[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1 - 0 Siena (01/11/09) (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Mellberg

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• Zanetti

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am sure Denco started writing the petition on Sunday the 19th of January 2009 at 14:00 GMT. And you all know the consequences.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree with most of the valid points said here!
It was an ugly game, Siena seemed to have the upper-hand at times, which is a shame, considering the quality difference and the fact that we were playing at home.

But thanks to DP's brilliance, once again, our old guard/champions, made the difference and helped us to keep on track!
Although DP generally had a bad day, he has been slow and disappointing,
uninspired at the better case,
BUT, he was there in the two fazes we needed him the most, he scored one goal in an important moment within the game and saved us from another one, in a crucial moment too!
This way enough to help us collect all 3 points!

Although my expectations on Marchisio are raising, he still manages to amaze me,
a very mature player, for his age, when he will grow a bit older, he will become an excellent tool for our team. I can see him becoming even better than Conte!
His quiet but efficient work may be easily underestimated and i still believe we shouldnt have bought Poulsen and opt for a more attacking mind midfielder!
I wont regret us losing on Alonso though, with him around, Marchisio wouldnt have the chances he has now!

I am very sorry about Giovinco and the treatment he gets from CR, but i admire his passion and love/loyalty for our title. He is confident, he believes in himself and he wants to stay and fight, he is sure that he will earn his position given the chance! When this time comes, i m sure he wont miss it!

Neddy has rested and this was painfully obvious at the first minutes of the game.
It really proves that CR should give him the chance to rest, protecting him and the team, stepping up his efficiency!
His exp and will, were still of great service to us. But time has finally put his mark on him.
He has lost his acceleration, he cant track back as before and he cant create those deadly counterattacks, after stealing those balls in the middle of the field.
Hopefully he will stay with us in a managerial position and CR will not abuse him that much, by the end of this season, giving him the chance to rest every now and then...
But still his presence is important, (still our best winger defensive wise)
he is an example to all, his feel of the game and tactical awareness can still make the difference if he happens to be at the right place, at the right moment.
His understanding with DP is incredible!
They can find each other without any effort or eye contact.
They created a few magic moments, even our goal came from a foul Neddy earned and DP executed...

Once again, our defense has been our weakest link,
shaky and not as robust as before. Luckily, the opposition wasnt able to create any better chances and pose any serious problems.
I m still worried that they will flop against superior competition and pressure.
Watching Man-ure crashing Chel$ky though, made me feel a bit more confident:D

I still dont see the reason we insist on Molinaro, while wasting DC on the bench...

Grygera has shown some promise today, esp at his offensive efforts/supports, with great runs and decent crosses!

Marchionni has been once again our worst player on the pitch!
Although he is starting to find his touch, he still has some skills in him, a swift pass, a decent cross, an explosive dribbling... but... He just cant deliver!
I think he needs to be loaned into a smaller team so that he will find his grip again! If he doesnt, then good riddance...
I dont believe that Ekdall would do anything worse than that...
Hence, not even Salih... I pray that Camo will return, rather sooner than later!

I was very pleased to see Zanetti' s display, good old CZ, his exp is needed some times, he will be an invaluable asset in some important derbies.

Amauri has also been impressive, although he didnt score, he created a lot of chances none other of players could and at times, he was the only one pushing Siena back and make us feel threatening!
I was glad to see that the passport situation didnt affect him!
Have to point out though, that he is not as clinical as DP, or Treze and i am worried what will happen when we will pair him with the not so clinical Cassano (next year's transfer budget)...
I wont complain though, he has scored enough/regularly and he is ready to sacrifice for the team. This is important, as it will help him adapt faster and overcome many problems that might occur!
I am confident that we wont have any problems when Treze will return! (at least from Amauri's part)

And finally, Kudos to CR, for insisting on a CM, (Marchisio) when having the chance to field 2 DMs. (although we can be sure yet, if this choice was forced due to form/medical reasons) If he keeps doing that, or at least having the brains to adjust our team, as needed, he will earn my respect!!:xfinger:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Good post Cron. But here's what I think

- Ale wasn't off, nor any other player, the performance we gave was expected looking at this long break. Once we'll play more, we will return to where we left I think.

- Poulsen hasn't taken his real chances my man. Also we shouldn't put in mind that he was a disaster, because the matches he has featured/played he was decent not more not less.

