[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (39 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The reason I think we don't score from crosses is because we rarely have numbers in the box with this 4-3-3. Matri is almost always out numbered. I watched Siena's 4-2-4 a number of times and their strength was not just their width but their ability to crowd numbers forward and score much more easily. Its a formation that spreads defenders and creates space for attackers which is what I like most about it. Besides we have no real lone striker in this team I think pretty much all of our strikers would prefer to play with a partner. I'm certain that we will score more goals in that formation and not just from wide play and crossing.
At this point I'm willing to try it, but not sure it's wise to suddenly change our formation away to Atalanta?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
At this point I'm willing to try it, but not sure it's wise to suddenly change our formation away to Atalanta?
They're just Atalanta. If they want to congest the midfield we need to stretch them somehow. Plus its an excuse to play Elia and finally ditch the lone striker :tuttosport: Anyway probably won't happen unless Pirlo injures.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They're just Atalanta. If they want to congest the midfield we need to stretch them somehow. Plus its an excuse to play Elia and finally ditch the lone striker :tuttosport: Anyway probably won't happen unless Pirlo injures.
We have Marrone. :tuttosport:

We would be covered.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think having Quag back is going to be good for us too. We need someone else instead of Matri to play these short passes if we want to play 1-2's in the box.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
We need crosses from the left side again. Hopefully having a real LB now will improve that. Lichtsteiner has been making good crosses all season. Its virtually impossible to pick out a good cross when your CF is being double or even triple marked.
Here:

Licht, Pepe and the likes can deliver good crosses but they're not that good of a crosser. Camo's and Zambrotta's for example are better.
Yes but we also need creativity in the midfield
That's supposed to be Pirlo's job.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Also some of you are also overreacting to todays draw. Sure, it's a bad result but Cagliari are a solid side with a very strong midfield and defence. From a side who had just conceded a goal less than Milan before today it was likely that we would struggle to score.

Vidal being piss poor during the entire first half and still being poor in the second helped them mainly to dominate the midfield. The goal is partly to blame Pirlo and Bonucci. Pirlo should had been marking Cossu yet instead he was watching to Bonucci's poor clearence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)