[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 Inter, beyotches! (Se saltelli, muore Balotelli) Dec 5th, 2009 (65 Viewers)

Juve-Inter [Match 15] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Cáceres

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Diego

• Del Piero

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• Grygera

• Ferrara

• The Whole Team

• The Wet Pitch

• Se saltelli, muore Balotelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think Juve played a great game today, but it was enough to beat Inter. I thought the midfield battled really hard and didn't give Inter much time on the ball. Sissoko won a lot of balls in midfield and covered a lot of ground, he showed how important he is in games like these. Melo fought hard as well, it was an interesting battle between him and Stank. Marchisio was brilliant today, he played the box to box midfielder role very well, attacked well and hassled in midfield, his goal was very well taken, i have always maintaned that barring De Rossi, there is no other midfielder in Italy that is better than him. Would be a crime if he didn't start for Italy in the coming WC.

I thought Diego was just above average today, he played in a few good crosses, made a few dribbles here and there, but overall his influence on the game as a playmaker should be more. I think more was expected of him. Amauri battled strongly against Inters defense, he held the ball up well and used the flanks too on occasion. DP was poor imo, didn't add much to the team, though that was to be expected after a long period out.

In defense Caceres was fantastic, he completely shut that flank down and didn't give Chivu and Muntari any chance, easily a better fullback than Grygera, he should keep starting as rightback, it looks like he's growing into the role. Even offensively he was quite good, his curving crosses gave Inter's CB's something to think about.

Chiellini was extremely solid too.

This result makes the league interesting again. Inter travel to Bergamo next weekend a game they very well may lose points in. This game should give Juve the momentum to go on a winning streak and make the league interesting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Oh and btw, i thought the ref was a bit poor today as he wasn't really in control of the game, plus he gave too many unnecessary fouls.

But, the Caceres - Milito incident was definitely not a penalty. Milito actually stepped on Caceres foot if you look closely you will notice.

Melo deserved a second yellow. The red was fair imo. Despite Balotelli's theatrics and despite the fact that he really needs someone to punch him in the face, truth be said the intent was there from Melo, therefore he deserved a second yellow.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Oh and btw, i thought the ref was a bit poor today as he wasn't really in control of the game, plus he gave too many unnecessary fouls.

But, the Caceres - Milito incident was definitely not a penalty. Milito actually stepped on Caceres foot if you look closely you will notice.

Melo deserved a second yellow. The red was fair imo. Despite Balotelli's theatrics and despite the fact that he really needs someone to punch him in the face, truth be said the intent was there from Melo, therefore he deserved a second yellow.
I dont disagree with Melo 2nd yellow. But Balo made the most of it. Aka Rivaldo antics in 2002 WC. The ball/elbow didnt make contact with his face.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
In defense Caceres was fantastic, he completely shut that flank down and didn't give Chivu and Muntari any chance
His marking against Balotelli was brilliant. Was a frustrating case for Balotelli and made him switch to the Right Flank.

If he keep this up, we'll only focus on reinforcing the CB and LB positions.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I dont disagree with Melo 2nd yellow. But Balo made the most of it. Aka Rivaldo antics in 2002 WC. The ball/elbow didnt make contact with his face.
Yes, that was some disgusting stuff by Balotelli. He definitely made a meal out of it, and of course the elbow did not make contact.

But you cannot throw your elbow like that and not expect to be booked, the intent was there from Melo and whether he caught Balo or not is irrelevant.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Balo deserves a ban for theatrics. The elbow never made contact with his face.
I think he got a yellow and I doubt he'll be banned at all. Although i'd punish the motherfucker and hand him a 1 match ban. But I fear that in that case Melo might get a 2 match ban, so i'd rather they don't ban Balotelli and give 1 match ban to Melo.
There was no contact for sure, but the malicious attempt by Melo to hurt Balotelli deserved a direct red, not only a second yellow.

Btw, Inter fans complain that the decisive decision by the ref went against Inter. Apparently Del Piero dived to get the free kick from which we scored our first goal :howler:
Maybe they should start another calciopoli. Del Piero "diving" 40 meters from Inter's goal was the reason why Inter lost tonight. :lol:

Losers will always be losers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)