Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Atalanta [May 17th, 2009] 15:00 CET (7 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Del Piero hasn't performed as well in the last months as in the first part of the season, he hasn't been extremely poor, but he just have been in the level of our last performances and in order to change something i wouldn't mind having him on bench. But there are no excuses for not using Giovinco in the period were our team has set the record of last 20 years, our attacking players bar Iaquinta hasn't done well in the last months and to not use Giovinco for so many games in a row is madness from Ranieri.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero hasn't performed as well in the last months as in the first part of the season, he hasn't been extremely poor, but he just have been in the level of our last performances and in order to change something i wouldn't mind having him on bench. But there are no excuses for not using Giovinco in the period were our team has set the record of last 20 years, our attacking players bar Iaquinta hasn't done well in the last months and to not use Giovinco for so many games in a row is madness from Ranieri.

Let me explain this for the last time...

There's nothing as Del Piero hasn't performed, specially this year.... you know why? because the man hasn't received services since couple of years now. Everything he has done last year or even this year he has done it alone. Almost alone.

No services, no passes, no vision nothing is around him but Molinaro and Grygera on the flanks while Marchisio and Sissoko defending with Nedved and Marchionni doing defensive jobs more than offensive.

Enough with the Del Piero has been poor, enough with the Del Piero hasn't performed, enough with bla blabling about the player just because we want to post.

The man is already in his mid 30's and everything he's doing he's doing on the field he's doing it on his own, whether we like it or not.

The one to be blamed more is Ranieri of course for not having the balls to be creative when you have the likes of Ale and Giovinco. Why not play them together? Why not give Ale a decent creative player next to him? why he has to create his OWN chances?

Anyway..

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #165
    Let me explain this for the last time...

There's nothing as Del Piero hasn't performed, specially this year.... you know why? because the man hasn't received services since couple of years now. Everything he has done last year or even this year he has done it alone. Almost alone.

No services, no passes, no vision nothing is around him but Molinaro and Grygera on the flanks while Marchisio and Sissoko defending with Nedved and Marchionni doing defensive jobs more than offensive.

Enough with the Del Piero has been poor, enough with the Del Piero hasn't performed, enough with bla blabling about the player just because we want to post.

The man is already in his mid 30's and everything he's doing he's doing on the field he's doing it on his own, whether we like it or not.

The one to be blamed more is Ranieri of course for not having the balls to be creative when you have the likes of Ale and Giovinco. Why not play them together? Why not give Ale a decent creative player next to him? why he has to create his OWN chances?

Anyway..
    I agree with this.
    Just think of last year and the great passes Zanetti used to make. This year Del Piero got nothing of the kind, no service for him. Apart from those two great through balls he got from Brazzo against Bologna, i can't think of more similar assists for him. The guy is forced to do everything by himself.
    When you think about it, it's almost a miracle how the guy scored 19 goals this season.
    He works like a horse, takes the ball from midfield because he can see that the midfielders can't do shit alone, he's fouled a lot far from the goal, when there is no danger for PK or FK close to the goal. Many times he's forced to do the work of 2-3 players (and he's 34 may i add).

Some may say Camoranesi could help, but Camo makes different kind of assists because tall players benefit from Camo's crosses, not players like Del Piero.
    What Del Piero needs is another player who can play football on the ground and this year we didn't have such player in CM, in attack and even on the wings because Ranieri didn't play Giovinco enough.

I checked all 19 goals he scored this season.
    - 5 from penalty kick. He won 4 of these PKs alone and only 1 was won by Giovinco
    - 6 from free kick. He won 3 of these free kicks alone
    - 3 from shots outside the box.
    - 2 scored by using his magic. The coppa goals against Lazio and Catania
    - Only 3 came after assists. Marchionni assisted him against Atalanta (cross from the right, when Marco was offside) and the 2 assists Brazzo made against Bologna.

And the guy is also our leading assistman.

