[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (30 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I noticed the problem in the Lecce game of Juventus being sucked into allowing the opposition to play their regular game, and for a large quantity of that match it felt like Cagliari were doing what they needed to do. I suppose with the number of 1 goal wins we've had this season, the team felt comfortable in allowing the game to progress after scoring early. Something needs to happen to make the team realise that once we've scored a goal, there needs to be pressure to score another.

Looking at the contrast to the beginning of the season, Juventus definitely have stopped with the possession dominating football which was attempted for 90 minutes a game, despite Cagliari playing well. The passing which occurred in midfield has gradually become more hasty and often Pirlo (dictator) is playing the early ball instead of waiting for a different player to try and open up space. Only towards the end of the game did we really begin to put bodies into the opposition half and look for movement over one special piece of fluid play (which was our goal). Everything has become more chaotic and less controlled in our starting XI.

I felt Juventus didn't use De Ceglie enough today, or enough width in general. De Ceglie was our best crosser out there and put in 2 or 3 crosses during the entire match (all of them being accurate). Most of the play was focused in and around the D of the penalty area, looking for one-two to get in behind. It became predictable, and their extra CB (Ariaudo) was an obvious player to stop that danger.

I agree with anyone saying that Juventus should look to dominate the game more. There seems to be arrogance within the team in thinking that they're more untouchable than they actually are because of the hard work which has already gone into putting the club in the good position it is already in. It would be worth making a change in the starting XI for the next match to keep everyone on their toes, Del Piero had a good 25 minutes which was a lot more lively than what Matri and Pepe did, their places should be in danger.
they take their foot off the accelerator after scoring, we were nowhere from 15-60 minutes, and the usually strong 2nd half was just not there today.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I noticed the problem in the Lecce game of Juventus being sucked into allowing the opposition to play their regular game, and for a large quantity of that match it felt like Cagliari were doing what they needed to do. I suppose with the number of 1 goal wins we've had this season, the team felt comfortable in allowing the game to progress after scoring early. Something needs to happen to make the team realise that once we've scored a goal, there needs to be pressure to score another.

Looking at the contrast to the beginning of the season, Juventus definitely have stopped with the possession dominating football which was attempted for 90 minutes a game, despite Cagliari playing well. The passing which occurred in midfield has gradually become more hasty and often Pirlo (dictator) is playing the early ball instead of waiting for a different player to try and open up space. Only towards the end of the game did we really begin to put bodies into the opposition half and look for movement over one special piece of fluid play (which was our goal). Everything has become more chaotic and less controlled in our starting XI.

I felt Juventus didn't use De Ceglie enough today, or enough width in general. De Ceglie was our best crosser out there and put in 2 or 3 crosses during the entire match (all of them being accurate). Most of the play was focused in and around the D of the penalty area, looking for one-two to get in behind. It became predictable, and their extra CB (Ariaudo) was an obvious player to stop that danger.

I agree with anyone saying that Juventus should look to dominate the game more. There seems to be arrogance within the team in thinking that they're more untouchable than they actually are because of the hard work which has already gone into putting the club in the good position it is already in. It would be worth making a change in the starting XI for the next match to keep everyone on their toes, Del Piero had a good 25 minutes which was a lot more lively than what Matri and Pepe did, their places should be in danger.
i agree, and for this reason, i think our summer transfermercato should be

leftback
de rossi
something nice for rightwing

also, pepe set up a goal and should have done again when vidal missed. his place never wasent in danger, but his sub was logical

with the current frontline, pepe should allways start when fit

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why cant we beat our opponent in the same week Milan face Inter
I have noticed it happens almost every year
We are supposed to take advantage of it but in the end its Milan or Inter that take advantage

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
but if pepe needs a sub, elia instead of krasic should be looked at tbh

but i understand, if we want to raise the sale value of krasic, that we had to give him minutes

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I seriously believe the problem is Pepe. Mirko has no problem creating and taking players on from the left, but you NEVER see anything EVER come from Pepe in that regard.

The burden always falls on Mirko.
It depends. If you want to play a 4-3-3 you better hope you have technical players up forward because the formation in itself creates congestion. In a 4-2-4 Pepe would be more effective not to mention the surplus of wide attackers we have in the squad who are fast but by no means skillful. They need space to run into and the 4-2-4 will create that for them. Either way its time Marotta started bringing in some good forward starters. Our entire group of wide attackers and forwards are either shit, too old or just generally mediocre and most of them were brought in throughout the past two markets :sergio: Even Vucinic should be eventually replaced but he is definitely last on my list.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
also, pepe set up a goal and should have done again when vidal missed.
Ahhh, yes, I forgot that one. That was another brilliant back pass which set Vidal one on one with the keeper, but unfortunately the Chilean faced the goal with his back and he gave time to the defender to clear it.

Lol, Pepe is indeed the strangest player we have. He had two absolutely brilliant moves which should have resulted with a goal and we only scored after the first one. After and before that he was really bad and yet those goals he scores, assists he makes, chances he finds himself in and chances he sets make it almost impossible to put him on the bench just like that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)