[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Chievo (March 3rd 2012) (46 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Licht

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Padoin

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACM1899

Mar 4, 2012
Willingly or not, you did it.

For years we watched the Italian media, mostly the one owned by Berlusconi, creating the image of a cheating Juve. For years we watched how the mistakes in Milan's or Inter's favors are ignored and Juve's are repeated over and over again. It resulted with Calciopoli and we went down. We took it like men. We watched Milan and Inter win CLs while we were down or still recovering from the knockdown. We came back. We tried to leave the bad blood behind and it kinda worked, even if we never forgot the injustice.

But now when we see Milan trying to do the same again we will not keep quiet. Whoever tries to even imply that "Juve are cheating AGAIN", whoever tries to play the old card again, especially if it's someone we took the bullet for, will and should never be welcomed.

So yeah, even if you do think that the refs helped Juve, you will keep quiet and be ashamed of what happened in 2006.
I usually only lurk here, because as an opposition fan, I'm just curious now and then about what's going on with Juve, what their fans think, etc. I do have to comment on this post though, because I think you are being really unfair to Milan here.

I will start by stating that I personally believe that Moratti was behind Calciopoli, not Berlusconi. Milan almost ended up in Serie B, while Inter got the chance to steal the best players in Italy and win five league titles in a row. When all the evidence against Inter finally appeared, I was not surprised at all, and I think Juve have done a great job of exposing them as the cheaters they are. Saying Milan are to blame for what happened though, that's just not right. The summer of 2006 was like a nightmare, in spite of Italy becoming world champions, and I think all Milan fans would agree with me on that. Berlusconi may be a crook when it comes to politics, but I don't think there's ever been much talk about Milan cheating their way to any trophies.

Anyway, AC Milan have not tried to label Juventus as cheaters. There was a lot of anger and frustration after the match at the San Siro last weekend, because Juve had talked so much about biased refereeing during the weeks before. When we appealed Ibra's ban and were rejected, there was a clear feeling that it happened because nobody wanted to be accused of giving Milan an advantage over Juve before such a big game, because there had been so much talk about the refs being against Juve. On the other hand, it could be argued that Ibra should never have slapped Aronica to begin with... ;)
A lot of people also remembered Chiellini trying to get Ibra into trouble over nothing after the Coppa Italia match last month, and then there was the incident with Muntari's goal, of course. When we, in addition to all this, have to listen to comments from Juve in the media saying that the refs are pro-Milan and anti-Juve, there will be a certain amount of anger. (Btw, my personal explanation for why we are getting a lot of penalties this year is simply that we tend to pass the ball around a lot inside the opposition box, and we have forwards who like to dribble their way through on goal).

Regardless, I think it's sad that there's so much hostility between the clubs all of a sudden. I have been a Milan fan for 18 years, and for the most part, there has always been a mutual respect between Juventus and Milan, in spite of the rivalry between them. I remember the Champions League final in 2003, when the fans actually joined together in anti-Inter chants. And after Calciopoli, in spite of Juventus suffering far more than we did, there was a feeling that both clubs had been stabbed in the back by FIGC and/or Inter. I don't want Milan and Juve to be best friends, of course. We are rivals, after all. But it would be nice if that mutual respect returned. No more accusations etc, on either side.

I understand that a lot of things that were said after the match last weekend were hurtful, but I think a lot of it was said in the heat of the moment. Most Milan fans blame the refs, not Juventus, for what happened, although some say that Juventus inadvertently contitioned the refs a bit by talking so much before the game. Personally I believe that no ref would ignore a goal like that on purpose. The linesman fucked up, pure and simple. Anyway, I really doubt that this match will be decisive for the scudetto.

I just wanted to get all of this off my chest, and I'll go back to lurking now. Good luck in your challenge for the Scudetto!

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I usually only lurk here, because as an opposition fan, I'm just curious now and then about what's going on with Juve, what their fans think, etc. I do have to comment on this post though, because I think you are being really unfair to Milan here.

