[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Sampdoria [July 26th, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well damn Ronnie missing so many goals...
If he scored that penalty 34 immobile 34 Lewandosky 32 Ronaldo he could've battled for golden foot
Lazio are playing relegated Brescia in Rome in the next round. They will all play exclusively for Immobile. Having this in mind, and having in mind that we will be resting a lot of players for Lyon, I don't think that Ronaldo stood a chance in this race. Immobile's hat-trick today settled it.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Great to win another scudetto, this dominance may not last forever so savour it.

In regards to the game, if Samp were a bit more clinical we would’ve pissed this 2 goal lead away too. The players look spent and the obvious thing to do would be to maximise this 12 day rest before Lyon, but we all know half the first team will be forced in to playing at the very least.

Also, we’ve never been a club for caring about individual accolades. I couldn’t give a shit about top scorer awards and I hope we don’t start caring about them now.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juve worst defence to win title in 60 years

Football Italia

It’s a tradition that the best defence wins the title in Italy, but Juventus become the first side since 1960-61 to take the Scudetto when conceding 38 goals.
There are still two rounds to go, so their tally could get even worse.
Juve let in 38 goals in 36 rounds, more than any other Scudetto-winner since 1960-61.

That too was Juventus, under coach Carlo Parola.
Since the nine-title running streak began in 2011-12, the most they conceded was 30 in 2018-19, letting in 20 in 2011-12 and 2015-16.
Juventus have kept 12 clean sheets in 36 rounds. The fewest during the Scudetto run since 2011-12 had been 16, while the most was 24 in 2012-13 and 2013-14.
The Bianconeri have also been fairly prolific, scoring 75 goals and amassing 83 points so far.
They won 26 games, drew five and lost only five.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juve worst defence to win title in 60 years

Football Italia

It’s a tradition that the best defence wins the title in Italy, but Juventus become the first side since 1960-61 to take the Scudetto when conceding 38 goals.
There are still two rounds to go, so their tally could get even worse.
Juve let in 38 goals in 36 rounds, more than any other Scudetto-winner since 1960-61.

That too was Juventus, under coach Carlo Parola.
Since the nine-title running streak began in 2011-12, the most they conceded was 30 in 2018-19, letting in 20 in 2011-12 and 2015-16.
Juventus have kept 12 clean sheets in 36 rounds. The fewest during the Scudetto run since 2011-12 had been 16, while the most was 24 in 2012-13 and 2013-14.
The Bianconeri have also been fairly prolific, scoring 75 goals and amassing 83 points so far.
They won 26 games, drew five and lost only five.
Meh. Lockdown and new handball rule is a big factor in this. Quite a few records will go this season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Meh. Lockdown and new handball rule is a big factor in this. Quite a few records will go this season.
we had the worst juve defense since the delneri days even before lockdown unfortunately. that's a huge warning sign, it needs to be addressed.

i was happy for today's clean sheet. above all, tek deserves credit for it, he had some great saves. easily a top 5 player for us this season, along with cr, dybala, de ligt and bentancur. honorable mention: post-lockdown rabiot

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is true.
If we ignore the lockdown and consider only those 26 rounds before the restart, we'll see that we conceded 24 goals, which is more than the worst we did under Conte and Allegri (that's 19 goals in 2013/14). But if we consider those 4 handball penalties we conceded until the lockdown (against Inter, Lecce, Roma and Verona) which were never going to be called before the handball rule, we'd have been at 20 conceded goals, which is still worse than anything under Conte and Allegri, but very close to their records.
This year's defending was worse than the one under our previous two coaches, but not as much as the lockdown and the handball rule make it look.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Defense was poor but we were implementing a young MDL, chiellini and demiral got injured as well. New manager, chaotic year, and it is safe to say that many teams in serie A improved this season in comparison to previous seasons. Yes we need to improve the midfield and team overall but I think we need to acknowledge this season wasnt the easiest for the above reasons.

I'm happy we have won 9 straight!

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This is true.
If we ignore the lockdown and consider only those 26 rounds before the restart, we'll see that we conceded 24 goals, which is more than the worst we did under Conte and Allegri (that's 19 goals in 2013/14). But if we consider those 4 handball penalties we conceded until the lockdown (against Inter, Lecce, Roma and Verona) which were never going to be called before the handball rule, we'd have been at 20 conceded goals, which is still worse than anything under Conte and Allegri, but very close to their records.
This year's defending was worse than the one under our previous two coaches, but not as much as the lockdown and the handball rule make it look.
I blame injuries for that and the backup cd not capable to step up and deliver

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is true.
And when you consider playing a lot of the season without Chiellini, then without Demiral, and with Bonucci leading the defence, it's a surprise we didn't concede 50 goals.

I'll say it again, Conte and Allegri had it far better in defence.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
And when you consider playing a lot of the season without Chiellini, then without Demiral, and with Bonucci leading the defence, it's a surprise we didn't concede 50 goals.

I'll say it again, Conte and Allegri had it far better in defence.
Whilst there have been obvious deficiencies in our back line this season, the tactics and lack of protection in the middle of the park have allowed passes into the opposition front men far too easily and games have been stretched far more than I recall over the past decade. (Conte and Allegri were more intelligent in their approach in this regard - but also had better midfield players available).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Whilst there have been obvious deficiencies in our back line this season, the tactics and lack of protection in the middle of the park have allowed passes into the opposition front men far too easily and games have been stretched far more than I recall over the past decade. (Conte and Allegri were more intelligent in their approach in this regard - but also had better midfield players available).
We played a lot higher line and so more risks than we did in all but a few runs under Allegri. The midfield is part of the problem with this but mainly in what we can do at the other end, because when I see a Sarri team I don't expect defence to be the highest priority, it is what the attack phase and midfield press does. He'll concede 30 or so goals but score 75-80, that is his idea of football.

There's also something to be said about the phrase 'best form of defence is attack', we've seen it from several leading teams in recent times, but our issue is that the attack has often been slow, predictable and disjointed, so teams are not pinned right back under pressure with less chances to counter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We played a lot higher line and so more risks than we did in all but a few runs under Allegri. The midfield is part of the problem with this but mainly in what we can do at the other end, because when I see a Sarri team I don't expect defence to be the highest priority, it is what the attack phase and midfield press does. He'll concede 30 or so goals but score 75-80, that is his idea of football.

There's also something to be said about the phrase 'best form of defence is attack', we've seen it from several leading teams in recent times, but our issue is that the attack has often been slow, predictable and disjointed, so teams are not pinned right back under pressure with less chances to counter.
I see that Sarri has the idea to attack,but the personnel in midfield and wings doesnt provide what he asks. then the problem is that his natural way of going is to attack, and he doesnt like to set the team up defensively (which was the bread and buter of allegri, park the bus), so we get the worst of both worlds: a team whic is set up to attack but with shitty attackers (not including CR and Dybala)....so we end up exposed defensively and not creating much.

That being said, i appreciated his willingness to set the team to attack, thats the direction we should continue aspiring and i hope that Paratici fix the mess he did and provide the coach with proper players. Next year, we can finally judge Sarri if Paratici succeded in giving him the players needed for his offensive game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)