[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno (April 7th 2014) (11 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 20, 2012
I'm one of those who would really want to win the EL (even if to think that it's more important than the Scudetto is crazy under many points of view), but this looks really logical to me. We lost points in Naples last week, and it was one of the only 5 times we've lost points so far in Serie A this time. We need a strong comeback to win the league in style, especially with Roma pressing hard behind and that talks about a comeback in the league.

If we look at the EL, we've won in Lyon, against a pretty poor team I must say, and the return leg in Turin should be nothing but a red carpet even for a not shiny Juve. I'll tell you before, Thursday will play the Islas, Giovincos, Pelusos (if he recovered) and might be a good chance for the anti-Conte army to blame at him even if he played a pretty full team in the last 2 important EL matches in Lyon and Florence, won without conceding and with great cynism and winning mentality shown although the tireness.

And I repeat, someone misunderstands the EL for the Champions League. It's Europa League. We're in this competition for a massive casuality, it's not like this is our actual level as a team, even is someone likes to think so. I'll tell you, probably if it didn't have the final in our stadium our team wouldn't even care to this and do what City and United did in 2012 (probably someone doesn't even remember they were in EL), play the full reserve team and crash out. We didn't and you should be grateful to Conte for that.
We are doing good in El for one reason, our squad is superior to the squads we have faced.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Sport Mediaset:

Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; LIchtsteiner , Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente

On Sub. Bench: Storari, Rubinho, Isla, Peluso, Ogbonna, Padoin, Osvaldo, Vucinic, Tevez, Quagliarella

Gazzetta:

Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; LIchtsteiner , Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah;Tevez, Llorente

On Sub. Bench: Storari, Rubinho, Isla, Peluso, Ogbonna, Padoin, Osvaldo, Vucinic, Giovinco, Quagliarella
it's only livorno :sergio:

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Sport Mediaset:

Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; LIchtsteiner , Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente

On Sub. Bench: Storari, Rubinho, Isla, Peluso, Ogbonna, Padoin, Osvaldo, Vucinic, Tevez, Quagliarella

Gazzetta:

Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; LIchtsteiner , Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

On Sub. Bench: Storari, Rubinho, Isla, Peluso, Ogbonna, Padoin, Osvaldo, Vucinic, Giovinco, Quagliarella

That's retarded, no need to play tevez, and llorente needs to be rested, vucinic needs to start

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I wanted to ask this for some time.

Why the hell do we play on Monday? Usually when a team plays in Europe they get earlier games. Saturday would be too soon after Lyon game, but Sunday seems like the logical choice. Meanwhile we play Monday evening and will only have 2 full days of rest before Europa League.

Is there some higher logic behind this?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I wanted to ask this for some time.

Why the hell do we play on Monday? Usually when a team plays in Europe they get earlier games. Saturday would be too soon after Lyon game, but Sunday seems like the logical choice. Meanwhile we play Monday evening and will only have 2 full days of rest before Europa League.

Is there some higher logic behind this?
Well for one we don't have to travel for our EL match. That saves time and allows more rest.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I'm one of those who would really want to win the EL (even if to think that it's more important than the Scudetto is crazy under many points of view), but this looks really logical to me. We lost points in Naples last week, and it was one of the only 5 times we've lost points so far in Serie A this time. We need a strong comeback to win the league in style, especially with Roma pressing hard behind and that talks about a comeback in the league.

If we look at the EL, we've won in Lyon, against a pretty poor team I must say, and the return leg in Turin should be nothing but a red carpet even for a not shiny Juve. I'll tell you before, Thursday will play the Islas, Giovincos, Pelusos (if he recovered) and might be a good chance for the anti-Conte army to blame at him even if he played a pretty full team in the last 2 important EL matches in Lyon and Florence, won without conceding and with great cynism and winning mentality shown although the tireness.