I will start by stating that I personally believe that Moratti was behind Calciopoli, not Berlusconi. Milan almost ended up in Serie B, while Inter got the chance to steal the best players in Italy and win five league titles in a row. When all the evidence against Inter finally appeared, I was not surprised at all, and I think Juve have done a great job of exposing them as the cheaters they are. Saying Milan are to blame for what happened though, that's just not right. The summer of 2006 was like a nightmare, in spite of Italy becoming world champions, and I think all Milan fans would agree with me on that. Berlusconi may be a crook when it comes to politics, but I don't think there's ever been much talk about Milan cheating their way to any trophies.

Anyway, AC Milan have not tried to label Juventus as cheaters. There was a lot of anger and frustration after the match at the San Siro last weekend, because Juve had talked so much about biased refereeing during the weeks before. When we appealed Ibra's ban and were rejected, there was a clear feeling that it happened because nobody wanted to be accused of giving Milan an advantage over Juve before such a big game, because there had been so much talk about the refs being against Juve. On the other hand, it could be argued that Ibra should never have slapped Aronica to begin with... ;)
A lot of people also remembered Chiellini trying to get Ibra into trouble over nothing after the Coppa Italia match last month, and then there was the incident with Muntari's goal, of course. When we, in addition to all this, have to listen to comments from Juve in the media saying that the refs are pro-Milan and anti-Juve, there will be a certain amount of anger. (Btw, my personal explanation for why we are getting a lot of penalties this year is simply that we tend to pass the ball around a lot inside the opposition box, and we have forwards who like to dribble their way through on goal).

Regardless, I think it's sad that there's so much hostility between the clubs all of a sudden. I have been a Milan fan for 18 years, and for the most part, there has always been a mutual respect between Juventus and Milan, in spite of the rivalry between them. I remember the Champions League final in 2003, when the fans actually joined together in anti-Inter chants. And after Calciopoli, in spite of Juventus suffering far more than we did, there was a feeling that both clubs had been stabbed in the back by FIGC and/or Inter. I don't want Milan and Juve to be best friends, of course. We are rivals, after all. But it would be nice if that mutual respect returned. No more accusations etc, on either side.

I understand that a lot of things that were said after the match last weekend were hurtful, but I think a lot of it was said in the heat of the moment. Most Milan fans blame the refs, not Juventus, for what happened, although some say that Juventus inadvertently contitioned the refs a bit by talking so much before the game. Personally I believe that no ref would ignore a goal like that on purpose. The linesman fucked up, pure and simple. Anyway, I really doubt that this match will be decisive for the scudetto.

I just wanted to get all of this off my chest, and I'll go back to lurking now. Good luck in your challenge for the Scudetto!
How did milan get any damage from calciopoli ? We went to serie b and the accauntants of juve say we have had 444 milion euro of loses and i believe that to be even less than it really is . While milan just lost the oportunity to compete for the scudetto for 1 year .
We lost appeal , value as a company , had the best team in europe that got destroyed and after calcopoli had a ton of trouble to get back where we are now , seeing as after calcopoli everybody addressed to us as cheaters . We had an enourmus damage done to our image and we needed 6 fucking years to come where we are now .

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

ACM1899

Mar 4, 2012
How did milan get any damage from calciopoli ? We went to serie b and the accauntants of juve say we have had 444 milion euro of loses and i believe that to be even less than it really is . While milan just lost the oportunity to compete for the scudetto for 1 year .
We lost appeal , value as a company , had the best team in europe that got destroyed and after calcopoli had a ton of trouble to get back where we are now , seeing as after calcopoli everybody addressed to us as cheaters . We had an enourmus damage done to our image and we needed 6 fucking years to come where we are now .
Lol ok, so I won't lurk after all then. I am not saying that Milan took as much damage as Juve, at all. We lost the opportunity to replace Sheva with someone good, but that's about it in terms of real damage. What really hurt was that we, like you, were labelled as cheaters. That, and the fact that we had to go through trials and shit while Inter were building a squad that would dominate the Serie A for years. But we didn't suffer the way Juventus did, that goes without saying. You lost absolutely everything. All I'm saying is that it's not our fault that it happened :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)