[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
433 looks like the solution for a better defense (Chiellini's and Benatia's brainfarts permitting, imo it was Chiellini's fault also the ball Roma hit the post earlier).

But without Dybala we rely too much on Pjanic for criativity.

If Mario as a LW was a need for the 2 men midfield work, what's the reason now? Of course he still is important, but with 3 mids it's important that the wingers are as offensive as possible.

At the same time, I don't think Dybala can play as a winger or inside forward. It's AMC or CF for him.

In other words, still need better tuning on the offensive end. The way it is we may fight for the scudetto, but will be out of CL in no time.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #265
    433 looks like the solution for a better defense (Chiellini's and Benatia's brainfarts permitting, imo it was Chiellini's fault also the ball Roma hit the post earlier).

If Mario as a LW was a need for the 2 men midfield work, what's the reason now? Of course he still is important, but with 3 mids it's important that the wingers are as offensive as possible.

At the same time, I don't think Dybala can play as a winger or inside forward. It's AMC or CF for him.

In other words, still need better tuning on the offensive end. The way it is we may fight for the scudetto, but will be out of CL in no time.
    :tup:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

To me, it looks very solid to grind out wins against attacking CL sides.

I don't think Allegri is done tinkering. Dybala on bench in every game can't be a long-term plan.

Half-fit Mandzukic started this game because Florenzi was the RB. Cuadrado was used to send in crosses at the far post. Didn't work as well as vs Inter. EDF was smarter.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
    I love clean sheets. That was our 8th one. Roughly, we haven't conceded for 12 hours so far. Much better than winning games 3-2 to me. :D

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #276
    I love clean sheets. That was our 8th one. Roughly, we haven't conceded for 12 hours so far. Much better than winning games 3-2 to me. :D
    @Alen - would you happen to know what our previous record stretch was for not conceding?

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #278
    Man I wish we had a faster striker...Higuain never ever out runs the defense for pace.

- - - Updated - - -

from watching schick tear past our guys to higuain having a head start and still getting to the ball last :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)