[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (34 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheZebras

Black and White.
Mar 9, 2008
Yep indeed. Fucking 4:45 games all the time. Ah wells, thats what we have to do to watch our beloved team.
-
Some real fans over there I see.. :scarf:
Come on Juve, I am optimistic about tonight's game. We have to win, no more "a draw is good enough" talk please. We need all 3 points if we are to win the scudetto.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hate living in my time zone
Yep indeed. Fucking 4:45 games all the time. Ah wells, thats what we have to do to watch our beloved team.
-
At least I know I'm in good company :)

I got up at 4:45 this morning on the off-chance that I could witness Inter dropping points against Napoli. I was tempted to go back to sleep when they went 2-0 down within 10 minutes :tdown:

I'd best go to sleep pretty soon or I'm going to be a zombie at work tomorrow.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I must be the only Australian who can't be bother getting up at 4am :lol:. I'm a terrible fan.
TBH, I wouldn't do it in your place too. Perhaps, if it was shown on TV and it's an important game, like Inter, Milan, etc.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
TBH, I wouldn't do it in your place too. Perhaps, if it was shown on TV and it's an important game, like Inter, Milan, etc.
Yeah I'm always up for the big ones and the CL games. Probably should watch the game tonight too, but it really does screw up your sleeping pattern.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Tacconi backs Juve

Legendary goalkeeper Stefano Tacconi has backed Juventus to beat Genoa this evening and 'put fear into Inter'.

The 53-year-old who played for both Juventus and Genoa in the late `80s and early `90s likes the Bianconeri's chances of winning the Scudetto.

Juventus are a team that, like Genoa, are in a stage of growth and they are looking to return to the limelight in Europe,” Tacconi said in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.

They already seem to be in a much better position than last year.”

A winner of pretty much everything at club level, Tacconi is fairly sure Juventus already have everything necessary to compete for honours.

It's the same Old Lady, what with important rules and serious professionals who are hungry for success. And then technically the team has also improved thanks to the signings of Diego and Fabio Grosso,” Tacconi explained.

Asked if Diego is the Michel Platini of his time, Tacconi replied: “Diego has quality, but he still has to plenty to show. You can't judge a player on one game or on the performances of one month. With respect to Platini or Maradona, Diego is a different player. He is more of a striker.”

Tacconi then turned his attention to the position he knows best and heaped praise on Gigi Buffon.

He has resolved his physical problems and is back to his old self. He is one of the best in that position. Buffon and Julio Cesar are two great players. They are the elite in that position along with Petr Cech and Iker Casillas.”

Finally, Tacconi gave his prediction for tonight's all-important match between Juventus and Genoa.

I hope Juve win for the good of Italian football, because they can frighten their title rivals. These [away] games are more crucial than those played at home.

“Another success like that achieved against Roma will allow Juve to once again strike fear into the hearts of the opposition and first of all into Inter, just like in the past,
” Tacconi concluded.

channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)