[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (33 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not at all. We were raped by them last year, even without Milito. This time we were at least as good as them and only Melo and Grosso were new players compared to last year.

Last season it was obvious that we'll lose that match. Tonight i expected all the time Juve to score. We forced them to play counters in the second half, we pushed, we pressured but we couldn't score as much as we deserved.
Take a look back in the thread and see how many people were trying to discredit them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But having less players on the flank than last year obviously means we'll be more exposed than last year.

I mean, come on, it's not predicting next month's weather here.

Every system has strengths and weaknesses. The midfield just has to do better covering and positioning themselves.
I know.

And your last sentence is what I'm saying; once the players are accustomed to the system, they will cover the spaces much better.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
But having less players on the flank than last year obviously means we'll be more exposed than last year.

I mean, come on, it's not predicting next month's weather here.

Every system has strengths and weaknesses. The midfield just has to do better covering and positioning themselves.
Such a shame we only play with 2 central midfielders. Poulsen might aswell be sitting next to me.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
One of the things that made Genoa look good today was that Melo played in too deep - he was playing like a 5th defender and this gave them a chance to push us back. Marchisio deserves even more kudos when you analyse how he covered for Grosso on numerous occassions.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What does he do for the team that the midfielders are not already doing?
Nice twist of the question - the answer is that he is doing what they do up front and Iaquinta is scoring goals. I am pretty certain that in this system you will not get two strikers in scoring form at the same time, in fact in football it happens a lot less than you think and there are reasons for that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think that they are stronger than last year but they are quicker. They were the first on the ball when they scored two goals. Grosso and Leggro were outmusculed in the air.
With poulsen in the midfield we were even slower than Genoa. I cannot see who can take the place of poulsen in this type of matches when we need him the most.
If Poulsen doesn't do his job, then we can't field him. Simple as that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
has nothing to do with it, he was behind mesto for the header, and do u wanna know why? Cuz he plays fucking LEFT BACK on the field, and had to run from the LB position to try and mark an open man in the middle of the box becuz legro was not watching him. And thank u for not bringing back up Amauri, cuz everyone in here knows he was shit.
I agree it was Legro`s fault!
Canna back and everything will be fine

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's just disappointment imo. People are aware that we did ok tonight and we could have won, unlike last year when we were completely outplayed, outran, outmuscled. Tonight we were only outjumped in our box, but in every other aspect we were better or at least as good.
Oh, and they were more lethal too.
Yep, I'm happy with one point considering that we payed in Genoa, but sad because we certainly could have won today if we have just taken our chances while at 1-0.

I can understand that just after the game emotions are still high, but still people should not make such rash judgments. Like he is very bad and we shouldn't have bought him or he should be have been starting all along, while it is clear that some of those things said can be rejected if it were thought about just for one minute.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Kind of torn how to rate this match. We played well in patches and I liked our counter-attacks, if only we were more clinical. Genoa are strong at home and we battled well, but I think Ferrara was a little too reactive. I felt we were unlucky with the end result due to some dubious decisions, but at the same time I think we could've done more ourselves to grab this game... So kind of torn.

Buffon 7 Hero
Grygera 5.5 Quiet
Legrottaglie 5.5 Erratic
Chiellini 5.5 Ditto
Grosso 6 Supplient
Poulsen 5.5 Mobile
Melo 6 Interceptive
Marchisio 7 Masterful
Camoranesi 6 Sly
Amauri 5 Desperate
Iaquinta 7 Athlete

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Del Piero hasn't played in over a month, won't be fit enough.

I like the formation though, and either Grygera/Zebina I'm not fussed about.
I am not fussed about that either. I know what our number one priority next year is.

And by the way, where is that guy with the "statistics", who has leet in more goals now, Cannavaro - Chiellini or Legrottaglie - Chiellini? What an idea he came up with!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I've always liked your posts.
Thank you for your compliments.

Now I keep my posts short, simple and straight to the point..

Notice that the main Genoa defenders (Bocchetti, Moretti, Biava) always look on daze when they r defending against a goal (2 free Amauri headers + 1 Trez offside goal). Too bad the chances have been wasted.

Having said that Biava is still a walking time bomb for Genoa. I wonder why Sorkatis is benched in favour of him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)