[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (11 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
he was just another player tbh, didnt to anything del piero-ish

but he was offside on the header so that doesnt count
He was offside but the linesman didn't call it. He missed a 100% chance, a game winner. Just like Krasic did later.

Right now it sounds like hindsight, but during the match I knew that completely changing the attacking trio isn't very smart. Conte was silly to expect players who didn't play for months to bring him the win. It was obvious that all three were missing game practice. At least one or two of Pepe, Mirko and Matri should have continued playing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
As I said in the game thread, Cagliari fully deserved this draw. They were great in defense and midfield, really battled hard for the point. They also were denied two stonewall penalties.

PDC was man of the match for me. Stick it to the haters, son. He deserves a run in the back four IMO.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
As I said in the game thread, Cagliari fully deserved this draw. They were great in defense and midfield, really battled hard for the point. They also were denied two stonewall penalties.

PDC was man of the match for me. Stick it to the haters, son. He deserves a run in the back four IMO.
+rep.

Cagliari deserved to win this, the referee was an abomination. And yes PDC was mom by a mile, stick him to LB.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 7
Barzagli 6
Bonucci 5
De Ceglie 6.5

Vidal 5
Pirlo 5
Marchisio 5

Vucinic 7
Matri 5
Pepe 5

Del Piero 4
Krasic 3
Borriello -

Vucinic's goal - 10

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Everyone blaming Bonucci for the draw has missed the point.

Our team was playing at home, against a bottom half team, and could hardly create a chance.

Our MF was outmuscled, and our forwards were non-existent. We simply couldn't create chances and this is a huge worry for the remainder of the season because it wasn't only today. It was the same against Lecce, against Udinese, against Roma, Against Cesena (1-0 for most of the game until Q scored late).

We really struggle to create many chances and score many. WC strikers is what is required, not Matri's and Borriello's

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Another comment:

We deserved to lose this, Cagliari were robbed of two penalties, and the big chance Del Piero got was a clear offside. Licht should have got a yellow card for bitching in the first half, and he should have been sent off for his insane tackle on Naingolan. Every single call went our way, I can't wait to rot in Serie B again next year.
Why dont you go fuck yourself and root for another team crvena zvezda or partizan?

Pirlo's penalty looked like a chest at first. and ref was behind him couldn't see. Barzagli's hand was to his body and that is not a penalty, unless you don't know the rules.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
also I think this 4-3-3 is failing, we need to try 4-4-2 back!
The 433 has had us in first place all season, it isn't the formation, it's the players Conte keeps picking that's the problem. Players like Pepe, Krasic, Bonucci and now Borriello, that's our biggest problem.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We are going to have to get used to playing such motivated opponents in these next run of games, and someone in the attack has to step up and finish chances, or we will face more draws.

We lack a real class striker, which is why Milan will probably win the league playing at 70% whilst we put 100% effort in to just about beat or draw with teams.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #580
    Zero ball control today and we are becoming more repetitive and predictable than before. We're always trying to play, pass, finish the same way. We don't seem to change our style lately. Our approach is always the same.

And Conte shouldn't expect much from his bench players when he doesn't trust them in the first place and gives them confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)