[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (107 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
you could say "2 perfectly played counter attacks later, we lost 2:3".

i am really disappointed with buffon ... the last to games he was not better than manninger =(
PLEASE tell me how Buffon is to blame on a breakaway and a 2 v 1, while the rest of the defense is no where to be found ??

if anything, the defense owes Gigi an apology for hanging him out to dry

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In the first half Molinaro was by far our best defender, both offensively and defensively. I don't know about the second half, but in the first half he was the best of the back 4 while Chiellini was the worst.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Buffon is being defended by too many members for sure,
Yes he isn't at the top of his game, but he is meant to be world class nontheless, and 5 goals conceded over 2 games is simply not good enough.
Spot on

1.) What exactly does CR say to his team before the game to get them mentally prepared is what I want to know? ( I said the same thing against Udinese) For some reason unknown to me it takes our team at least 20-30 minutes to actually look like we are in the match and want to win it. We made some good chances early on with Amauri/Momo but that was it.

2.) We need someone desperately in the middle that can A.) give sissoko support because the moment that guy gets put under pressure he trips over his own legs and B.) we have absolutely NO SERVICE to our frontmen at all. When was the last time they scored anyways? (Xabi/Diego anyone?)

3.) I wonder if our board is regretting now not getting anyone this winter window now ESPECIALLY in defense! (Mattioni, Motta) Today our defense looked pathetic, we really need some new players in this area NOT (keyword here) reinforcements. We need starters.

4.) IQ needs to go, thanks for your super sub goals last season but no thanks. Lets get the money from Zenit (which Cobogli already declined) and use it wisely.

5.) Dear board, please spend.

6.) Holy Shit what the hell is up with this damn injuries, they do not end! We were without Zanetti, Zebina, Camo, and Trez with no real quality to take their place. Marchionni needs to be the FIRST man off this roster, thanks for working hard and giving ABSOLUTELY nothing to this squad, all you are doing is filling someones shoes you have no business or ability to fill.

7.) I still am not sure about CR as with the injury plague that has hit our team all season long, I really dont know what else to poor guy can do. But I will say this, he SUCKS at getting the team mentally ready for matches. We walk out on the pitch with smiles and our heads up our asses. I dont see that do or die attitude anymore, we need that back ASAP.

8.) Wishful thinking: Cagliari beat us, lets pray Torino can turn water into wine tomorrow.

9.) How is it possible to hit two "different crisis's" in one season? October 08 and January/February 09. I hate with all my heart to see Inter win another title...it breaks my heart.

10.) I thought Weds sucked...

11.) That's all I have:depressed
Amen brother!

I wanted to talk about this earlier, but i thought i'll leave it after this match.
Before Buffon got injured and after his comeback we played our worst matches defensively and we conceded more goals than ever.

I'm not blaming Buffon of course, but could it be that our defensive minded players relax more when they know that Buffon is at the goal?
Either that or our crisis coincidently came while Gigi was playing.
I thinks its the mindset of the defence, they must just relax. But also Buffon has been piss poor these last few games at organising and communicating with the backline, and that is just as important as making saves

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Oh, fuck. Here come the Ranieri haters. Forgeting that he brought Juve in 1/8 finals of the CL and bringing juve 2nd place in Seria A with half (even more) of the squad injured. WTF do you all expect???? Teams like Barca and Man U and Liverpool and etc are spending milions of euros on players while we want to succeed in wining everything without a euro spent. Changes are needed badly but for as long as Juve is acting like a cheap bastard there will be many moments like this. And as for Ranieri; why do you guys are flying so high?? Because Ranieri with his excellent managment made you feel that way. He made a wining team from a team that was in Seria B just 3 years ago, from a team that lost half of its finest players and lost God knows how much millions of euros.

Today, the players were shitty not the manager.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wanted to talk about this earlier, but i thought i'll leave it after this match.
Before Buffon got injured and after his comeback we played our worst matches defensively and we conceded more goals than ever.

