it depends how you view it, there was not really much he could have done. But for me a goalkeeper is more than just someone who is expected to save. Tonight he should have been a leader and he completely failed, very disappointing

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i think he was going for "Trial and error" kinda thing...
if it doesnt work then i'll try something else etc.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
To answer the poll, the players lost us the game. 2 of Ranieri's sub's were forced, and the only option for Marchionni was to bring on another forward to go for the win. Bringing on any1 else and he would be accused of not wanting 3 pts. He did nothing different in this game compared to the rest of the season in terms of tactics or player selections, therefore it was the players who lost us the match.

The defense was terrible. Chiellini included. Our offside trap failed on 2 of their goals, sending some1 in alone vs Buffon. Molinaro was the only player who did a decent job.

The midfield provided nothing, and was very disorganized, especially after Zanetti went off. Marchionni was drifting out to the left, Nedved in the middle, Momo was caught to high up the pitch at times, and Marchisio was not sure where he needed to be. Nedved played better than usual, but it wasn't anything noteworthy. As for Marchionni, I can't wait till Camo gets back.

Del Piero and Amauri were the only players who had decent games. Both worked hard and created chances single handedly, but they had no1 to link up with or play off.

Hopefully we iron out these issues b4 Chelsea or we are truly fucked.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
To answer the poll, the players lost us the game. 2 of Ranieri's sub's were forced, and the only option for Marchionni was to bring on another forward to go for the win. Bringing on any1 else and he would be accused of not wanting 3 pts. He did nothing different in this game compared to the rest of the season in terms of tactics or player selections, therefore it was the players who lost us the match.

The defense was terrible. Chiellini included. Our offside trap failed on 2 of their goals, sending some1 in alone vs Buffon. Molinaro was the only player who did a decent job.

The midfield provided nothing, and was very disorganized, especially after Zanetti went off. Marchionni was drifting out to the left, Nedved in the middle, Momo was caught to high up the pitch at times, and Marchisio was not sure where he needed to be. Nedved played better than usual, but it wasn't anything noteworthy. As for Marchionni, I can't wait till Camo gets back.

Del Piero and Amauri were the only players who had decent games. Both worked hard and created chances single handedly, but they had no1 to link up with or play off.

Hopefully we iron out these issues b4 Chelsea or we are truly fucked.
:tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Slept right after the match and woke up just now... But I'm still feeling bitter about this loss...

Andy, Ranieri should take some of the blame for this loss, but you are really stupid to claim that he lost us this match... He put in Marchisio for Zanetti... Right call because Marchisio was playing well and should have made the starting lineup... then he put in Iaquinta for Marchi, again right call... Then he put in Grygera for Chiellini... No other choice there... In the course of the match the only time Ranieri could have done something wrong was at the HT team talk, which we have no idea what he said...

So who's to blame for the defeat? Global Warming :D

I suggest we play with out Primevera players for the rest of the season... They'd play much better than the players we have now and would show more commitment... and make Molinaro the captain of that team... He's the only one givin it his all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)