[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 Hellas Verona [February 6th, 2022] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I'd say we were more 4-3-2-1, Dybala and Morata were picking up more centrally and being forced out wide for space. Morata and Dybala were trying to come inwards so someone could overlap and that was Zakaria on Dybala's side. Morata didn't get the overlap support from Rabiot but De Sciglio did come up. I think Bernardeschi for Rabiot would be better but Rabiot did well yesterday.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Had quite a few sloppy moments over the course of the game and the final 20 mins or so felt like poor game management.

Aside from that, there was an obvious energy and enthusiasm we’ve lacked all season so far, finally a good atmosphere in the stadium and a feeling that we might actually score goals when going forward!

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Good game considering the rival which is very uncomfortable not only for Juve but for anyone in the league.

Fantastic impact from the two newcomers. I liked the enthusiasm and the most surprising for me was the duo Morata - Dybala, they really worked their asses off and made themselves available in buildup. Probably unsustainable for 90 minutes every 3 days but it's nice to see it working against Verona - it means it can be used against anyone, at least in the league.

The thing to improve is definitely ball retention, passing and general movement, 78% pass accuracy at home looks poor. Good thing the team can defend now to keep a clean sheet, even if they drop back too deep, a bit too often for my liking. Otherwise no complaints, finally some balls showed, the desire to match Verona physically was there and it's fantastic to see considering the next two opponents are almost a carbon copy of Verona. Good to see we can deal with these type of teams.

Sep 13, 2015
The passing accuracy will always suffer against teams that play high press and use overloads on the sides of the pitch which narrows the field and spaces to play by a lot.

Opponents are aware that we don't have technically gifted players in the midfield plus we play with a deep defensive line so they will always press high.

I believe Allegri granted them possession deliberately in order to exploit the spaces behind their backline with the pace of Vlahovic which resulted in two goals. However, our team definitely lacks a playmaker that can play under press and create spaces by beating opponents. I'm hopeful of the Arthur, Loca and Zakaria middfield trio though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)