It's a crime that this man isn't getting any help from the others because he will be 3 times as effective with 2 more players who know how to play football.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    and still, Del Piero has received the same service Iaquinta has in the last weeks, and it's not like we should field Del Piero in every game and excuse him if he has a poor game because he is in his mid30ties or doesn't have the speed or power of Iaq. so i don't see anything wrong in benching him if his extra-work in midfield bring us less result than two big men upfront or Giovinco with one of them may bring. i agree that he has been forced to play deep this season, but that still is no excuse if he hadn't been able to make the right choices near the penalty box in the last months. so if we struggle with DP upfront what's wrong with benching him? It kinda worked against Milan. The argument, that he is leading assistman and scorer doesn't help much if he has struggled as bad as our team in last months.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Del Piero won't start again, This is fucking hilarious our most creative player and he dosen't start him hahahahha. Fuck you Ranieri.

May 22, 2007
    1 Buffon
    4 Mellberg
    5 Zebina
    6 Zanetti
    8 Amauri
    9 Iaquinta
    10 Del Piero
    11 Nedved
    12 Chimenti
    13 Manninger
    16 Camoranesi
    17 Trezeguet
    18 Poulsen
    20 Giovinco
    21 Grygera
    29 De Ceglie
    30 Tiago
    32 Marchionni
    33 Legrottaglie
    41 Ariaudo

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    1 Buffon
    4 Mellberg
    5 Zebina
    6 Zanetti
    8 Amauri
    9 Iaquinta
    10 Del Piero
    11 Nedved
    12 Chimenti
    13 Manninger
    16 Camoranesi
    17 Trezeguet
    18 Poulsen
    20 Giovinco
    21 Grygera
    29 De Ceglie
    30 Tiago
    32 Marchionni
    33 Legrottaglie
    41 Ariaudo
    great so gio joins chimenti in the stands? cuz given our defensive situation at the minute i'm guessing both ariaudo & zebina/grygera will be on the bench

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    and still, Del Piero has received the same service Iaquinta has in the last weeks, and it's not like we should field Del Piero in every game and excuse him if he has a poor game because he is in his mid30ties or doesn't have the speed or power of Iaq. so i don't see anything wrong in benching him if his extra-work in midfield bring us less result than two big men upfront or Giovinco with one of them may bring. i agree that he has been forced to play deep this season, but that still is no excuse if he hadn't been able to make the right choices near the penalty box in the last months. so if we struggle with DP upfront what's wrong with benching him? It kinda worked against Milan. The argument, that he is leading assistman and scorer doesn't help much if he has struggled as bad as our team in last months.
    Tell me who has consistently performed this year? Almost nobody, because our whole team is playing bad.

And why Trez doesnt get a chance is it because he isnt performing too or maybe there is slight possibility that Ranieri have fallen out with Alex and Trez.

And a think Del Piero would have scored if he had player from the start, not to play Alex in milan derby was a huge mistake, you cannot leave out such big players for such big matches, where they have consistently performed through out the years.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    DP has to learn only one thing nowadays, and that is to pass the ball - or not to try to dribble every time he's got the ball...
    With all respect to everyone and especially all those who consider me to be a good moderator but I have to reply to this post in a different mannter,

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Alen has provided the stats up there and still you hear someone asking Ale to pass the ball to perform to do this and that because he's got no excuse since he's playing with top players beside him starting from our flanks ending with Marchionni and Iaquinta.

Del Piero is our assists leader and still Amaurismo aka Lampard old username aka Ranieri fan thinks Ale should LEARN to pass the ball instead of dribbling.

:lol2: I loved the Learn word you said up there. What Del Piero knows anyway, the next thing we will hear he's not a top class player.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Alen has provided the stats up there and still you hear someone asking him to pass the ball. Del Piero is our assists leader and still Amaurismo aka Lampard old username aka Ranieri fan thinks Ale should LEARN to pass the ball instead of dribbling.

:lol2: I loved the Learn word you said up there. What Del Piero knows anyway, the next thing we will hear he's not a top class player.
    His Asian deck is up Ranieri's azz. Ignore him

Dec 26, 2004
    Alen has provided the stats up there and still you hear someone asking Ale to pass the ball to perform to do this and that because he's got no excuse since he's playing with top players beside him starting from our flanks ending with Marchionni and Iaquinta.

Del Piero is our assists leader and still Amaurismo aka Lampard old username aka Ranieri fan thinks Ale should LEARN to pass the ball instead of dribbling.

Amaurismo = Lampard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)