[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (66 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It depends. If you want to play a 4-3-3 you better hope you have technical players up forward because the formation in itself creates congestion. In a 4-2-4 Pepe would be more effective not to mention the surplus of wide attackers we have in the squad who are fast but by no means skillful. They need space to run into and the 4-2-4 will create that for them. Either way its time Marotta started bringing in some good forward starters. Our entire group of wide attackers and forwards are either shit, too old or just generally mediocre and most of them were brought in throughout the past two markets :sergio: Even Vucinic should be eventually replaced but he is definitely last on my list.
I agree that Pepe would be better in the 424, as a wide man of course, but to be honest I just don't think his crossing is good enough. What scares me about the 424 is that (this was a problem last year too) we just can't cross. Have we scored from 1 cross yet this season?

You know it's bad when De Ceglie is our best crosser. (Esti or Mirko aren't that bad either). You said it best, in the 433 you need technical players and Pepe is everything but technical.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frzl

Apr 15, 2006

Buffon

Licht - Barzagli - Chiellini - Ashton
Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio
Elia - Borriello - Vucinic

Thoughts?
i would love the backline. midfield is standard of course, as is vucenic.
not sure if borriello is ready to start yet. i think conte said something about him not being fit enough... on the other hand we could start borriello and sub in del piero when he is getting tired. he didn´t look bad at all today and should have gotten an assist for setting up krasic.
obviously pepe will start for elia and rightly so. tbh i´m a little bit scared. can you imagine how bad elia has to be doing during the training sessions when a completely out of form krasic gets the nod ahead of him?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juventino[RUS];3459324 said:
So it's a record or what? how long was our the most unbeatable run in history?
It was probably a lot more than 18.

This record is about the most unbeaten games from the start of the serie A season. So far it was from round 1 to round 17. Today we set a new record.

May 22, 2007
they take their foot off the accelerator after scoring, we were nowhere from 15-60 minutes, and the usually strong 2nd half was just not there today.
Juventus are putting a bigger amount of pressure on the opposition when they need to score, instead of when they want to make the game safer.

I wouldn't change formation for the next game, just work on making all midfielders + forwards be calmer in their play and not as desperate to get the ball into the penalty area. I hope we can use Quagliarella and Del Piero next game.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What a terrible game, we are so much predictable it is not funny anymore yet players like Del Piero and Elia don't see playing time for players like Pepe, Matri and even Krasic. Relying on Pirlo and not having the balls to bench him is even scarier and it will come back to haunt us real hard if we don't do something about it. He was probably our worst player today yet he played the entire game.

Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli 7
Bonucci 4
De Ceglie 6.5

Marchisio 6.5
Vidal 5
Pirlo 4

Pepe 4.5
Matri 4.5
Vucinic 6.5

Krasic 4
Del Piero 5.5
Boriello 5

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Moestafa El Kabir on Twitter:

"Moet eerlijk zijn.. Heb na vandaag veel respect voor Juventus !! #Topteam !! Nu aan de zuurstoffles! Im out!!!"

"To be honest.. Have great respect for Juventus after today! #Topteam! Now the oxygen! Im out!!!"

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I agree that Pepe would be better in the 424, as a wide man of course, but to be honest I just don't think his crossing is good enough. What scares me about the 424 is that (this was a problem last year too) we just can't cross. Have we scored from 1 cross yet this season?

You know it's bad when De Ceglie is our best crosser. (Esti or Mirko aren't that bad either). You said it best, in the 433 you need technical players and Pepe is everything but technical.
The reason I think we don't score from crosses is because we rarely have numbers in the box with this 4-3-3. Matri is almost always out numbered. I watched Siena's 4-2-4 a number of times and their strength was not just their width but their ability to crowd numbers forward and score much more easily. Its a formation that spreads defenders and creates space for attackers which is what I like most about it. Besides we have no real lone striker in this team I think pretty much all of our strikers would prefer to play with a partner. I'm certain that we will score more goals in that formation and not just from wide play and crossing.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
The reason I think we don't score from crosses is because we rarely have numbers in the box with this 4-3-3. Matri is almost always out numbered.
One of Vidal and Marchisio would go up the field most of the time. Not to mention the far wide winger would go inside the box. The crosses just wasn't there. I think we've discussed this months ago.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I remember Chiellini putting in a cross for Pepe.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We need forwards which make good movement off the ball and open space, at the min we don't have that, as most teams flood the box when they come to our stadium.

We don't need Pepe against the likes of Cagliari, we need creative players, not workhorses.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
One of Vidal and Marchisio would go up the field most of the time. Not to mention the far wide winger would go inside the box. The crosses just wasn't there. I think we've discussed this months ago.
We need crosses from the left side again. Hopefully having a real LB now will improve that. Lichtsteiner has been making good crosses all season. Its virtually impossible to pick out a good cross when your CF is being double or even triple marked. The support really doesn't come until the opposition defense has already set itself up. Usually crossing is avoided because there just isn't a target there. Today Matri was straying everywhere but where he should have been and no one was even close to being in a scoring position. Either way its a problem that can easily be fixed with a change in tactics. If you have more bodies in the box then you're bound to score. That's the essence of the 4-2-4 and its quite effective especially considering we have so many wide attackers not in use who could cause some damage and change up this tired team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)