[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 Genoa [December 5th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
It’s second game in a row we playing 4-2-3-1. Allegri is a smart man. It’s about time he ditched 4-4-2 with Rabiot in the left. Once Chiesa comes back it will be even better. Cuads should remain as RB even if Danilo comes back.
Cuads at RB 100%. Was reading some journo saying that it is still a 442 but bernadeschi is more hard working and clearly more of a winger than rabiot hence why it's working better.

As long as we keep on winning...who gives a fuck right.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah he did look kinda like a trequartista today
There is a big difference with our previous 4-4-2 with Rabiot as an LM, to this 4-2-3-1 with Dybala playing as a trequartista and having actual wingers playing on the wing (and higher up the pitch)

- - - Updated - - -

That 4-4-2 with four CMs against Chelsea was the beginning of the end of that shitty formation.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Probably one of the worst performances ever seen in Serie A, what we witnessed from Genoa.

Sensible lineup, with players in their respective positions instead of weird pussy tactics. Also finally some passing quality living up to the expectations and same for the movements on the field. That was refreshing to see. We have seen a few performances like this earlier, where we thought we had learned something. Lets see if thats the case this time. Hope it wasnt just a forced setup or due to Genoas utter trash team.

Jun 6, 2015
I think the narrative that the slight change of formation/changing the role of one player is the driver for recent improvements is a bit off. I think generally we as fans tend to overestimate the importance of these small tactical tweaks in how they affect performances, when often the improvements in technical execution have much bigger effect. We were much more precise and crisp in our passing in this game compared to some previous ones, which I think was the major driver in playing a much better game on a technical level. Genoa of course didn't help themselves by trying to play out from the back in every situation which led to loads of problems for them. Anyways a good performance and a good win.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Cuads at RB 100%. Was reading some journo saying that it is still a 442 but bernadeschi is more hard working and clearly more of a winger than rabiot hence why it's working better.

As long as we keep on winning...who gives a fuck right.
It's more of 4-2-1-3 than 4-4-2

Tek
Cuadrado-De Ligt-Chiellini-Pellegrini
Bentan-Loca
Dybala
Kulu-Morata-Berna

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
By his standards, maybe.
But for me his standards are pretty low.
Against Atalanta we conceded because of him as he was in no man's land if I remember correctly.
We got 3 clean sheets without him in the last 5 matches. We managed one with him against Lazio.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In a paralel world. Yeah why not.
BonBon is a liability est. 2018.

Jesus, in what way? Every little minor mistake he does is so gleefully magnified (and he has had couple of bad games) that people forget he is consistently fantastic rest of the time (its the reverse with De Ligt, every mistake he makes is glossed over quick).

I personally don't like him as an individual so I get the temptation of wanting to see mainly the minor negatives. But give credit when its due. He has been good.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry bro. Maybe I'm harsh, but in a Juve squad that has conceded 16 in 16 matches, where he played most of them, no one was/is good, especially a 6 mil /year bonnuci.
I give Chiello a pass because he rarely played.

The only good defender we still got is Chiello.
And I don't give de ligt a pass. I don't want to bring him in this discussion.
For 80 million and 12/year he is a bust. We could have done that with either Romero or demiral.

For me, bonbon is a terrible defender. Used to be good, never wc.
Now he is "good" because the rest are weaker.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We got 3 clean sheets without him in the last 5 matches. We managed one with him against Lazio.
The only two matches we won this year in serie A by more than 1 goal difference, were when Chiesa didn't play.

So, apart from Bonucci, we also don't need Chiesa.

It doesn't matter that the last two matches were against the two weakest teams in serie A.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The only two matches we won this year in serie A by more than 1 goal difference, were when Chiesa didn't play.

It doesn't matter that the last two matches were against the two weakest teams in serie A.
Well Chiesa isn't lighting the field on fire very often this season , does he?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

+ genoa missed 9 players iirc, so it was the b-team of a serie b level team too.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I think the narrative that the slight change of formation/changing the role of one player is the driver for recent improvements is a bit off. I think generally we as fans tend to overestimate the importance of these small tactical tweaks in how they affect performances, when often the improvements in technical execution have much bigger effect. We were much more precise and crisp in our passing in this game compared to some previous ones, which I think was the major driver in playing a much better game on a technical level. Genoa of course didn't help themselves by trying to play out from the back in every situation which led to loads of problems for them. Anyways a good performance and a good win.
Could be true, but still have in my mind when Allegri first invented his 4231 and saved our season. Can't remember which season it really was but we played like shit and couldn't get our mid work until he tried this double pivot with Pjanić and Khedira - something we didn't really see to work as Pjanić was considered to be to weak in defensive phase. It was one little tweak that changed our whole game. We were ofc winning before he invented it, but we couldn't really shine and it led us to CL final.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Doesn't matter. The guy usually has 3 - 4 mistakes/game when he plays, regarding of the teams we play.
Actually I'm surprised to see that we managed to keep a clean sheet with him against 2 strong opponents this year Roma and Lazio.
Maybe it's lack of motivation against smaller sides that gets him.

Against Chelsea in Turin we played Chiello and de ligt.
The pattern is clear. We have more clean sheets when he is not playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)