[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Udinese (August 23rd, 2015) (13 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ya'll should stop panicking. It's one game, it just happens to be our first game.

I do think Allegri's to decision to field a 3-5-2 WITH Coman instead of Dybala was questionable (retarded) but he'll learn from it. He's not as stubborn as Conte.

I'd be more upset about our player missing good chances in front of goal.
So instead of actually looking good and missing chances you'd rather the team look completely hapless? This team is an embarrassment.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Makes a change seeing the meltdown in a match thread at the end of August rather than a transfer thread, but this was just what we didn't need.

A bit early to talk about it being disastrous, and you get a lot of random results early season, but considering our home record and with that being the first game it sends out exactly the wrong signal from a psychological point of view. Other teams will see this and think maybe we are a soft touch this year, and when teams aren't as scared of you it makes games harder to dominate.

We could blow that away by winning at Roma next week, but that would be a surprise result after seeing that. Starting Coman and Manzdukic (not 100% fit, clearly) is very questionable. The formation less so for the start of the game at least, considering injuries, but we should have adapted. Pogba trying to do everything himself. Udinese defended well but it has to be said that the ball broke for them in pretty much every situation.

I think they caught us really cold early in the season, but these sort of losses take big performances to come back from. I like to think we have those in us but really this is a new team now past the defence, and we don't know what they are capable of yet.
:agree:

It is a bit up in the air right now, we need to beat Roma but who knows how we will bounce back, take into account that we are still missing a lot of good players through injury as well. Will be a hard game...But if we don't win (or at least draw) we are in some early trouble.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What a terrible start! Udinese are an extremely poor team that in the first half, we didn't even try and still dominated the match. I thought things will change in the second but we continued to lack ideas and our midfielders went from active to terrible namely Pogba followed by Pereyra and Lichtsteiner (if he counts as a midfielder now) Evra didn't help either and continued to deliver those lame balls in from the very few attempts he got. Not being willing to change formation was even worse than that starting lineup from Allegri. I know we are full of injuries but our quality should not drop that much. Some say luck, I say bull$#@!. The team is weaker and we are missing all three players in that order Tevez, Vidal and Pirlo. I liked Mandzukic a lot and wanted him to score but after Coman left he did not get served at all, not a single ball. I really liked the idea of Pogba being the new leader but if he really wants to be a new leader then he should start being one instead of deteriorating into oblivion when it really mattered.

If we don't act on our weaknesses immediately we are going to have one hell of a ride.

Buffon 6

Barzagli 6
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6

Lichtsteiner 5
Pereyra 5.5
Padoin 5
Pogba 4.5
Evra 5

Coman 6
Mandzukic 6

Dybala 6
Isla 5
Llorente 5
IMO

Buffon 5

Barzagli 6
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6

Lichtsteiner 4
Pereyra 5
Padoin 4
Pogba 4
Evra 6

Coman 5
Mandzukic 5

Dybala 6
Isla 2
Llorente 4

Morata

Aug 22, 2015
my inter friends were right
the cycle is over and next season barzagli will retire, pogba will leave, dybala will be sold after scoring a mere 7 goals in all comps, and mandzukic will become amauri

dark times ahead
Mandzukic is not the answer for Juve the man was average for Atletico last season, he was only good at Bayern because of the service he got. Juve should of been all over Carlos Bacca that man is money in front of goal, Zaza should of never been bought as Juve could of used that money on a number 10 like Alex Teixeira or Payet.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I'm worried only about the formation. Some people can't see how retarded 3-5-2 is.

We played a home game against the 16-th team from last season. Yet we chose to play with three CBs, no wingers, no AM. We could easily put Sandro on the left wing and Pereyra on the right with Sturaro and Pogba in the middle. So, it's easy to change the team. But with 3-5-2 you can't expect some creative outcome upfront even if we get Gotze, Draxler or Mikhitardasdasda. 3-5-2 suited well Pirlo for a long time, but now we must let it go.

3-5-2 is dead, please, let it go. Please Allegri, I know you see it too.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
my inter friends were right
the cycle is over and next season barzagli will retire, pogba will leave, dybala will be sold after scoring a mere 7 goals in all comps, and mandzukic will become amauri

dark times ahead
:rofl: We´re gonna finish at least 12 points over Inter... Roma, Lazio and Napoli are the teams they need to worry, we are so over his level... Inter LB and RB are a joke

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We just gave Roma like tons of confidence to go all out, win next game and go 4 points clear on us right at the season start.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Actually what allegri tried made sense

Dybala for Coman was logical. At the time we were creating chances all the time.

When we got behind, we put Llorente+Mandzukic in the box, and Isla on the flank. Basically expecting Isla and Evra to pump crosses to both players who have a great heading game.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
It wont ensure anything, if anything people will claim that the lose came due to the team needing more time to gel, when there was only one new player in the starting 11
“Everyone needs patience, as it is a transitional year, but that doesn’t mean we’ve lost before we begin. There are many young players here and we have to put them in the best condition to do well.”
Bonucci :D after the game.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
You celebrated Udinese's goal...
And you think I celebrated because I was happy? Remember that scene from breaking bad where Walt was looking for the money In the basement that his wife gave to her boss and started laughing like a maniac?

That was me.

And the first reaction from Allegri is to sub out pereyra.

I am not watching another Juve game with 3-5-2. I love this team too much that it makes me physically ill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)