[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (36 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Buffon - Solid

Grygera - Solid in defence, his usual self in attack
Legrottaglie - Some daft fouls, lost Crespo for the goal
Chiellini - Okay-ish
Grosso - Poor

Melo - Solid
Poulsen - Good first half, bad second
Marchisio - Awesome
Camoranesi - Tried hard, but to little effect. Bocchetti did a good job marking him

Amauri - Works hard, but nothing is working for him just now
Iaquinta - Brilliant

Giovinco - ...
Trez - :delpiero:

Ferrara - Good starting line-ups, but could maybe have made subs a little earlier

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol: @ swag for voting for Poulsen.
What's with the Poulsen and Grosso hate, desperate search for spacegoats?
It's the second match in a row where we were essentially playing with 10 men. I'd rather have a red carded Camo in the locker room than a Poulsen on the pitch. Both have the same level of match impact.

Poulsen got more involved in this match more than his ghost-like absence in the last. But he added nothing today and hurt us on too many occasions.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I vote for ref as the man of the match. Retarded decisions. The Rossi guy who played on RWB was making many fouls and should have been booked by the end of first half, yet got his yellow in the 93 minute. In the mean time Melo got his booking after his first real foul.

Then there is the call for offside, one was offside, but the other goal wasnt. Saw the reply. Robbed.

I still will give Genoa credit. They are a good side. With Diego, DP back i think we would have won this. I dont think Camo really excels at the AM position.

Also interesting to note, in couple of games now, Grosso can make the crucial block on a shot in the edge of the box, but his getting raped when it comes to man to man fights, its been going on now for many games. And its something what is hurting us, Chiellini has to come out of central position to help him out. Not liking this. Truth is, that has never been Grossos better part of the game. His more offensive.

But Melo is definitely contributing in the defence. Which is nice to see. Trying to help out the CD duo, which we missed in the previous games.

Amauri deserves a bench by now. Lots of running, but no end product. Kind of opposite to Trez in that sence then.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wanted to blame the fact that Diego was injured for our woes and struggles to score. Initially I felt that we depend too much on him. As I thought about it, we actually do produce plenty of chances without his creative spark...we just don't convert like we did last year.

IQ is on fire, Amauri is cold as ice, Trez the oven has been preheated and ready to bake and DP is still in the freezer.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What's with the Poulsen and Grosso hate, desperate search for spacegoats?
I think the problem with Grosso is he was supposed to be a million percent better than Molinaro. And now he is only 1% better - our collective hearts are broken.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I voted for Marchisio last week, which was again a close call with Iaq, they are on fire lately, Buffon too!

I ll choose Iaq today, because IMO he scored twice and his runs were more efficient and tactically logical.
Marchisio was def the Man of the second half, but i feel that Iaq's presence in the full 90' deserves the match title today...

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,411
    Not disappointed that much of taking a point from this game as much as I'm disappointed for conceding two goals.

1- Introducing both Gio and David a bit early was going to be better.
    2- Poulsen, Coppa Italia performance that was.
    3- Amauri-Iaquinta combination doesn't work.
    4- Zebina should start playing.
    5- Can't wait for Del Piero seriously...

Buffon 6

Grygera 6
    Legro 5.5
    Chiellini 5
    Grosso 6

Melo 6.5
    Poulsen 4.5
    Marchisio 7.5:star:
    Camoranesi 5.5

Amauri 5
    Iaquinta 6.5

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Grosso's freekicks were excellent today. The way he picked out Chiellini for the goal.

Poulsen's first half was decent at at least. He blocked several attacks and he put the pressure on early. He's got his reputation against him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Im just hoping this kind og goals will continue boosting Trez confidence. We need his goals desperately now.

I would start him against bologna without thinking twice.
    What u think guys?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    What is the hate on Grosso for? He is infinitely better with the ball at his feet than Molinaro ever will be. His passing is much better as well, not to mention his crosses. And when the fuck did Molinaro ever take free kicks. I think Grosso has a couple assists by now. That is more than Molinaro has...ever....I think.

Struggling to understand why there is a sense of hate stemming towards grosso all of the sudden.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Grosso's freekicks were excellent today. The way he picked out Chiellini for the goal.

Poulsen's first half was decent at at least. He blocked several attacks and he put the pressure on early. He's got his reputation against him.
    Grosso was decent today and I think he's only a decent player overall, that's all. Some people here make him out to be Evra v2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)