[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
433 was great. We absolutely dominated them for 80+ minutes. Selections and subs were the problem.
I fail to see what's so great about it? Khedira was our most advanced midfielder and offered nothing in attack. Matuidi - Nainggollan battle was great but Khedira vs Strootman was just useless to play an extra CM for, the latter did nothing but horizontal passes.

It could be a nice formation but not with Khedira in it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
3 points against Roma for our roma players is the only thing good in this game

We look awesome for 30 min with this "new" high tempo tactis till we got tired like obviously it would happened... and it's gonna happen in any game we can't close it early

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
22 attempts, 8 on target. Multiple easy chances missed by Higuain, Mandzu, Khedira, Matuidi, Pjanic off the bar.

How anyone could possibly think that we didn't create a boatload of excellent chances tonight is beyond me?

We dominated Roma. Unfortunately our forwards have forgotten how to score lately. It was the same against Inter.

Now that we have our defensive issues from early season sorted out, if we can get our finishing boots back on like in early season we will be in great shape for the run in of all competitions.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Szczesny for me clearly MotM. But I think Manzukic deserved a nomination. This guy catches almost every standard in defence. This is crazy. In the air he's fucking unbeatable.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Starting formation was great. First half was great. Should have been ahead by more than 1-0.

2nd half the team faded. Needed better subs. Dybala should have come on for Higuain at 60th minute at least. No-brainer sub that one.

Overall tactics were fine. They couldn't last 90 minutes though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
22 attempts, 8 on target. Multiple easy chances missed by Higuain, Mandzu, Khedira, Matuidi, Pjanic off the bar.

How anyone could possibly think that we didn't create a boatload of excellent chances tonight is beyond me?

We dominated Roma. Unfortunately our forwards have forgotten how to score lately. It was the same against Inter.

Now that we have our defensive issues from early season sorted out, if we can get our finishing boots back on like in early season we will be in great shape for the run in of all competitions.
:agree: :agree:

It may not be the most exciting looking lineup but we outplayed the shit out of both Inter and Roma, could've won 3-0 if we had better play in final 3rd

I think part of that is down to our choices in lineup though. When we play with Manbro, Cuads, Matuidi, and Khedira we dominate the opponent physically and in midfield but none of these players are particularly technical enough to impress in the final 3rd. Not really the sort of players you want crossing or making a late run into the box

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

But our full backs remain an issue with Alex sandro not feeling happy at juve

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

So what do you call the total collapse in the last ten minutes?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Except Higuaín's chances , the rest were half chances only because a guy of Higuaín's calibre should be finishing those chances. We need to make a distinction between clear cut chances and half chances. In Higuaín's case, he just had to shoot accurately at goal and he failed.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Szczesny for me clearly MotM. But I think Manzukic deserved a nomination. This guy catches almost every standard in defence. This is crazy. In the air he's fucking unbeatable.
glad you mention that. whenever we are being pressed, we just hoof it to Mario and he takes it down to Matuidi or AS. thats why hes the real MVP

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #218
    It doesn't seem on purpose. Players looked exhausted over there, from the 65th minute on. And it took ages for Allegri to start subbing guys.
    Max only used 2 subs.

how many times a season does he do that? Seems like it happens frequently

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I hope this 433 experiment stops here..
    It won't.

I want to watch Dybala play football too, but he's the unfortunate victim of our (successful) attempts to fix the main problem. Since we did fix the main problem and we kept a clean sheet against Barcelona, Inter, Napoli, Roma and 4 other teams, we won't switch to another formation. In Juventus it will always be about not conceding before scoring 2, 3 or 4 goals. We are not conceding and we don't give away chances because our midfield trio and the wide players are doing an amazing defensive job. It's frustrating that Dybala has to be the victim, but it's pleasing to win matches and it's really hard to argue against this 4-3-3. I bet Allegri did not make this choice so easy and I think that, as much as he is happy to be winning without conceding, he is also frustrated that he has to bench Dybala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)