[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Cesena (Dec. 4th 2011) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Pazienza

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Krasic-Vidal(Marrone)-Marchisio-Esti(Elia)
Del Piero-Matri(Quag)​

:D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For this reason, I'm extremely hesitant in resting any players apart from Pirlo (because it looks like he is suspended). These types of team are the problem we have with building up a lot of points throughout the season, we drew them 2-2 last season when we needed a win.

Substitute the key men off IF the team can build up a healthy lead.
Then when would you rest them? What if we don't get a healthy lead? Sooner later we will need to give some breaks.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We don't need to rest players for tomorrow's or next week's match. We need to give some players an occasional rest so come April or May they'll have the legs for 90 minutes of top football.
No matter if we play only in serie A, I am not sure if it's smart to play the same XI all the time and expect them to be fresh for the decisive stage of the season (the last 5-10 matches).

Capello made that mistake in 2005-2006. He always started the same XI and played the whole season with some 14 players. Come mid March our players were dead. We almost lost the 12-13 pts lead in serie A and we were destroyed by Arsenal. Even runners like Nedved and Camo were exhausted.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Buffon

Lichsteiner - Barzagli - Sorensen - Chiellini

Marchisio - Pazienza - Vidal

Vucinic - Matri - Elia​

I would resset Pepe too,Pirlo is suspended .
Pepe doesn't need rest, he is animal and he can run. He has the chance and he should take it before he gets rested for good like Krasic ;). The only change would do is Marchisio for Pirlo and go back to 4-2-4.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Buffon
Pepe-Vidal-Marchisio-Esti
Del Piero-Matri

OR

Buffon
Marrone-Vidal-Marchisio
Pepe-Matri-Esti

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hope we don't get complacent and I also think it is time to introduce some new faces, one to spread the motivation and the system to the entire squad and two to bring out new motivation on the pitch.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus isn't even playing Champions League football, so we can't complain about playing a lot of games.

The Christmas break is approaching anyway.
True, that's a good point. :tup:
We don't need to rest players for tomorrow's or next week's match. We need to give some players an occasional rest so come April or May they'll have the legs for 90 minutes of top football.
No matter if we play only in serie A, I am not sure if it's smart to play the same XI all the time and expect them to be fresh for the decisive stage of the season (the last 5-10 matches).

Capello made that mistake in 2005-2006. He always started the same XI and played the whole season with some 14 players. Come mid March our players were dead. We almost lost the 12-13 pts lead in serie A and we were destroyed by Arsenal. Even runners like Nedved and Camo were exhausted.
I don't think our defense needs to rest, however It would be wise to give Vidal a game to rest (Marchisio got his, Pirlo against Cesena). Matri has been running his socks off as well, I think that if we start making our subs a bit earlier in the game would also help. We have some quality players on the bench (and some not so much:D) so I think in order to keep our key players sharp, sub em off ealier in the game. Not to mention, we need to make sure our boys on the bench have some minutes to stay fresh as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hope we don't get complacent and I also think it is time to introduce some new faces, one to spread the motivation and the system to the entire squad and two to bring out new motivation on the pitch.
Not sure why, but I am nervous for this game. We really need to start from the first whistle and pressure. Last 2 years we have been so complacent in the beginning that we would have to fight back in the second half. That hasn't been the case pretty much all season now, I just hope the table doesn't psych us out.

Mutu. :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)