[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-2 Sampdoria (January 6, 2013) (9 Viewers)

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I think we went wrong by starting both DC and Peluso while not having warriors out there like Vidal and Licht. Not to mention the horrible officiating, we should have had 3 pks in the first half.

calmyournerves

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Feb 18, 2012
Not a way to start the new year. We don't need a MOM poll, everyone was equally bad.
Some things that annoy me:
1. Why do we let a player that just arrived two days ago start a game? The past games have shown us that a 3 man defence with players like Marrone or Caceres works well.
2. With so many key players missing because of injury, why don't we start with the ones we have (Vidal, Vuci)?
3. Why does Pogba get subbed out for Giac who can't change the game?

Oh well, hopefully the game against Milan will be better.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was worried about this game, but no one could have had any idea that the sequence of events that transpired would have happened.

I can't think of anyone who had a good game. Goalkeeper - rubbish, defense - not coherent, midfield - awful passing and overrun, attack - at their garbage and indecisive worst. I guess that's how Juve lose at home to 10 man Sampdoria when they are 1-0 up.

This will go down in Sampdoria history, for us we need to try to treat it as 'one of those games', but I fear it may have longer effects. It just shows how quickly you can go from heaven to hell in football.

I think back to that second penalty and how the game would have been different, but that would have got us off the hook. We were lazy and unprofessional, and that was a Conte team. They should be slaughtered by him.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
First i havent watch the game... But i dont think you can blame Peluso... And we was up against 10 1-0 and at home and lose to Sampdoria... COME ON!!! I was saying this all along... Get rid of GIO... We need a World class striker(Bias Moment) Our team right now... I not handing injuries well be cause we really on other players alot and KIllini is one of them... Its not easy to just fit in Juve three defender system... And if either BAL... KIL... or BON... is hurt it never works... we need to go back to 4 in the back when they are hurt... My point is stop pointing fingers at Peluso please... We didnt play 40 million pounds for him so dont expect a 40 million pound performance... Juve have not risen... We are still growing be patient...
what you smokin bro?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #426
    This match reminds me of that loss against Parma 2 years ago and how everything went downhill afterwards. Quagliarella who was our key player before New Year got injured for the season at match too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Instead of MOM poll (between Marchisio and Gio) let's have a WOM poll instead. I know who would win it, but my vote would go to Gigi.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    This match reminds me of that loss against Parma 2 years ago and how everything went downhill afterwards. Quagliarella who was our key player before New Year got injured for the season at match too.
    Worrying similarities, but we have to be better than that.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
    How is Conte's fault for Marchisio injury ?
    I do think he makes the players play on through injury and doesn't allow them to rest. I recall earlier in the season Chiellini was made to play on after all the subs had made.

Vidal had the knee injury against Chelsea and he's not been allowed to rest and constantly played.
    Chiellini had the calf strain for a while (I'm sure it really began to flare up in the home game against Chelsea where he limped off with it after Gio scored the third, wasn't allowed to rest)
    Marchisio today played on today despite the fact it would've been 10 v 10 (so there is a chance that Conte requested him to try and stay on the field).

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Instead of MOM poll (between Marchisio and Gio) let's have a WOM poll instead. I know who would win it, but my vote would go to Gigi.
    indeed. gigi wins by default because

1- you expect better from a keeper of his caliber
    2- you expect better from the CAPTAIN
    3- new guy is expected to make mistakes

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    :D

Poor fella that new guy. Though he was really poor. But the loss was mainly down to Gigi, it got samp the momentum. A shocking atempt compared to his usual standards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)