I'm not blaming Buffon of course, but could it be that our defensive minded players relax more when they know that Buffon is at the goal?
That is exactly what I said during the match today. I think they believe that since Buffon is in goal all is well, with Manniger now so "sure" as Buffon they had to remain on their toes, the pressure was on the defense not Manniger. Now they look relaxed.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
bollocks, did you happen to notice that 2 goals were scored from our right to the center, thats legro, mellbers and chiellini's job
Its his job as a LB to move into the centre and cover to un-marked players as the man with the ball is obviously going to suck in 1 or 2 defenders. Everyone was marking someone except Molinaro. He had his thumb up his ass for both goals.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I doubt that's the case. Personally I think this was our scenario in the last 180 min:

1-We are playing with both Sissoko and Marchisio, they both don't know when to control the rhythm of the game and when to cool it down when opponents putting pressure on us. Unlike Zanetti/Tiago. They can't pass properly, their attempt for long passing has been terrible, allowing our opponents for the counter attack.

2-Legro/Mellberg/Chiellini not reacting well on the offside trap. I said it before, once we are leading, we shouldn't rely on the offside trap too much. Very risky. We play defensively since we got both Marchisio and Sissoko and we can bounce back and kill them on the counter attacks.

We were 2-1 up, until we couldn't catch them on the offside trap. We paid for that.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Molinaro was the biggest fucking culprit. He contributed nothing offensively or defensively and his inability to man-mark directly lead to 2 goals.
that is not true !

he did once take the ball away from their winger on our left side, when the whole defense was sleeping again on the counter and he had 2 or 3 really nice runs where he bulldozed his way on the left and did finally get a good pass to a teammate (who than ruined all, but thats not molinaros guilt). further he had 2 crosses that met the target (amauri i think) ... that is pretty good for molinaros standards ...

i really thought it was legro that did make the offside trap fail on the second goal ... was it really molinaro ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, fuck. Here come the Ranieri haters. Forgeting that he brought Juve in 1/8 finals of the CL and bringing juve 2nd place in Seria A with half (even more) of the squad injured.
No, Ranieri didn't take Juve to the 1/8 finals and to the 2nd spot. Yes, as a coach he contributed but he didn't do it alone.
Just like he didn't lose the last two matches alone.

The coach is always the scapegoat. It happens everywhere,everytime and in every team when the team isn't doing well. That's why there is no reason to feel insulted by the attacks on Ranieri.

The truth is though that this year in Juventus the coach and the players are equally responsible for the wins and the defeats.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
In the first half Molinaro was by far our best defender, both offensively and defensively. I don't know about the second half, but in the first half he was the best of the back 4 while Chiellini was the worst.
IMO, he was our best player in both halves. In the 2nd half he was the only player giving his everything. Running for every single ball, left and right, he even managed to dribble past our opponents defense several times and had decent crosses.

Even defensively he was great unlike the others.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh, fuck. Here come the Ranieri haters. Forgeting that he brought Juve in 1/8 finals of the CL and bringing juve 2nd place in Seria A with half (even more) of the squad injured. WTF do you all expect???? Teams like Barca and Man U and Liverpool and etc are spending milions of euros on players while we want to succeed in wining everything without a euro spent. Changes are needed badly but for as long as Juve is acting like a cheap bastard there will be many moments like this. And as for Ranieri; why do you guys are flying so high?? Because Ranieri with his excellent managment made you feel that way. He made a wining team from a team that was in Seria B just 3 years ago, from a team that lost half of its finest players and lost God knows how much millions of euros.

