[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Udinese (28-Jan-2012) (9 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Goal.com's ratings :lol:
Please discuss!

Gianluigi Buffon1203
Produced two world-class saves to keep his side in the balance, and couldn’t have done anything to stop Flora Flores’ fine effort.

Giorgio Chiellini1046
Top work at the back as he centred the three defenders, and made sure Di Natale didn’t get a sniff. Left stranded with Flora Flores as the visitors equalised, although that was more of a communication problem than anything else.

Andrea Barzagli11428
Disposed Di Natale well just on the half hour mark, then regained possession shortly after with a clean slide tackle. Good overall performance.

Leonardo Bonucci6337
The 24-year-old did well to keep Udinese at bay, and was also an asset going forward in the first half, heading down into good areas.

Stephan Lichtsteiner1077
Decent performance by the Swiss international, who bossed the 3-5-2 formation put out by Conte.

Andrea Pirlo1116
Looked less comfortable on the ball than in other games, perhaps thanks to the extreme weather conditions, but still put in a shift for Juve, especially through his set-pieces.

Arturo Vidal Pardo10527
Good vision throughout the game. Movement off the ball was exceptional and proved the difference in a very tight encounter.

Emanuele Giaccherini7849
Could see his intention in his role behind the attack, but got booked and looked less cynical after the break.

Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia 7649
Looked good going forward, and had a decent effort saved in the first half. Replaced by Simone Pepe on the hour mark.

Fabio Quagliarella1295
Great distribution and provided some excellent crosses into dangerous areas. Subbed on the hour-mark.

Alessandro MatriTop of the Match1626
Opened the scoring just before half-time with a typical striker’s goal, poaching Handanovic’s parried save for the lead and deserved the second to conclude a well earned performance.

• Substitutions
Paolo De Ceglie748
Replaced Lichtsteiner with seven minutes to go.

Simone Pepe6617
Used the wings to his advantage, not much else apart from that.

Claudio Marchisio1173
Excellent touch put Matri through for the eventual winner. Nice cameo.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the rating for Barzagli was smoking dope -- someone was watching an old Palermo match and confused jerseys. And the Vidal and Licht ratings are too generous.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
How is Chiellini in that poll? I thought he was average at best, with even a few mistakes. But Vidal and Estigarribia were still the worst on our side.

Marchisio's impact, Barzagli's class, Gigi's quality, Pirlo's passing and Matri's instinct, though... :touched:

I'd like to let a word to Giaccherini too. Along with Pepe, a great fucking kick in the ass for me. Great surprises, these two, and I'm completely sold on them. Not like a fan, but I really like to have them in the team. I probably just like Giaccherini in the (central) midfield rather than on the wings, though. He's a bit Marchisio-esq in some aspects.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Goal.com's ratings :lol:
Please discuss!

Gianluigi Buffon1203
Produced two world-class saves to keep his side in the balance, and couldn’t have done anything to stop Flora Flores’ fine effort.

Giorgio Chiellini1046
Top work at the back as he centred the three defenders, and made sure Di Natale didn’t get a sniff. Left stranded with Flora Flores as the visitors equalised, although that was more of a communication problem than anything else.

Andrea Barzagli11428
Disposed Di Natale well just on the half hour mark, then regained possession shortly after with a clean slide tackle. Good overall performance.

Leonardo Bonucci6337
The 24-year-old did well to keep Udinese at bay, and was also an asset going forward in the first half, heading down into good areas.

Stephan Lichtsteiner1077
Decent performance by the Swiss international, who bossed the 3-5-2 formation put out by Conte.

Andrea Pirlo1116
Looked less comfortable on the ball than in other games, perhaps thanks to the extreme weather conditions, but still put in a shift for Juve, especially through his set-pieces.

Arturo Vidal Pardo10527
Good vision throughout the game. Movement off the ball was exceptional and proved the difference in a very tight encounter.

Emanuele Giaccherini7849
Could see his intention in his role behind the attack, but got booked and looked less cynical after the break.

Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia 7649
Looked good going forward, and had a decent effort saved in the first half. Replaced by Simone Pepe on the hour mark.

Fabio Quagliarella1295
Great distribution and provided some excellent crosses into dangerous areas. Subbed on the hour-mark.

Alessandro MatriTop of the Match1626
Opened the scoring just before half-time with a typical striker’s goal, poaching Handanovic’s parried save for the lead and deserved the second to conclude a well earned performance.

• Substitutions
Paolo De Ceglie748
Replaced Lichtsteiner with seven minutes to go.

Simone Pepe6617
Used the wings to his advantage, not much else apart from that.

Claudio Marchisio1173
Excellent touch put Matri through for the eventual winner. Nice cameo.
well barzagli definetly deserves more than that
lischt and vidal had a bad match they are tired
bonucci deserves the 6 but it was also needed to say his big error on the 90'
giac deserves at least a 6
and pirlo was also very good today

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Oh, and very good performance overall except for those five minutes or so when Udinese constantly raped our team with counters. Thus, why I said Estigarribia was one of the worst. Almost all their attacks in that period came from his (and Chiellini's) side. Plus, he fucked up sometimes when he had the ball too. Nice cross(ing), nonetheless.

I felt so much safe when Pepe took his place.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Did Licht pick up a groin injury? Saw him clutching his groin just before being substituted. Awesome reaction to their equaliser.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I too worry about this ref bias its starting to be a bit transparent
you can see it from two sides, actually.

i noticed a certain barca-syndrome in some of our players bitching around when getting slightly touched or dispossessed instead of getting up and fighting for it... it is really annoying and referees surely don't like that either. it's probably like with krasics dive... if you go down to easily the first time, the ref will think you're exaggerating again, the next time you're fouled...

it's not all players, a few at least... the only one i can remember by name now is quagliarella...

even though you guys think marchisio had nice touches and stuff he did not really impose himself onto the game in any way... caspar the ghost all over again. i beginn to think that it's probably the result of having no competition for the central midfield starting spot, so even if i thought it would be better to get that cagliari nainggolan next summer, a move right now would at least ignite a little fire in the midfield

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
even though you guys think marchisio had nice touches and stuff he did not really impose himself onto the game in any way... caspar the ghost all over again. i beginn to think that it's probably the result of having no competition for the central midfield starting spot, so even if i thought it would be better to get that cagliari nainggolan next summer, a move right now would at least ignite a little fire in the midfield
:sergio: You know he was literally playing as a forward off of Matri, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)