[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (88 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
and why do we never try to shot at the goal? vuci matri and co had several opportunities to shot at the goal but took to long or decided to pass or dribble or just lose it

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Home, 1 - 1 v Bologna
Away, 1 - 1 v Catania
Away, 0 - 0 v Chievo
Home, 2 - 2 v Genoa
Away, 3 - 3 v Napoli
Away, 1 - 1 v Roma
Away, 0 - 0 v Udinese
Home, 1 - 1 v Cagliari

Should have won.

A couple were from bad tactics, and a couple from inadequate players.
But draws are positive.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #647
    Indeed, but it happened when Cagliari played 9 at the back and that neutralized everything Krasic has to offer. It was just a coincidence that he found himself in that 100% chance. Del Piero's sub and position on the field made more sense to me than Krasic's introduction.
    True. Also, the man was playing scared, his confidence is shattered.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    The 4-3-3 hasn't been creating for a long time. I really do think that a change in tactics is in order, something that will create a bit of space because we're playing constantly in congestion. I think trying the 4-2-4 again would be best.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    The 4-3-3 hasn't been creating for a long time. I really do think that a change in tactics is in order, something that will create a bit of space because we're playing constantly in congestion. I think trying the 4-2-4 again would be best.
    I seriously believe the problem is Pepe. Mirko has no problem creating and taking players on from the left, but you NEVER see anything EVER come from Pepe in that regard.

The burden always falls on Mirko.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Are you sure? From the three replays I couldn't see if it hit his hand at all and even if it did it looked more like ball to hand. Pirlo's handball was defo a penalty but Bonucci's "handball" not being called was imo a good decision.
    From what I saw there isn't much doubt that the ball hit his hand. His knee wasn't even raised when the ball deflected off something, and you see him pulling the hand to himself afterwards. Ball to hand or hand to ball isn't really that important in this scenario, had the ball not his Bonucci's hand - which was separated from the body in an unnatural position - Cagliari would have scored, or had a free header from 5m out. In my book that's a penalty. I'm not really sure if I'd rather take a loss now, and have the team face some important issues than keep shoveling hollow confidence in the form of this undefeated season.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Man Bonucci is horrible. We knew that. DC had a very nice game and I hope he starts the next game and Conte outs Chiello back at CB.
    I didn't like Conte's subs. Krasic's time is over here and Elia should have been on the bench. What am I saying, he should start over Pepe now.
    DP is DP and I hope he can resolve matches like this one but the years don't help.
    Astori was solid at the back. He's free in the summer and would be a solid CB backup. Nainggolan was good too.
    Borriello only had a few minutes but gave the winning ball to Milos.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Strangely I'm not too pissed off after this result. As Alen said earlier, you could just feel a performance/result like this was coming due to our bad finishing and or Bonucci brain fart. The players just need to refocus and find their feet again. January already seems to be yet another tough month for us.

May 4, 2004
    this shit ruined my day and even week. What a bad performance today. Pirlo did his typical shit of loosing the ball. How many times did Lichensteiner fail to stop the ball from a easy pass. And it's time for Vidal to finish the chances he get better. Bonucci Bonucci can't be trusted even sometimes he play well. Marchisio up and down in form. Sometimes plays great and sometimes inviseble. Vucinic try to much hard shit, and looks like it's a training for him. Krasic has been terrible and we should sell him, but part of this is that he doesen't feel confidence from Conte I think, but still he should do better. Del piero I never thougt this day would come but, I must say I rather see Pepe or even Matri on the pitch instead of him, as a starting player in Juve? No im sorry but no, as a sub? when needing a goal? No, he has skills that can open up a defence, but he is often to selfish, or he slow downs the play. I would rahter see Vucinic Boriello Elija in the last 20.. or even a all-in attack of Vucinic-Matri-Boriello-Eljia with Marchisio,Vidal in the middle.

Spot on!

frick

Apr 4, 2010
    And Matri's dive was hardly worth a penalty if you ask me. I'm just saying, they drew against us with the ref playing as our 12th player - so I'll go with the theory that they deserved the win.
    There's definitely contact and you can see that the impact affected Matri's feet.

We had better chances through and through. We deserve the win, Cagliari deserve their 1 point.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Guys, we did create enough 100% chances to win this game, in addition to some other good chances.

From the top of my head:
    - the goal
    - Vucinic's cross from the left found an open Pepe in the box. Pepe had time to choose where to head the ball but it was a bad header, easily saved.
    - Del Piero's open header
    - Vucinic from the left side blasted it wide from 3 meters.
    - Krasic open shot
    - Vidal's header in the end.

With the exception of Vidal's and Vucinic's chance, we created four 100% chances and we only converted one. We had enough chances so the blame is more on our converting rate than our creativity.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Strangely I'm not too pissed off after this result. As Alen said earlier, you could just feel a performance/result like this was coming due to our bad finishing and or Bonucci brain fart. The players just need to refocus and find their feet again. January already seems to be yet another tough month for us.
    How can one not be p'd off after that performance.

We've been performing badly for a while now and it doesn't bode well for the remainder of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)