- I don't think our defenders were the weak link. We haven't conceded and they have attacked us only in the last 10-15min which was normal. I agree concerning Marchionni, he's terrible and our worst player this season.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree with most of the valid points said here!
It was an ugly game, Siena seemed to have the upper-hand at times, which is a shame, considering the quality difference and the fact that we were playing at home.

But thanks to DP's brilliance, once again, our old guard/champions, made the difference and helped us to keep on track!
Although DP generally had a bad day, he has been slow and disappointing,
uninspired at the better case,
BUT, he was there in the two fazes we needed him the most, he scored one goal in an important moment within the game and saved us from another one, in a crucial moment too!
This way enough to help us collect all 3 points!

Although my expectations on Marchisio are raising, he still manages to amaze me,
a very mature player, for his age, when he will grow a bit older, he will become an excellent tool for our team. I can see him becoming even better than Conte!

I am very sorry about Giovinco and the treatment he gets from CR, but i admire his passion and love/loyalty for our title. He is confident, he believes in himself and he wants to stay and fight, he is sure that he will earn his position given the chance! When this time comes, i m sure he wont miss it!

Neddy has rested and this was painfully obvious at the first minutes of the game.
It really proves that CR should give him the chance to rest, protecting him and the team, stepping up his efficiency!
His exp and will, were still of great service to us. But time has finally put his mark on him.
He has lost his acceleration, he cant track back as before and he cant create those deadly counterattacks, after stealing those balls in the middle of the field.
Hopefully he will stay with us in a managerial position and CR will not abuse him that much, by the end of this season, giving him the chance to rest every now and then...
But still his presence is important, (still our best winger defensive wise)
he is an example to all, his feel of the game and tactical awareness can still make the difference if he happens to be at the right place, at the right moment.
His understanding with DP is incredible!
They can find each other without any effort or eye contact.
They created a few magic moments, even our goal came from a foul Neddy earned and DP executed...

Grygera has shown some promise today, esp at his offensive efforts/supports, with great runs and decent crosses!

Marchionni has been once again our worst player on the pitch!
Although he is starting to find his touch, he still has some skills in him, a swift pass, a decent cross, an explosive dribbling... but... He just cant deliver!
I think he needs to be loaned into a smaller team so that he will find his grip again! If he doesnt, then good riddance...
I dont believe that Ekdall would do anything worse than that...
Hence, not even Salih... I pray that Camo will return, rather sooner than later!

I was very pleased to see Zanetti' s display, good old CZ, his exp is needed some times, he will be an invaluable asset in some important derbies.

Amauri has also been impressive, although he didnt score, he created a lot of chances none other of players could and at times, he was the only one pushing Siena back and make us feel threatening!
I was glad to see that the passport situation didnt affect him!
Have to point out though, that he is not as clinical as DP, or Treze and i am worried what will happen when we will pair him with the not so clinical Cassano (next year's transfer budget)...
I wont complain though, he has scored enough/regularly and he is ready to sacrifice for the team. This is important, as it will help him adapt faster and overcome many problems that might occur!
I am confident that we wont have any problems when Treze will return! (at least from Amauri's part)

And finally, Kudos to CR, for insisting on a CM, (Marchisio) when having the chance to field 2 DMs. (although we can be sure yet, if this choice was forced due to form/medical reasons) If he keeps doing that, or at least having the brains to adjust our team, as needed, he will earn my respect!!:xfinger:
:tup:

Most unusual for me to agree with this much of one of your posts. :p

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Good post Cron. But here's what I think

- Ale wasn't off, nor any other player, the performance we gave was expected looking at this long break. Once we'll play more, we will return to where we left I think.

- Poulsen hasn't taken his real chances my man. Also we shouldn't put in mind that he was a disaster, because the matches he has featured/played he was decent not more not less.

- I don't think our defenders were the weak link. We haven't conceded and they have attacked us only in the last 10-15min which was normal. I agree concerning Marchionni, he's terrible and our worst player this season.
Indeed, i m sure that he will return to his previous form, both him and the rest of the team. I only meant that he was less impressive than other times!
He used to be brilliant before the break, he really raised the standards and my expectations:D I know he can do much better than that, i ve seen it!

