[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 ASL Napoli [April 7th, 2021] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
i might be wrong, gonna check it to make sure

anyway, good win. didn't see much of the 2nd half (way playing with my son in an other room, just got up to see dybala's goal when my phone sent the notification), but the 1st half was one of the best in a while.
This is from a goal.com article (yes, I knew) a couple of years ago

The deciding tie-breakers in Serie A are as follows:
Head-to-head points
Head-to-head goal difference
Goal difference
Higher number of goals scored
Playoff at neutral venue if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw.

No mention of away goals specifically in H2H scenarios. I think the H2H away goal ruling is in place in the CL and Bundesliga.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know H2H matters but I don’t think it matters that Napoli scored an away goal against us. So our H2H record is actually equal (1:0 loss and 2:1 win)
Oh I see yea if H2H record is equal (1 win, 1 loss) then next is H2H goal difference then overall goal difference. As far as away goals go? No idea if that is factored in.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Asshole referee .

We should have had three or four goals before we went to deep sleep. Great for us that Dybala played and scored.

So silly to switch and concede but we have seen that so many times that we are used to it now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know that Italian referees will always be hesitant to give calls in our favor. Just inevitable after calciopoli and the culture there.

Do you guys think its been worse than usual this season or is just more aggravating since we aren't first?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I know that Italian referees will always be hesitant to give calls in our favor. Just inevitable after calciopoli and the culture there.

Do you guys think its been worse than usual this season or is just more aggravating since we aren't first?
It probably seems worse because we are so poor and the decisions have been the difference between 3pts or not. Whereas in previous years we would pick up the win regardless and we'd forget about the bad decision.

We have had a few howlers this year though.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I think he's done at this level. He's not even functional enough for 4th choice.
and you got to this dumb conclusion because of a penalty where he unitentionally/clumsily slapped a dude without actually seeing him behind and another questionable one that barelly had any real contact in it other than Chiellini chasing/lunging towards the oponent and the ball?...

Because everything good he done during this same games aswell as others this season where he was flawless is totally irrelevant to your narrative right. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

idk what type of bs is this, i know it's in the heat of the moment but we still won today so your overreaction is totally uncalled for.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
and you got to this dumb conclusion because of a penalty where he unitentionally/clumsily slapped a dude without actually seeing him behind and another questionable one that barelly had any real contact in it other than Chiellini chasing/lunging towards the oponent and the ball?...

Because everything good he done during this same games aswell as others this season where he was flawless is totally irrelevant to your narrative right. :baus:
Its just my opinion, between the injuries, age and mistakes in several games this season, I wouldn't renew his contract end of season

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Its just my opinion, between the injuries, age and mistakes in several games this season, I wouldn't renew his contract end of season
No doubt that age has caught up and he is not as reliable or as athletic as he once used to be but certainly not even nearly close to how you described him in the initial post that i quoted.

About the renewal i guess will remain to be seen, probably will depend on how he will manage himself by the end of the season, imo for me there's no doubt and i still think we very much need him around, even if just as a backup, can surely be counted on and on his day is still one of the best CB's around.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
No doubt that age has caught up and he is not as reliable or as athletic as he once used to be but certainly not even nearly close to how you described him in the initial post that i quoted.

About the renewal i guess will remain to be seen, probably will depend on how he will manage himself by the end of the season, imo for me there's no doubt and i still think we very much need him around, even if just as a backup, can surely be counted on and on his day is still one of the best CB's around.
Agreed - yes he made a clumsy error and gave a pen away today but I can say that about all of our other defenders in a number of games.

Chiellini has had some absolutely beastly games this year for us. As a back up he needs to be kept around and he will likely gladly cut his salary. Who else are people expecting we replace him with - Rugani???

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Why do we always switch off??? We had the game in our hands and decide to switch off... you hardly see that with other top teams.

Still a good win and a really good first half.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

refs in general have been really bad in serie a. epl just as bad.

var needs adjustments and some rules need to be more clear instead of leaving it to the individual refs to decide

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Asshole referee .

We should have had three or four goals before we went to deep sleep. Great for us that Dybala played and scored.

So silly to switch and concede but we have seen that so many times that we are used to it now.
fuck napoli. we missing so many players and still fucked them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, Lion. Please, tell me.

Break it down for me.

If you have a moment.

Where are the good refs?
good refs. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)