[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (75 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 22, 2009
In fact, Ferrara is thinking about changing the team's formation from a 4-3-1-2 to a more robust 4-4-2 with Paolo De Ceglie and Mauro Camoranesi on the flanks.

Asked to explain his decision during a Press Conference yesterday, Ferrara replied: “It's not a snub, but a technical choice.(reffering to Gio)

“I don't see changing formation as a sign of weakness. If anything it's out of respect for the opponent and their intelligence.”

We will be adapting tonight! Will it be succesful? God knows!

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Its weird that people are suggesting that De Ceglie will start ahead of Gio, surely Gio should start on the left wing?

Ciro giving up on Gio or giving DC a chance?

Jan 22, 2009
Its weird that people are suggesting that De Ceglie will start ahead of Gio, surely Gio should start on the left wing?

He said it himself: It is not a snub, it is a technical choice! He dont want to field him in physical place like Genoa and you know what, he is right!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

DC can defend better (hence he is a defender, partly at least)
And probably Ciro changes the system to add some extra defensive coverage for this game!

He gave and will give more chances to Giovinco. DC should also get a few chances too and if the system fits him better and Giovinco is not in a great shape anyway,
it seems to be the right moment to do so!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Time for Iaquinta and Amauri to work those crosses. I'm curious to see if De Ceglie and Grosso can combine and interchange well, their movements might conflict. Melo should have more freedom in the middle in this formation, but I think Ferrara could've taken the risk of Giovinco on the left of the four.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)