Serie A Goalkeepers 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Hey Guys,

These are the averages for all goalkeepers in Serie A so far for the first 11 matches, i.e. beside the name of each GK you’ll find the average number of minutes which are played before he had a goal in his nets:

Abbiati 399.5.

Andujar 135
Squizzi 135
Dida 110
Curci 105
Campagnolo 105

Cesar 90
Doni 90
Toldo 90
Caglioni 90

Fontana 85.5
Frey 82.5
Peruzzi Lazio 82
De Sanctis 81.81
Zancopi 80

Ballotta 78.75
Amelia 76.15
Coppola 70.71

Pavarini 68.13
Bucci 67.5
Berti 66
Chimenti 63.67

Antonioli 58.24
Storari 56.25
De Lucia 56
Sereni 50.5

Mirante 49.5
Santoni 48.43
Carini 48.21
Sicignano 47.14
Pelizzoli 44.5
Handanovic 44.17
Guardalben 42

Lupatelli 35.82

Paoletti 18

My Personal Evaluation:

1.The Best goalkeeper for the last season, Buffon, didn’t play one minute making it possible for Abbiati to top the contenders.

2.Andujar of Palermo and Squizzi of Chievo played great roles although this will be proved or denied if they have the chance to play more.

3.Juve: Abbiati made a very great start with Juve, but we shouldn’t forget that he left the dirty and the difficult work for Mr. Chimenti who improved alittle but he’s still very far from being a good goalkeeper.

4.Chievo: The goalkeeping position seems to be having the best 2 players in the whole formation (Squizzi and Fontana are doing great job).

5.Milan: Dida kept his great defending for his nets for another season.

6.Roma: Curci has much improved since last season, and the another Romanista, Doni, is also promising.

7.Inter: A strange coincidence in Inter statistics is that Cesar and Toldo had the same average although Cesar played 10 matches and Toldo played only one match.(Statistics say that Inter concede one goal each full match).

8.Fiorentina: Frey has much improved since last season.

9.Cagliari: Campagnolo should be given more chance to show his abilities as Mr. Carini passes a very bad stage of his career. Carini has lost his good reputition in his new club.

10.Livorno: Amelia became better than last season but not with a very big difference.

11.Palermo: This club has two options ahead: Playing Andujar more or keeping depending on a very stupid goalkeeper called Santoni. Guardalben although he didn’t play much, but his performance was bad relative to what he’s done last season.

12.Messina: Also here Caglioni should be given a bigger chance knowing that Mr. Storari is doing a very poor performance.

13.Ascoli: Coppola is doing a fairly good job along with his teammates.

14.Lazio: Although Peruzzi and Ballotta are improving, but I think this club deserves more attention to the goalkeeping position and decreasing playing Sereni.

15.Empoli: Berti has better capabilities than what he provided to his club this season.

16.Treviso: The coach is doing his best by playing Zancopi more than Handanovic. Handanovic’s level is going down surprisingly.

17.Sampdoria: Antonioli’s level is also going down and affecting all his team’s results.

18.Reggina: Pavarini should be preferred over Pelizzoli anytime.

19.These 4 clubs should make the red light on because their goalkeepers are doing the worst performance in the league:

•Parma: Bucci, De Lucia and Lupatelli are not the perfect choices for a club famous of raising goalkeeping legends like Parma.

•Udinese: If De Sanctis is absent, I think playing without a goalkeeper will be much better than playing the league’s joke: Paoletti.

•Siena: Meranti is doing stupid performance that could give him the priority to go to Serie C. As a Juventino, I hate the day that this guy will come back to us.

•Lecce: By knowing that the best of this club’s products was Chimenti, Sicignano is making the same steps to be another stupid goalkeeper.

20.Missed Goalkeepers this season: Aside from Buffon, Pagliuca, Mazzoni and Cauldrons are missed so much in the league.

21.For the best of the Serie A, these goalkeepers from the past season were not played this season:

Manninger
Eleftheropolus
Ketergiannakis
Turci
Cejas
Roccati
Casazza
Marcon
Brunner
Rosati
Santoro

Be free to share us your thoughts about anything linked to goalkeepers in Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Luciano_Moggi ] ++

•Siena: Meranti is doing stupid performance that could give him the priority to go to Serie C. As a Juventino, I hate the day that this guy will come back to us.

Be free to share us your thoughts about anything linked to goalkeepers in Serie A.
i havent seen many Siena games but i have heard great things about Mirante, despite letting in a lot of goals. You gotta remember he has 10 siena teammates in front of him, whose defense probs isnt the best.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++

i havent seen many Siena games but i have heard great things about Mirante, despite letting in a lot of goals. You gotta remember he has 10 siena teammates in front of him, whose defense probs isnt the best.
    Yes, the goalkeeper shouldn't be blamed for all the goals, but also Chievo has 11 players and its 2 goalkeepers are much better than Mirante.

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++

mirante have a big future, he is better then abbiati and chimenti and bonnefoi together, statistics doesnt say everything about somethings

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino783 ] ++

mirante have a big future, he is better then abbiati and chimenti and bonnefoi together, statistics doesnt say everything about somethings
    I support you that statistics are not saying everything, but believe me I watched him in many matches this season, and he's very bad...

He has no confidence of himself!!

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Luciano_Moggi ] ++

I support you that statistics are not saying everything, but believe me I watched him in many matches this season, and he's very bad...

He has no confidence of himself!!

it dont seems to me so, but everyone has his opinion

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    there is no way that abbiati should be topping that list.
    his goal conceding average may look good,but its got more to do with a great defence line being infront of him and pieces of luck where the opposition failed to capitalize on his mistakes.
    his form has been anything but good.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    there is no way that abbiati should be topping that list.
    his goal conceding average may look good,but its got more to do with a great defence line being infront of him and pieces of luck where the opposition failed to capitalize on his mistakes.
    his form has been anything but good.
    Indeed, our defenders and our 2 midfield engines have been doing their job well, making our defence very solid and making Abbiati's job easier to do. The statistics only hides the truth.

Form anything but good? Well he might be shaky and inconsistent during the start of the season, but at least he is getting his confidence back. There r times in which Abbiati performed while at some games (Inter + Holland) in which he made stupid mistakes (eg Bayern away). Inconsistency I would say. Anyway I would like to see how he performs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)