[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (52 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't know about that yet, Amauri does a lot for the team and if Trezeguet is going to come on and score in every game I will take that.
Amauri does contribute altough he didn`t score for a long peroid at the 2nd half he was weak and was subbed
I still want to see a clear picture of Iaquinta`s offside goal
I got one on youtube but the angle in not clear enough to see it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Before the match I said a draw will be a good result, it was a great match to watch, to be honest we deserved the 3 points, but only got 1, the other two were stolen by the referee..

Genoa is much much stronger than last year, they did strengthen their squad very wisely with the money they got for Milito and Thiago. The first goal we conceded was a brilliant goal, you can't blame anyone for these kind of goals, second one was shocking thou and should never stood, since Iaquinta's second goal was onside! Ferrara did a very good job with the formation and the starting line up and not to forget with the tactics and the pressing. It was a top game for Juve, we were playing perfectly until we conceded the first goal, which was a tough luck! Second half we started much better than them but the last 30 minutes were an open game. Even thou our points and lead were stolen in the second half, which is so annoying, but I still enjoyed this amazing game. I don't usually sympathize for other teams, but I hope Genoa keeps on doing the great work, and make the CL for next year, they and their football deserve it!

Mello needs to chill the fuck out, this attitude is not going to help him, we will have headaches for this, and might cost us playing with 10 men in the coming games if he doesn't get warn by the club, the same goes for Camoranesi. Poulsen was ok in the first half, and that's only for putting pressure on the opponents, but offensively he just sucked, his passes and crosses were terrible, and the last minutes he became just like Tiago, errors after other.. Marchisio was amazing, he made miracles on the left side (should we use him always on left?) his shots were bad thou, which is normal after putting so much efforts on running and dribbling. Amauri was terrible, Iaquinta scored two valid goals, put loads of pressure on Genoa's defenders, never stopped running and helping the team in every area..

Ferrara, good job for preparing the team, I can't blame him for anything except the substitutions, he should have took Amauri much earlier..

Taking a point from this great Genoa should never be underrated, very good job.
I predicted a draw for the Bayern match, but I doubt that we can get a result from there, the team is exhausted after a huge match like this..

Sep 1, 2002
I said this before, and i will say it again. This Juve team looks extremely vulnerable to attacks from the flank, it was evident against Bordeaux and it was evident today against Genoa.

Ferrara really needs to do work on that imo.

Btw, are there any Iaquinta doubters left, he has been immense this season, scoring a lot of goals, getting in dangerous positions constantly, working extremely hard and generally running his heart out. I think by now he should be ahead of both Amauri and Trezeguet in the pecking order.

Someone else that really deserves praise is Claudio Marchisio, it looks like he is getting better everyday, his development has really went well, and he is turning out to be a brilliant defender. He was played mostly as a left winger today, and despite not being familiar with the position he played very well. Great run and low cross for the goal, he was a constant threat to Genoa today. I think Lippi would be crazy not to give him a starting spot in the NT, he is second only to De Rossi in Italian midfielders currently.

They are weak defensively and offensively on the wings.

Too relient through the middle.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have a feeling Ciro wanted them to stay back as they stacked their midfield and played 3 upfront. Otherwise we would have seen our wingbacks go forward more. Makes sense when you think about it. It would have made perfect sense if we had won because Genoa surge forward so often it would have been dumb to risk being down a man at the back by a wingback getting caught forward.
True, but he didn't really impress me in other matches either.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Oh well, at least we got the point in this game. It would have been a sure loss if we had the team of last season. Now, with out key players out we can get this kind of results, and i think im can be happy with it.
But indeed we are wasting too many chances upfront.

Against Bologna i would start Trez definitely instead of amauri, who needs to think about whats goign on with him.
And i would give Gio a last chjance before diego comes in for the bayern game hopefully.-

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Looks like those who underestimated Genoa, or thought they are a far weaker side than last year, got a big surprise today.
Not at all. We were raped by them last year, even without Milito. This time we were at least as good as them and only Melo and Grosso were new players compared to last year.

Last season it was obvious that we'll lose that match. Tonight i expected all the time Juve to score. We forced them to play counters in the second half, we pushed, we pressured but we couldn't score as much as we deserved.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
It's just disappointment imo. People are aware that we did ok tonight and we could have won, unlike last year when we were completely outplayed, outran, outmuscled. Tonight we were only outjumped in our box, but in every other aspect we were better or at least as good.
Oh, and they were more lethal too.
Or do you mean, out of focus? I still think those 2 Genoa goals could have been prevented if the defenders on duty were to pay more attention

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
grosso 1.90 M, mesto 1.80 M
has nothing to do with it, he was behind mesto for the header, and do u wanna know why? Cuz he plays fucking LEFT BACK on the field, and had to run from the LB position to try and mark an open man in the middle of the box becuz legro was not watching him. And thank u for not bringing back up Amauri, cuz everyone in here knows he was shit.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Looks like those who underestimated Genoa, or thought they are a far weaker side than last year, got a big surprise today.
I don't think that they are stronger than last year but they are quicker. They were the first on the ball when they scored two goals. Grosso and Leggro were outmusculed in the air.
With poulsen in the midfield we were even slower than Genoa. I cannot see who can take the place of poulsen in this type of matches when we need him the most.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That is inevitably going to be the case until the players really get used to the formation.

They better learn fast, though, or it could get messy against Robben and Ribery.
But having less players on the flank than last year obviously means we'll be more exposed than last year.

I mean, come on, it's not predicting next month's weather here.

Every system has strengths and weaknesses. The midfield just has to do better covering and positioning themselves.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)