[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 A.C. Milan [September 19th, 2021] (12 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I missed the game, I read we weren’t too bad. Another unlucky result, the team is in a fragile state mentally, we need some experienced individuals to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just read his interview again . 90% of the time he speaks about defense, errors in defense, and shit like that. Had juve scored 3 goals, that error or that milan goal would be irrelevant. To me it’s a problem when defending becomes a purpose on itself. The way i see it for Allegri not conceding is the most important thing in the game whether it is 0-0 1-0 or 2-0. So what old school italian coaches think is if you defend well the opponents will eventually make a mistake and you score. This mentally wont get you far, what if they dont make a mistake? Thats why you gotta push for 2nd 3rd 4th even 5th goal. On his 4-5 years here how many times did Juve score 5+ goals? I can recall only once. Id rather see juve draw 4-4 than 1-1 or win 6-3 like than 3-0. This is the reason i dont like Allegri. Im Juve fan because of Baggio not because of Scircea or whatever his name is. I like offensive good football.
We scored 5+ goals, 5 times under Max. Simple search would tell you this. Coincidentally we didn’t do it once under your hero. Also, Baggio era Juve scored far less goals/game than the worst Allegri season. Good job making yourself sound like a nincompoop. :lol2:

Also, “Scircea or whatever his name is” is 5x the Juventus legend Baggio is (who I also love). Way to disrespect one of the club’s greatest ever legends. Good on ya, showing your true colours. :baus:

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'd have preferred if we went defensive, over whatever we did in the last 20-25mins. De Ligt on, with Danilo in midfield would have brought some solidity. Allegri replaced offensive players with other offensive players, of which one was the rubbish Kulusevski. Chiesa did nothing and Kean is no Morata when it comes to relieving pressure by holding up the ball up front.
I'm worried about how gassed we are at 60 mins. With games coming thick and fast, I don't see that changing.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We scored 5+ goals, 5 times under Max. Simple search would tell you this. Coincidentally we didn’t do it once under your hero. Also, Baggio era Juve scored far less goals/game than the worst Allegri season. Good job making yourself sound like a nincompoop. :lol2:

Also, “Scircea or whatever his name is” is 5x the Juventus legend Baggio is (who I also love). Way to disrespect one of the club’s greatest ever legends. Good on ya, showing your true colours. :baus:
I believe the 86 league goals we scored in 2017-18 is our highest tally in 60 years.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Great 1st half and i thought, for once i’ll invest for sleep knowing that i’ll hit the gym and tennis court today and what i see when i woke up in the morning is 1-1?

Let me guess, playstation mentality and running out of gas, because no other way to fuck it up. We just ain’t in good enough shape and we’re talking about sports, when your physical condition plays the key role.

Im fucking devastated, smh.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... 90% of the time he speaks about defense, errors in defense, and shit like that....
let me put that into perspective

juve has 18 league matches without a clean sheet, which is the 3rd worst streak in club history and the longest current streak for any top5 league club. in serie a, the best defense wins the league in most of the cases. if we had a more stable defense we had 3 points against napoli, udinese and milan.

still not sure you get the point, so let me simplify that even more: this defense is costing us points. this is by far the most pressing issue with current juventus. we are not winning because we can't keep a score. the way we defend a scoreline can be debated, the necessity of it can't.

baggio won titles with juve because he had legendary defenders behind him. baggio won shit with inda and bologna because those clubs never had juve's defense.

"defense and shit" is the essence of juventus and italian football. this won the euro in the summer, this won us 9 league titles in a row.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
let me put that into perspective

juve has 18 league matches without a clean sheet, which is the 3rd worst streak in club history and the longest current streak for any top5 league club. in serie a, the best defense wins the league in most of the cases. if we had a more stable defense we had 3 points against napoli, udinese and milan.

still not sure you get the point, so let me simplify that even more: this defense is costing us points. this is by far the most pressing issue with current juventus. we are not winning because we can't keep a score. the way we defend a scoreline can be debated, the necessity of it can't.

baggio won titles with juve because he had legendary defenders behind him. baggio won shit with inda and bologna because those clubs never had juve's defense.