Today, the players were shitty not the manager.
We lost to Udinese who was on a LOSING STREAK and lost to Cagliari. This is the second "crisis" to hit us in one season. I am not saying its all his fault considering the injuries, but the team is clearly fucked up mentally. Who is to blame for that? We certainly aren't winning right now and to win titles my friend you need to beat the small teams, something Inter has done the last two season but when its time for Juve to step up to the plate, we are choking...I personally think its a mental thing. maybe the pressure is too much for some of our players (not all), but our fabulous injury list does not do us (or the coach) any favors.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
that is not true !

he did once take the ball away from their winger on our left side, when the whole defense was sleeping again on the counter and he had 2 or 3 really nice runs where he bulldozed his way on the left and did finally get a good pass to a teammate (who than ruined all, but thats not molinaros guilt). further he had 2 crosses that met the target (amauri i think) ... that is pretty good for molinaros standards ...

i really thought it was legro that did make the offside trap fail on the second goal ... was it really molinaro ?
but when it came down to the goals, he can easily take the most blame for being out of position.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
this could be the case or the defense is now more used to mannigers style of play (whatever that is). i don't know if manniger does sort the defensive players in another way than giggi, but for a world class keeper i think he should have made one of his miracle saves at one of the last 5 goals we conceded.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
No, Ranieri didn't take Juve to the 1/8 finals and to the 2nd spot. Yes, as a coach he contributed but he didn't do it alone.
Just like he didn't lose the last two matches alone.

The coach is always the scapegoat. It happens everywhere,everytime and in every team when the team isn't doing well. That's why there is no reason to feel insulted by the attacks on Ranieri.

The truth is though that this year in Juventus the coach and the players are equally responsible for the wins and the defeats.
Well Alen, my point was not to make Ranieri the reason for our succesess but it was to show that he is not the reason for all the unsuccesess.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Its his job as a LB to move into the centre and cover to un-marked players as the man with the ball is obviously going to suck in 1 or 2 defenders. Everyone was marking someone except Molinaro. He had his thumb up his ass for both goals.
well for their winner he was actually trying to attack like he should be, until momo foolishly gave away the ball, you cant blame him for not getting back as he was sprinting his ass off to get there, even usain bolt wouldnt have got back, and there was nothing wrong with his origional position as he was waiting for momo to play a sensible ball

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab, zanetti has been shit recently compared to claudio so don't start laying the blame on him.
Mate, I'm not blaming anyone. None of Marchisio or Sissoko are to be blamed for this loss. Everyone takes part of this loss. Even Zanetti, Del Piero, Buffon etc.

What I was trying to say is that, it's almost impossible to control your midfield when you have both Sissoko and Marchisio playing there. They're very similar, both perfect defensively and both can interrupt any offense we face. But that's NOT enough I'm afraid.

Someone like Zanetti on the field, will help Del Piero a lot, this way we don't see Ale going back for every single ball so he can create space and offer some abilities but save it for his offense. Zanetti knows when to control the game, when to pass when not, when to cool it down, when to cross etc.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Mate, I'm not blaming anyone. None of Marchisio or Sissoko are to be blamed for this loss. Everyone takes part of this loss. Even Zanetti, Del Piero, Buffon etc.

What I was trying to say is that, it's almost impossible to control your midfield when you have both Sissoko and Marchisio playing there. They're very similar, both perfect defensively and both can interrupt any offense we face. But that's NOT enough I'm afraid.

Someone like Zanetti on the field, will help Del Piero a lot, this way we don't see Ale going back for every single ball so he can create space and offer some abilities but save it for his offense. Zanetti knows when to control the game, when to pass when not, when to cool it down, when to cross etc.
Well then we should have bought someone who could replace Zanetti. If that someone is Poulsen, then why wasnt he playing today.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
but when it came down to the goals, he can easily take the most blame for being out of position.
I am sorry that is crazy. When the team was literally throwing themselves forward Molinaro was pouring his heart out up and down the left side trying to do anything he can to help out up front and I am sure his legs were burning still tried to get back while the other 2-3 defenders stayed back. Marchionni was at fault for the first goal, blame him because that changed the entire game. Completely horrid marking....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)