[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (25 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Except for the fact that he created our only goal with his flick. This is what is so frustrating about Pepe, most games he is terrible 95% of the time, and then he creates something which makes it boarderline impossible to justify not putting him on the pitch again.
Like I've said a million times already: Pepe offers nothing that Quag, DP or Elia couldn't do for us for 90 mins. Pepe did nothing offensively or defensively today.

Sure, I guess one back heel.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Except for the fact that he created our only goal with his flick. This is what is so frustrating about Pepe, most games he is terrible 95% of the time, and then he creates something which makes it boarderline impossible to justify not putting him on the pitch again.
but isnt that what he is supposed to do

a player that guaranteed gives an assist each game, should play each game

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
As the season has progressed:

1 - Our passing has become slower
2 - We are generally less lively
3 - Our passing has become less creative
4 - Our mentality has become more defensive

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
but isnt that what he is supposed to do

a player that guaranteed gives an assist each game, should play each game
Depends, like Hustini says, Pepe can't do anything that our current benchwarmers can't, but they can surely pull of stuff that Pepe can't. It goes both ways, because what Pepe does is very limited. He had a semi assist today, and other than that he did fuck all

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Another positive draw. :weee:

Where is Nicholas? STILL UNDEFEATED! :D
oh come on cut the shit. I really blame conte for this draw. We played really good until we scored, we were fast and looked dangerous, once we scored the goals we kinda sat back and we were not trying to score second goal. I saw it coming!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
oh come on cut the shit. I really blame conte for this draw. We played really good until we scored, we were fast and looked dangerous, once we scored the goals we kinda sat back and we were not trying to score second goal. I saw it coming!
Yes, we were very dangerous for the first 7min of the game.

Cluthing.. For.. Fucking.. Straws

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Depends, like Hustini says, Pepe can't do anything that our current benchwarmers can't, but they can surely pull of stuff that Pepe can't. It goes both ways, because what Pepe does is very limited. He had a semi assist today, and other than that he did fuck all
this concludes we'd need to replace him, with a player that can do all that, but also has more individual talent

how did Nainggolan play, guys?
he's good at defending a point. take him, we are good at it allready

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
wow what a frustrating game. we now officially have the best defence in serie a and broke our own starting record of undefeated matches and still it feels like the worst day of the season :D

funny thing (again) though: ~9 of our 14 used players today have been shit and still all the hate goes to bonucci (who deserves it) and pepe who created our only goal brilliantly and set up vidal perfectly for a second ^^. and no, i don´t think he played well at all but he was by far not our worst player on the pitch (not even after bonucci).

de ceglie played well and deserves to start.
let´s pray quag will be back soon.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wow what a frustrating game. we now officially have the best defence in serie a and broke our own starting record of undefeated matches and still it feels like the worst day of the season :D

funny thing (again) though: ~9 of our 14 used players today have been shit and still all the hate goes to bonucci (who deserves it) and pepe who created our only goal brilliantly and set up vidal perfectly for a second ^^. and no, i don´t think he played well at all but was by far not our worst player on the pitch (not even after bonucci).

de ceglie played well and deserves to start.
let´s pray quag will be back soon.
lets conclude that we need to field de ceglie and chiello next game, and that pepe should keep starting, cause he keeps shutting up the haters :tup:

May 22, 2007
I noticed the problem in the Lecce game of Juventus being sucked into allowing the opposition to play their regular game, and for a large quantity of that match it felt like Cagliari were doing what they needed to do. I suppose with the number of 1 goal wins we've had this season, the team felt comfortable in allowing the game to progress after scoring early. Something needs to happen to make the team realise that once we've scored a goal, there needs to be pressure to score another.

Looking at the contrast to the beginning of the season, Juventus definitely have stopped with the possession dominating football which was attempted for 90 minutes a game, despite Cagliari playing well. The passing which occurred in midfield has gradually become more hasty and often Pirlo (dictator) is playing the early ball instead of waiting for a different player to try and open up space. Only towards the end of the game did we really begin to put bodies into the opposition half and look for movement over one special piece of fluid play (which was our goal). Everything has become more chaotic and less controlled in our starting XI.

I felt Juventus didn't use De Ceglie enough today, or enough width in general. De Ceglie was our best crosser out there and put in 2 or 3 crosses during the entire match (all of them being accurate). Most of the play was focused in and around the D of the penalty area, looking for one-two to get in behind. It became predictable, and their extra CB (Ariaudo) was an obvious player to stop that danger.

I agree with anyone saying that Juventus should look to dominate the game more. There seems to be arrogance within the team in thinking that they're more untouchable than they actually are because of the hard work which has already gone into putting the club in the good position it is already in. It would be worth making a change in the starting XI for the next match to keep everyone on their toes, Del Piero had a good 25 minutes which was a lot more lively than what Matri and Pepe did, their places should be in danger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)