About Poulsen, my comment was mostly, about his tactical use and needs of our team. I see balance in our team, with two DMs (Sissoko, CZ) and two CM's (Tiago, Marchisio), 4 players for 2 positions.
The need to invest such a sum, for a limited player like Poulsen was unnecessary in my eyes! Partly because i had faith on Marchisio, partly because i feel the tactical need to add an AMF and partly because i would rather prefer us to keep those money and invest it, either in another place, or replacing Tiago with the added sums of his sale, to bring in a quality player(Alonso+) with a better potential.
Or we could find a free agent or youngster for DM, as 3rd choice (there are in abundance in Italy) and buy a defender In Poulsen's price and age and in Mellberg's salary. Defenders being cheap, could have been a much more promising player and an investment for the future! This is what i am regretting watching Poulsen and CZ on our bench and tomorrow Marchisio and Tiago.
I had no intent to flame/blame Poulsen himself for his performance or injury,
he has done gone enough,considering he just returned from his injury...
I regret his return/presence mostly as a tactical choice, who will make us one dimensional!

I do raise this matter now, to point out, that the change in our scheme from a 4-4-2 with 2 DMs to a 4-4-2 with 1 DM+ 1CM, brought more balance in our team and ended our crisis.
The presence of the maximum amount of our DMs, threatens this scheme,
because we have seen CR, favors the 2 DMs above all, no matter what!

Hopefully CR has learned smth. But if he repeats the same mistakes, i want to make it clear from now, for every one to see it!
With the re-tired Neddy-Sissoko-Poulsen-Marchionni, i see us struggling bad, as before, to create any chances up front...
Watching CZ and Poulsen returning, i see the threat coming...

As for our defense, the way i see it, it is a sad situation, they are just not efficient enough, our midfield line has to do defensive work for them and they force our forward line to work for our creativity lacks of our midfield line, compromising our balance and their roles!
Against inferior teams, like Siena, i expect us to overcome them at each and every line. But our defense seems vulnerable and fragile at times, forcing us to pull back to compensate!
Imagine a dominant defense, with quality CBs like old Canna and Thuram, to single handed intercept opposition attackers and Zambro and Chiellini, quality fullbacks to provide advanced support to our midfield, that would give them the ability to roam freely up front and create an abundance of chances, for our world class forwards to take advantage of and score many goals, without taking any/less risks, tactically!
This team, would be strong and confident and they would probably risk much less, to end up games like this one, into a 0-0. Wasting less points, winning more games, collecting more points with better chances for titles!
No matter if DP is there to share his brilliance or not!

We dint concede against Siena, but they way we reacted to their attacks when they pushed forward, the amount of chances we let them to have,
the potential of these attacks, the un-calculated risk, does not make me feel confident for them.
A similar performance against a superior team,(Inter Chelsea) with quality forwards who dont forgive (Zlatan, Drogba), would have been...regrettable...
(well not if Chiellini and Buffon have anything to say about that:juvefan2: )

I m sure that we will improve and become better when all of our players are fully recovered and more motivated, when fielded against the better teams,
but the lack of focus and the inability to use our superiority in such games, like the ones vs Siena, is what makes the difference of winning a title or not.
The very same performance, but with a small mistake at the back, or a Siena player aiming better to our goal and the resulting equalizer would have been a disaster.
That would have been beyond our hand, it was not up to us if they were to miss those late chances or not. We ought to stop them before they ve reached there!
The rest of our lines gave them no such a chance, our forward line scores and our midfield dominates!

PS for the ones accustomed to my... "preaching" read only the underlined text, you lazy bones:p
The rest of the members are presented with an extended view on the matter,
to understand the meaning of our discussion and participate as equals!

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Yeah I prefer 1DM and 1CM in the middle of the park. Playing 2DM is a bore and snorefest.

Nedved still reads the game well but his legs are not there. I hope he also stays on as a manager and helps the youngsters develop.

DP has never been known for a great workrate off the ball, but his efficiency is fantastic.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yup
Poulsen is not what we needed
He actually a good DM, but we already have 2 very great DM (Momo, CZ)

that's why we actually need AM
It's different watch Juve - Siena (with Neddy and Marco nor perform well)
than Juve - Catania (when Gio plays as AM amazingly and helps Marco to play well too)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)