And I repeat, someone misunderstands the EL for the Champions League. It's Europa League. We're in this competition for a massive casuality, it's not like this is our actual level as a team, even is someone likes to think so. I'll tell you, probably if it didn't have the final in our stadium our team wouldn't even care to this and do what City and United did in 2012 (probably someone doesn't even remember they were in EL), play the full reserve team and crash out. We didn't and you should be grateful to Conte for that.
Agree

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
it's only livorno :sergio:
so what? who would you start?
not much we can do about defence and midfield. only padoin is a possibility but i guess we might see him against lyon. ogbonna just made it back into the squad - maybe we will also see him in midweek.
we keep alternating isla and lichtsteiner (which is good). the asamoah-situation is a little bit difficult because of the peluso-injury (see ogbonna).
tevez played 0min against napoli and 55min against lyon. so if there are no injuries worries, he should definately start. and tbh: i think our highly paid doctors have a better chance to figure this out while examining the player than we do over the internet.
llorente also didn´t play against lyon. he really looked tired before, i have to admit...

so i guess maybe:

against livorno:
buffon; caceres, bonucci, chiellini; licht, pogba, pirlo, marchisio, asamoah; tevez, llorente

against lyon:
buffon; caceres, bonucci/ogbonna, chiellini/ogbonna; isla, vidal, marchisio, padoin, asamoah; vucinic, osvaldo

against udinese:
buffon; caceres, bonucci(/ogbonna), chiellini(/ogbonna); licht, pogba/vidal, pirlo, marchisio/vidal, asamoah; tevez, llorente
maybe with barzagli back :)

in all of those games: sub asamoah asap and giovinco after ~60min ^^

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I like your line against Livorno.If we comfortably lead(i Hope) I will sub Tevez for Mirko around 60 min.
And Udinese away would be ultra tricky game for us .If we win this both we are champions.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i kinda agree. this is a very important week.
despite udinese pretty much playing for nothing anymore i consider them our most difficult opponent left (despite roma obviously). as we all know the game against juve at home always is the game of the season for any team (no matter what´s on the line) and on their day i consider them a better team than atalanta. i hope i´m wrong though and they are just going to give us the points because they already ended their season :p.

after this week everything will become a lot easier (or let´s say: a lot less complicated):
- we will finally have a week without a mid-week game! (please tell me there aren´t any internationals scheduled)
- players returning and/or getting fit to even start: barzagli, ogbonna, peluso, vucinic
- no risk of suspension for any of our CMs and tevez

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah most important week.The race will be decided up to the Roma game.Also I dont see them beat Fiorentina and Atalanta only if the purple rats decided to give the points away just to make a damage to us.Anyway for every sake we must demolish this minnows tonight .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
i kinda agree. this is a very important week.
despite udinese pretty much playing for nothing anymore i consider them our most difficult opponent left (despite roma obviously). as we all know the game against juve at home always is the game of the season for any team (no matter what´s on the line) and on their day i consider them a better team than atalanta. i hope i´m wrong though and they are just going to give us the points because they already ended their season :p.

after this week everything will become a lot easier (or let´s say: a lot less complicated):
- we will finally have a week without a mid-week game! (please tell me there aren´t any internationals scheduled)
- players returning and/or getting fit to even start: barzagli, ogbonna, peluso, vucinic
- no risk of suspension for any of our CMs and tevez
There are always red cards that suspend for more than one match ;)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i knew someone would come up with that. obviously true but since we only got 1 red card in serie a during the whole last season and only 1 this season, i chose to ignore it...
for all we know our whole first team could get injured tomorrow as well... so... ;)
but yeah, someone could punch an opposing player (like destro did yesterday) and actually get red-carded for it ;)

Yeah most important week.The race will be decided up to the Roma game.Also I dont see them beat Fiorentina and Atalanta only if the purple rats decided to give the points away just to make a damage to us.Anyway for every sake we must demolish this minnows tonight .
why is everybody talking about atalanta? i can´t see roma dropping points against them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)