[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Udinese (August 23rd, 2015) (1 Viewer)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You're making things up now. I clearly didn't say that

I find your dismissive attitude a little pathetic. The concept of a striker being a fantastic finisher, but a poor footballer in general isn't as asinine as you make it seem.

For example. As fantastic a striker as Inzagi was I don't think a team could win a competitive league with a striker like him nowadays. I think football has moved on.

All I was trying to say is that sometimes a striker that scores less would increase the total output of a side vs someone who scores more. Not an outlandish claim. Yet some people can't get past this simplistic notion that, "he's a striker, all he has do is score goals"
You are right.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You're making things up now. I clearly didn't say that

I find your dismissive attitude a little pathetic. The concept of a striker being a fantastic finisher, but a poor footballer in general isn't as asinine as you make it seem.

For example. As fantastic a striker as Inzagi was I don't think a team could win a competitive league with a striker like him nowadays. I think football has moved on.

All I was trying to say is that sometimes a striker that scores less would increase the total output of a side vs someone who scores more. Not an outlandish claim. Yet some people can't get past this simplistic notion that, "he's a striker, all he has do is score goals"
You need a team strong enough to be able to effectively play most of a game with just ten players in order to carry a poacher in the hope he gets goals.

But a poacher is still a perfectly legitimate, viable option in football just now.

But this debate isn't relevant to Juve because none of Juve's strikers is a pure poacher who won't contribute to a team more generally.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Last one i recall beeing close to that was Diego Milito
Always regarded him as a reasonably well-round No. 9, rather than a poacher.

Sure, he knew how to position himself in the box, but I wouldn't compare him to guys like Inzaghi and Trezeguet.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
True, more involved. Equally effective tho. Especially when it counts.

Scoring 1 in 2 games for over 10 years, most of those played at crappy teams is hugely impressive imo

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Adam Rooney is the guy you're after.

28 goals last season (5 penalties).

15 of the goals came from inside the six-yard box. :tuttosport:

Up to 40 goals in 75 appearance for us now.

There are a lot of good poachers as you go down the levels, but they are sadly absent at the top.

Javier Hernandez was the last one I saw the potential in to become very good, but he hasn't developed.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It was a $#@! performance. We looked disjointed and clueless. We didn't really create any clear cut chances, and the team lacked cohesion, charisma, and personality out there. However, Udinese didn't do $#@! either and scored with their first attempt on target. Lichtsteiner was just trailing his marker and ball watching. Pathetic. Pogba was nonexistent, and we just looked pretty bad out there.

It pisses me off that we lost our home Serie A record (first loss at home since January 2013; only Inter (the $#@!s) and Samp have beaten us at home since we relocated), and for the 1st time ever lost an opening Serie A game when playing on home turf. It is pretty depressing, but you don't lose the league in week 1, so no need to panic. Once the team starts to gel, we get our injured guys back, and get that $#@!ing TQ/AM, we will be fine. It is still our title to lose, and none of the "title challengers" have shown enough thus far to suggest they can dethrone us.
He has a habit of this at times. Ronaldo goal for example.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
In my opinion we lacked the final touch. Poor finishing, to be more exact. Creativity obviously dropped since both Pirlo and Vidal are gone. Pogba is a great individual but not a leader [well not yet, at least]. I believe we will improve, especially when the injured players recover. By the way, Dybala should be a starter because Coman can't score a goal if his life depended on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)