[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The things I thought:

- Allegri said Cuadra might play FB this game. Was never gonna happen vs Roma but mistranslation? Did he mean WB, or can we see Cuadra at RB in the future?

- As for starting XI, Cuadrado sending in crosses to a Mandzukic being marked by Florenzi made sense. Wasn't sure about starting a half-fit player though esp with so many attacking options. Unlike Inter, Roma limited Cuadrado's crossing and doubled up on Mandzukic.

- Lacked a little attacking verve. Roma struggles to score but is very good defensively. With that front 3, Bentancur should've started at RCM. Could've used his technique over Khedira's positioning. But didn't matter in the end in 1st half because we got our goal.

- Cuadra should've stayed on a little longer and then get subbed by Lichtsteiner. Berna made our right flank weaker during our closing stages. Matuidi's injury didn't help defensively.

- Khedira was even worse in this game. Confidence hit rock-bottom.

- Roma for the 1st 70 mins had the same body language as Inter and Napoli. Lacked confidence in themselves. Don't know if it was because they were facing us or because of loss vs Torino & their struggle to score weighing down on them lately. Prolly all of the above. Had nothing to lose in the end & were buoyed by positive subs & directions from EDF & their chances. In comparison, Napoli had given up after 70 mins, at home.

- Voycheck showed his doubters why he was picked. Chiellini & Benatia need to make better decisions with the ball. One-off for Benatia, persisting theme for Chiellini this season.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #243
    :tup:
    It is worrying. But most teams deal with this issue more or less when they miss as many chances as we do today and end up at 1-0 with 10 minutes left. It's probably incredibly frustrating as a player to dominate like that and end up in a nail biter anyways.

I still think this team lacks something in terms of mentality. Probably in part due to the high turnover in transfer windows, and perhaps something to do with Allegri's methods of motivation. Who really knows the reason though.
    Our confidence is sky high right now, you can see it by the way we play the ball out of the back. We take a lot of risks back there but I think our confidence has something to do with it now. We have finally stopped leaking goals and now teams are looking at us the same way they did for the last 6 years.

Our play in the final third/inside the box needs some massive improvement. We could have SO MANY more goals this season.

Think about it, we have more players on our team that have scored (13) than any other team in the league...Higuain should be much more prolific than he is. Also, our counters are really REALLY annoying. Need to work on those.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Well if teams go all in against us and we react in this manner then it is really worrying. Or it explains how we lost in Cardiff.
    Agree. Normally we're the team with most energy in the last minutes of the game. And I don't get why the team looked so dead, cause it seemed like they didn't do that much and easily could turn up another gear. I guess they got nervous. Benatia and Chiellini's communication was oddly out of touch.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #247
    I can conclude one thing from this match, Roma are a much better team than Napoli. They are the team that plays beautiful football!
    Napoli's play is this: Get ball to Insigne, who cuts in, plays lofty ball to Callejon back post. Rinse and repeat.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
    May 2, 2017
    I can conclude one thing from this match, Roma are a much better team than Napoli. They are the team that plays beautiful football!
    indeed and you can see that from their champions league performances this season...they also have better depth than napoli

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    That was obviously Benatia fault. You always clear the ball in such circumstances.
    Chiellini was the one to clear it, Benatia was just quicker and panicked once he saw Giorgio next to him. if he just goes out of the way, Chiellini kick it forward. then the other issue, why is Chiellini coming over if Benatia is the closest to the ball, instead of spreading out and giving him a passing option.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Chiellini was the one to clear it, Benatia was just quicker and panicked once he saw Giorgio next to him. if he just goes out of the way, Chiellini kick it forward. then the other issue, why is Chiellini coming over if Benatia is the closest to the ball, instead of spreading out and giving him a passing option.
    Lol what? The only thing the players should be thinking about here should be kicking the damn ball to the moon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)