[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-2 Sampdoria (January 6, 2013) (12 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's nice to show faith! Commendable, even! And it's not like I'm completely without it, far from it. But I belong in a category containing a merry band of pessimists and nervous wrecks. We happy few :touched:

Don't discriminate against us, Hust. Don't sink so low :depressed

Faith got us far, I agree, but it can also be argued that an equally important ingredient to Juventus' success under Conte and the current board is that we never underestimated our opponents.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
It's nice to show faith! Commendable, even! And it's not like I'm completely without it, far from it. But I belong in a category containing a merry band of pessimists and nervous wrecks. We happy few :touched:

Faith got us far, I agree, but it can also be argued that an equally important ingredient to Juventus' success under Conte and the current board is that we never underestimated our opponents.
No we haven't and we should never do that.
I remember getting on the forums when Juve played Chelsea at home and people were so nervous and thought we didn't stand a chance. I got really upset and read comments after the game when the entire forum was having an orgasm and nobody was talking about the pre-game nerves. Conte has a special formula, a winning one. It doesn't matter if we, the fans, underestimate the opponents, as long as Conte doesn't. And time and time again have our performances shown that we do not underestimate anyone but we go for the win against any opponent. When have you seen Conte settling for a draw? Not even against a fearsome Shakthar squad.

That is where my complete optimism and faith comes from.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That was lovely, I'd pay for it to happen again.
I think most of us here would do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Faith means you follow something blindly because you believe in it no matter what. It's not that we never underestimated our opponents, rather it was more that we believed in ourselves of what we wanted to achieve. :)
I remember getting on the forums when Juve played Chelsea at home and people were so nervous and thought we didn't stand a chance. I got really upset and read comments after the game when the entire forum was having an orgasm and nobody was talking about the pre-game nerves. Conte has a special formula, a winning one. It doesn't matter if we, the fans, underestimate the opponents, as long as Conte doesn't. And time and time again have our performances shown that we do not underestimate anyone but we go for the win against any opponent. When have you seen Conte settling for a draw? Not even against a fearsome Shakthar squad.

This. :touched:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Good post. And believe it or not, that's where my optimism and faith comes from too :D

However, it's maybe not as "complete" as yours. I'm still nervous ahead of matches.

Old habits die hard, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Faith means you follow something blindly because you believe in it no matter what. It's not that we never underestimated our opponents, rather it was more that we believed in ourselves of what we wanted to achieve. :)
Sure, but there can be degrees of faith, can't it?

Someone can have "some faith", "little faith", "much faith", "complete faith" etc.?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Good post. And believe it or not, that's where my optimism and faith comes from too :D

However, it's maybe not as "complete" as yours. I'm still nervous ahead of matches.

Old habits die hard, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but there can be degrees of faith, can't it?

Someone can have "some faith", "little faith", "much faith", "complete faith" etc.?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

#2, Part b, and #3...:numnum:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
#2, Part b offers two alternatives: 1) firm belief and 2) complete trust

#3 says strong conviction

In conclusion, it doesn't have to be a complete trust, but it can be :stuckup:

skates ahead into the horizon, on thin ice

So where does my fear and being nervous come from then?

Is it really so that I do not have faith in this team?

To me, that feels very wrong, because I do believe we can beat any team. Still, I'm fearful ahead of matches.

#NeedAShrink

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
#2, Part b offers two alternatives: 1) firm belief and 2) complete trust

#3 says strong conviction

In conclusion, it doesn't have to be a complete trust, but it can be :stuckup:
Firm is unwavering. Complete trust is self-explanatory.

Definition is there. Take your dress off and put your purse down. Put on some blue jeans and man up, Jem. :(

Juve is the Old Lady, not you. Focus!

JUVE!!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Firm is unwavering. Complete trust is self-explanatory.

Definition is there. Take your dress off and put your purse down. Put on some blue jeans and man up, Jem. :(

Juve is the Old Lady, not you. Focus!

JUVE!!
You conveniently skipped the "strong"-alternative :(

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Put on some blue jeans, and man-up. Be STRONG.

Don't distort the definition of faith. Either you got it or you don't. :stuckup:

Matri to score.
Fine, and I just did with an update to my previous post.

Can you explain this part to me, pls?

So where does my fear and being nervous come from then?

Is it really so that I do not have faith in this team?

To me, that feels very wrong, because I do believe we can beat any team. Still, I'm fearful ahead of matches.

#NeedAShrink

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Admitting the problem is the first step. Congrats Jem, you are on your way from being just a fan, to a fan with faith. :touched:

Now for the game: kick off time anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)