[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Cagliari, April 11th, 2010 (62 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
without diego and sissoko, revetring back to a 4-4-2 does look safer. gio, camo, dp and marchisio pushing forward from the middle does offer a lot more balance when attacking.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
We have to win today.. I am sick of us losing :( .. Palermo most probably are going to win today or at the worst draw. We have to keep pressure on them. Palermo are yet to loose on home grounds (unlike us ofcourse :( ) and bets are they won't start today.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
cossu is a very talented player and matri has his finishing boots on this season

but hopefully for the sake of gigi and chielli the boys will pull their heads up and pull one of those big home wins

im gona go krazy and say 4-2 juve

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Juventus stumbles again

Juventus came into this game agianst Cagliari carrying a a big bag of bad results from their disastrous season.

In the 11th minute, Chiellini gives Juventus an early lead through a header, converte from a corner by camoranesi. Zaccheroni then took off del piero and trezeguet and put on salihamediz and Melo to try to hold on to their 1-0 lead.

After just 4 minutes, Cagliari got the equaliser. De Ceglie misplaced his pass and Cagliari scored via a counter attack.

Before halftime, Cagliari took the lead. De Ceglie, who was very ineffective on the left wing, once again, misplaced one of his pass to a Cagliari striker and Cagliari scored with Buffon stranded without defender and 3 on rushing strikers.

After the break, despite the fans calling for Giovinco, Zacceheroni chose to take off Sissoko, and put on Legrottaglie, in an attempt to make Juventus look like their usual looser self this season.

And his wish became reality as Juventus conceded the third goal. De Ceglie once again misplaced his pass to a Cagliari striker and as the striker was advancing on goal, Legrottaglie pulled his shirt and both of them fell. Legrottaglie was injured in the process and was stretchered off with a red card.

Cagliari scored from the spot and the game ended 3-1 to cagliari.

------------------------------------------------

After the game, Zaccheroni stated " Today, we played well but got unlucky, we will go back to working hard and win the next game."

Diego, after the game " This is football, if you play well, you may still loose. this is what happened to us today. But, I will make sure we win the next game."

De Ceglie, post match conference "mistakes happen to all players, today i am on my off day. I am sorry, but in the next game, i will win it for my juventus fans."

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I would of liked to see Del Piero starting but with two wingers who can both cross a ball, having two target men kind of makes sense.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Thats actually a really good midfield we have there. Too bad Diego is injured cause I would have def taken out Iaqui or Amauri and had him on behind one striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)