[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-3 Palermo (September 23rd 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Felipe Melo

• Ale Del Piero

• Not a single Juve player

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anverch

Dec 18, 2005
i m just gona stick to my Wizards in MLS when they came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3,
watching juve can give me heart attack, even 3-0 down they cant press the other team like big teams should do, like man u does when they loosing they dont even leave the opponents half...+ they keep changing players coaches, u cant keep changing systems and players and be consistent..
Well whatever Forza Wizards

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You definately werent watching him off the ball then if you think he was good. He's lazy. He was frustrating the hell out of me with his complete lack of effort for the while game when we werent in possesion. Whenever he missed a tackle he would give up, and make no effort to get back into position
Im with you on that one, he had moments his passing looked promising and he was trying to do something but your right i thought quite a bit he was lazy, they both were marchi and melo.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm not the only one who thought he was MOM, are the other's lying too? ;)
Lol, i'm nit saying your lying mate. But i genuinely think if you were watching him as closely as me you wouldnt say that. I made a point of watching him after about 20 mins because we looked overrun in midfield. He was highly ineffective in the build up to their goals off the ball and with his work rate. On the ball he was very good, and thats what people tend to notice more

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I feel bad for Krasic that he has to deal with Motta. I had high hopes for Motta, but these last couple of games he has seriously gone down the tubes. Krasic and a strong RB would make our right side extremely dominant.

I don't know what it is with our defence, they're just giving up or something.
No its our stupid mentality and motta fits in well. Pass to feet, there were times were krasic made trickery moves away from defence but simply put its the coach who needs to have a word and get them going out to improve the communication.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Lol, i'm nit saying your lying mate. But i genuinely think if you were watching him as closely as me you wouldnt say that. I made a point of watching him after about 20 mins because we looked overrun in midfield. He was highly ineffective in the build up to their goals off the ball and with his work rate. On the ball he was very good, and thats what people tend to notice more
Perhaps, I tend to be biased towards Melo anyway :p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
:agree:

Ale was our best player tonight
Agreed. I don't know what people are talking about saying he was too slow for the 4-2-3-1 in the second half or whatever. He was finding space all the time. Nearly split their defence with a great pass for Iaquinta, won free kicks at will, and played in Krasic. We couldn't ask for anything more from Del Piero tonight.

Aug 17, 2007
Agreed. I don't know what people are talking about saying he was too slow for the 4-2-3-1 in the second half or whatever. He was finding space all the time. Nearly split their defence with a great pass for Iaquinta, won free kicks at will, and played in Krasic. We couldn't ask for anything more from Del Piero tonight.
+rep

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Im with you on that one, he had moments his passing looked promising and he was trying to do something but your right i thought quite a bit he was lazy, they both were marchi and melo.
:tup: glad someone saw it too!

Dont get me started on marchisio, he was even worse. I'd give melo a 5.5 and marchi a 4

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Agree on that, he should have been kept on. I wonder if its going to be a common one where he tends to get subbed around the hour mark.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We were outsmarted. Granted, the early goal made it easy for Palermo, but their tactics were very good and they managed to soak the pressure and force us to rely on set-pieces which they defended well for the bigger part of the match.

Nothing new and nothing unknown from this match. Sucks that we conceded so many goals, but we already knew that we're a team that has to score more than once in order to win a match.
We'll do better on away matches where teams won't defend in numbers. We simply don't have the quality to beat teams that defend and counter.
Also, we were kinda unlucky tonight. We had many shots on goal but we weren't precise enough and we had a keeper playing against us who did very well.
Can and will be better. Just don't expect too much from our team.

Storari 4.5 - Not his day. He also failed to play it smart. Knowing what kind of defense he has, he needs to clear the ball away from the box, not inside of it. That cost us the second goal. He was too slow for the third.
Motta 4.5 - Assisted the consolation goal, but it was him who was the weak link at the back. Not enough spark and not aggressive enough for a defender. Stops to watch when he should run and act.
Chiellini 5.5 - Can't give him a bigger rating when he's a defender of a team that concedes three goals and allows 2-3 more great chances. The best of the bunch, though.
Bonucci 5.0 - Made some smart fouls but got skinned on more than one occasion. I think the first goal was his and Motta's co-production?
Grygera 4.5 - Troubled a lot. A noticed 1-2 good defensive plays, but that was it. A little better than Motta, but has the same rating due to Motta's involvement in attack, which we missed on Grygera's side, apart from one action where he won us a corner and almost earned an owngoal.
Melo 6.5 - Won us many balls. If the others played well this was gonna be a great match by Melo. This way all his work went down the toilet.
Marchisio 6.0 - I thought he was ok. His early yellow prevented him from being more aggressive.
Pepe 4.5 - Hot and cold with Pepe. He's not a LM and Palermo knew how to take advantage of that.
Krasic 6.0 - I might be generous here. Balza got the better of Milos. The Serb was still one of our most dangerous players. Not consistent though. Does something good and it was followed by something bad. Too bad he can't find his debut goal. Came really close on 2-3 occasions.
Quagliarella 4.5 - Tbh, I hardly noticed him.
Del Piero 6.5 - He realized that our chance was to shoot from distance or from set pieces and he earned us free kicks and corners. Did well in the little counters we had by employing the others well and putting them in excellent position to shoot or cross. Unlucky on two occasions when Sirigu saved his shot and when he could have been given a penalty. Held the ball a little too much than what I'd like but it might had to do with the movement of the others and the excellent marking from the opposition.
-----------
Amauri 5.5 - Fought, ran, outjumped his markers, but it's annoying that he needs so many shots to score.
Iaquinta 5.5 - The worse one between him and Amauri. Equal rating only due to the goal he scored.
Aquilani 5.5 - We conceded the 2nd soon after he came in so there was little he could change. Didn't do anything good in particular but showed signs that he can improve this team.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Ale should have come off at halftime or stayed on for the match. No reason to take both him and Quag out to use Iaquinta as a winger

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agree on that, he should have been kept on. I wonder if its going to be a common one where he tends to get subbed around the hour mark.
I could understand that being the case if he's tired. His legs might not have 90 minutes in them anymore but he looked like he was moving well tonight. Didn't seem fatigued to me.

Aug 17, 2007
BTW, i read people here say:"Burn the stadium, Burn the chairs". I mean, WTF?! What kind of supporters are you? The players don't need your support when they win 4-0, they need it in situations like this, in bad nights, in loses, when everything goes wrong.

If it was the 15 match of the season, well, can't agree with you but i understand. but after 4 matches?! shame on you

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can't believe we threw 3points away tonight just 1game before facing Inter and try to close the gap before it's too late.

What hurts even more, is that we played some nice football but it was just one of those days that you were going to loose no matter how many chances you create and how well you play. It's written for us to loose. Shame.

The subs weren't very smart subs I must admit. But all in all, there's not much left to talk about, I'm gutted because we deserved at least one point but this is how things goes when you don't have a solid keeper and organized defender and a leader at the back.

I'm off for now. Since 1week I've been waiting for this game and I'm sleeping right on my face under the pillow.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont know what to say, such fucking typical shit, worst of all is I'm used to and prepared to losing to such teams at home, and unphazed by conceading 3 goals to boot. Seriously, thats the worst part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)