[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Udinese (28-Jan-2012) (7 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
:sergio: You know he was literally playing as a forward off of Matri, right?
so what is your point here ? that you can not be more visible / involved playing as (like you imply) second forward ?

even del piero falls back to the midway line to get some balls and do something productive with it?

my point is, the lack of good displays by marchisio lately may be due to complacency with his fixed first team role and no competition for a starting place...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
so what is your point here ? that you can not be more visible / involved playing as (like you imply) second forward ?

even del piero falls back to the midway line to get some balls and do something productive with it?

my point is, the lack of good displays by marchisio lately may be due to complacency with his fixed first team role and no competition for a starting place...
My point is that he was playing out of position, as a forward, at a time when we leading and looking to kill out the game. And yes, he did drop deep and try to get involved.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
you did not get my point, even though i formulated it in plain words.

if marchisio would have played better in his preferred position is debatable. his display today (regardless of position) does not give any hint of an improvement of form compared to his last mediocre performances... this is why i am looking forward for another centre midfielder to make competition tougher for him. this might work wonders for vidal too, even though i think he is more of an instinct footballer that would rather be too motivated and get booked even more, when he thinks he has to prove himself to retain a place in the starting eleven

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Marchisio, brought a certain spark that lead to the goal. Apart from that he was a body in the right spot in terms of formation. How well he did, i wouldnt rate it that high, he can do better, but at the same time there wasnt anything wrong with his performance as a whole.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We were tested more on the wings today than we were in the middle, to an extent vidal and pirlo didnt need to excel defensively infact neither did marchisio because we kept the ball rolling across the pitch and our first goal anyway did come from the wing. It was nothing more than a team performance, where certain individuals stood out, some looked average and even the poor (bonucci) wouldnt be slated heavily because at the end we won.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
you did not get my point, even though i formulated it in plain words.

if marchisio would have played better in his preferred position is debatable. his display today (regardless of position) does not give any hint of an improvement of form compared to his last mediocre performances... this is why i am looking forward for another centre midfielder to make competition tougher for him. this might work wonders for vidal too, even though i think he is more of an instinct footballer that would rather be too motivated and get booked even more, when he thinks he has to prove himself to retain a place in the starting eleven
My point is you cannot use today's performance to judge that. Pointless of you to bring it up.

And what, 1 1/2 average, 6/10 kinda games? Yeah, sure.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Andrea Barzagli

Errors : 0
Cards : 1 yellow card
Game Time : every minute
He couldve done better by protecting the far post, instead of going to play by the rules. Its "against" the rules, but it takes a lot more quality to read the game in that kind of situations. Canna would have blocked it, and Buff wouldve saved it at the near post.And he ran to close to the middle, leaving FF too much space and time. Rather than that, hes been very solid.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
My point is you cannot use today's performance to judge that. Pointless of you to bring it up.
and i did with no word say that my judgement of this complacency is based on this game. simple as that.

if it is a recurring trend that i think a player is not involved enough, i can not bring it up, because my observation is not based solely on this one game, right ?

i wonder what goes on in your head, for real. everytime somebody says something slightly negative about a player the fanboys gotta come to the rescue and act as if they had to defend that player for the sake of it. it's impossible to have different opinions that do not comply with the opinion of fanboys with juve- or del-piero-goggles on

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
and i did with no word say that my judgement of this complacency is based on this game. simple as that.

if it is a recurring trend that i think a player is not involved enough, i can not bring it up, because my observation is not based solely on this one game, right ?

i wonder what goes on in your head, for real. everytime somebody says something slightly negative about a player the fanboys gotta come to the rescue and act as if they had to defend that player for the sake of it. it's impossible to have different opinions that do not comply with the opinion of fanboys with juve- or del-piero-goggles on
Stop... man, just stop.

You don't realize how much ridiculous you're being with all that Marchisio talk, do you?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
even though you guys think marchisio had nice touches and stuff he did not really impose himself onto the game in any way... caspar the ghost all over again. i beginn to think that it's probably the result of having no competition for the central midfield starting spot, so even if i thought it would be better to get that cagliari nainggolan next summer, a move right now would at least ignite a little fire in the midfield
:lol: So why did you mention it? It's irrelevant.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good performance overall.

Slightly sluggish start and an absolutely terrible five minute period in the second half, though.

That's the first time I've thought Juve have really looked comfortable with the 3-5-2.

Couldn't really fault the back three, though I still feel that they don't clear set-pieces as convincingly as they ought to.

Pirlo was very good, without being spectacular. Thought Udinese made a big mistake in taking Abdi off marking Pirlo as he was doing a decent job of it early on.

Some good, sharp forward play from Matri.

Vidal would be the only player I'd say really had a poor game. Was extremely stupid of him to get caught out playing a square ball like that.

Juve then went and over-committed straight after conceding and Udinese could have scored again.

Fuck knows what Vidal and Juve were thinking in those few minutes, because Udinese can't hurt you unless provide them with an opportunity to attack with pace, so to gift them the opportunity twice in a few minutes was crazy.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
everytime somebody says something slightly negative about a player the fanboys gotta come to the rescue and act as if they had to defend that player for the sake of it. it's impossible to have different opinions that do not comply with the opinion of fanboys with juve- or del-piero-goggles on
Give the guy a rest, he comes in half-injured and delivers a sick assist. What more can you ask for?
Stop... man, just stop.

You don't realize how much ridiculous you're being with all that Marchisio talk, do you?
i really hope that it is only my bad english or my inability to write fool-proof english, that is responsible for you guys not getting the point.

otherwise it would be a bad testimony of todays education that somehow does not teach how to evaluate other persons thoughts and stupidly say "baaah, always that marchisio talk... stupid, meeeh, me don't like". it's like the names of your favourite footballers are triggers that put you in this really not open minded state that prevent you from even considering anything thats not viewed through heart-shaped juve-fan glasses

it is not about marchisio, but about the lack of competition for the three midfield spots, which results in mediocre performances (you could add vidal and pirlo as well) since those players know or think that they do not have to proof themselves to have the fixed starting spot in the first eleven. it is pretty evident that the performances and the willingness to show the coach how much they deserve to play there has decreased since the marchisio, vidal and pirlo did crystalize as contes preferred choice. the players know that marrone and pazienza are just way to inferior to them, so they do not need to do as well as they had at the beginning of the season to retain their starting spot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
it is not about marchisio, but about the lack of competition for the three midfield spots, which results in mediocre performances (you could add vidal and pirlo as well) since those players know or think that they do not have to proof themselves to have the fixed starting spot in the first eleven. it is pretty evident that the performances and the willingness to show the coach how much they deserve to play there has decreased since the marchisio, vidal and pirlo did crystalize as contes preferred choice. the players know that marrone and pazienza are just way to inferior to them, so they do not need to do as well as they had at the beginning of the season to retain their starting spot.
I'm not arguing against what you're saying here. I was pointing out that it was silly to criticise his game today.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I got the point, but why bash Marchisio in THIS particular game? Plus, your point is a bit false when Giaccherini is showing a superb form playing in Marchisio's place.

He was decisive tonight and you couldn't ask more from a player out of position and coming from an injury. I agree, his last two games were a bit off, but it doesn't give you reason to call him invisible in a game that he basically had a say in the final result and made our team (along with Pepe) a lot more solid for the final minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)