[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Udinese (28-Jan-2012) (4 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
a deserved victory imo, maybe i has lower expectation than most of you, but i was very pleased with what i saw, both tactically and morally.
We seem to have what it takes to win the championship.
The 2 things that are worrying me the most is ref bias and Bonucci, these 2 issues have recurring appearances and most of the times are not enough to take away our well fought worthy points from our grasp.
But occasionally it happens and as long as Milan is winning penalty after penalty, it may count in the end...
I understand your criticisms at times. Whilst most mock, in this case you have given credit where its due and that shouldnt be understated for once. Well said.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
a deserved victory imo, maybe i has lower expectation than most of you, but i was very pleased with what i saw, both tactically and morally.
The 2 things that are worrying me the most is ref bias and Bonucci, these 2 issues have recurring appearances and most of the times are not enough to take away our well fought worthy points from our grasp.
But occasionally it happens and as long as Milan is winning penalty after penalty, it may count in the end...
Bonucci is gonna be a non issue once martin starts playing. I too worry about this ref bias its starting to be a bit transparent

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
MOM - tough one between barzagli and matri. Matri made the biggest difference but throughout the game you cant help but feel and shout make some runs, make them midfielders put some balls through! Whilst Barzagli was consistently a beast throughout the game. They should share the accolade.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Weird how both clubs didn't treat it as monumentally of a match as this should have been.

Juve dominated in just about every department save for finishing. Fortunately Matri got his magic when we needed it -- and after Vidal made a silly give-away. Subs were timely and majorly impactful -- particularly Marchisio. Who, IMO, I think had more good touches on the ball than anyone who played the full 90'. Save only for maybe Barzagli, who was vicious.

Buffon - 7 - Good positioning and saves. Not tested for long periods, especially in the second half.

Lichtsteiner - 6 - Not one of his better outings.

Bonucci - 6 - Mistakes were made, as they always are with Bonucci. But fortunately nothing fatal.

Barzagli - 7.5 - Mr. Steady was Mr. Destroyer.

Chiellini - 6.5 - Mostly solid.

Estigarribia - 6 - Ran around a lot and created movement, but rarely was it lead constructively. Squandered chances and hesitated to make useful crosses where there were opportunities. But he made a few accurate ones, including the one that lead to the first goal.

Vidal - 6 - A mixed bag. Some nice play here and there but some really awful, Melo-like mistakes. A weak outing for his standards.

Pirlo - 6.5 - Strong at possession and a number of smart passes. No finishing like everyone else.

Giaccherini - 7 - Great movement and possession. Probably our most impactful player besides Matri's goals.

Quagliarella - 6.5 - Finishing sucked for all but the nice header that lead to the first goal. Some good heads-up passing and play in open spaces to create.

Matri - 6.5 - Controversial match. He was incredibly wasteful and inaccurate for most of the match. Then a tap-in gift. Then a brilliant finish off a Marchisio assist for the winner. MoM.

Subs:

Marchisio - 7 - He was awesome today. Great touch on the winning goal, and I thought he did exceptionally well with his limited touches today.

Pepe - 6 - No big mistakes, no huge impact. But the team improved with his arrival on the pitch.

De Ceglie - NR - Too late for impact.

Coach:

Conte - 7 - Risky starting 11, but they seemed to get everything right but the finish. Stuck with Matri and it paid off. Made subs earlier than the 85th minute and they had a major impact. Could have let this one slip, but in the end the team didn't. And extra credit for the cool touque.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was happy with most of the team. Only the errors by Vidal and Bonucci were of real note, which is not too bad considering the playing conditions. Udinese make the most of slack passes as they are a pure breaking machine. Udinese made many more errors yet our play has a more gradual build up and they weren't really highlighted.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Shame on you swag, you gave barzagli and several others a higher rating than Matri to give Matri the MOM :p Though I know where your coming from.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
the battle is with ourself and the direct match with milan, inter and napoli..there are 9 points there.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Shame on you swag, you gave barzagli and several others a higher rating than Matri to give Matri the MOM :p Though I know where your coming from.
Barzagli clearly had the better match, but Matri was the biggest difference-maker in the scoreline. So yeah -- unusual. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)