"defense and shit" is the essence of juventus and italian football. this won the euro in the summer, this won us 9 league titles in a row.
So whats your point? We must spend less energy on attack (as we believe we will still manage to score 1 goal as if thats a given) and then use more energy on defense? Even if that entails less threat to the opponent and inviting them to bombard us for 90 minutes? Is that the obvious solution here?

We obviously just need to be better in both ends, more output, more work and smarter work. A 1-0 with a super clean cleansheet is not better than a 2-1.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So whats your point?
must be joking, right?

the point is to make snobist (and it looks like others too) understand the perspective of what allegri tried to say.

any i'm not even going to try to explain why 1-0 is by far better than 2-1. i'm just suggesting you to check the results of our unbeaten 20-something match run in '15/16 when we started the season like a shaky, disinterested bunch.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
must be joking, right?

the point is to make snobist (and it looks like others too) understand the perspective of what allegri tried to say.

any i'm not even going to try to explain why 1-0 is by far better than 2-1. i'm just suggesting you to check the results of our unbeaten 20-something match run in '15/16 when we started the season like a shaky, disinterested bunch.
I am not expecting the repeat of 2015-16 season but let us see whether a win helps us to hit form and go on an winning run

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We look like a team that Roma or Napoli would create, good on their day, but overall top 5/6 team in the league.
Or maybe i should rather start comparing us too Arsenal?
With this Milan side we had to win, yet again we failed. There was no danger from us in the second half and Allegri is pity he didnt do more defensive changes..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Just read his interview again . 90% of the time he speaks about defense, errors in defense, and shit like that. Had juve scored 3 goals, that error or that milan goal would be irrelevant. To me it’s a problem when defending becomes a purpose on itself. The way i see it for Allegri not conceding is the most important thing in the game whether it is 0-0 1-0 or 2-0. So what old school italian coaches think is if you defend well the opponents will eventually make a mistake and you score. This mentally wont get you far, what if they dont make a mistake? Thats why you gotta push for 2nd 3rd 4th even 5th goal. On his 4-5 years here how many times did Juve score 5+ goals? I can recall only once. Id rather see juve draw 4-4 than 1-1 or win 6-3 like than 3-0. This is the reason i dont like Allegri. Im Juve fan because of Baggio not because of Scircea or whatever his name is. I like offensive good football.
If you are opposed to the importance of being solid defensively and quality defensive players I think you are likely supporting the wrong team.

We have gone 19 serie a rounds without keeping a clean sheet. We have 1 clean sheet since the 2nd March. Clean sheets are fundamental because you only need to score 1 goal to win. Amazed that there seems to be this mentality of ‘let’s score 6 goals’

We’re not even winning games, let’s start grinding out and winning games before we turn into this ruthless team you seem to be demanding… talk about making a jump. As for the disrespect to Scirea, one of our greatest ever players and someone that lost their life working for the club… speechless

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
If you are opposed to the importance of being solid defensively and quality defensive players I think you are likely supporting the wrong team.

We have gone 19 serie a rounds without keeping a clean sheet. We have 1 clean sheet since the 2nd March. Clean sheets are fundamental because you only need to score 1 goal to win. Amazed that there seems to be this mentality of ‘let’s score 6 goals’

We’re not even winning games, let’s start grinding out and winning games before we turn into this ruthless team you seem to be demanding… talk about making a jump. As for the disrespect to Scirea, one of our greatest ever players and someone that lost their life working for the club… speechless
what do you attribute to the individual mistakes that are happening in our game again shambolic defending in corner kicks when morata is there he jumps and there is no threat yet we see kean and rabiot clueless in the corner kicks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)