[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (57 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
I dont get the panic about Genoa.

They are weaker then last year imo, they havent impressed so far and they are much less solid and compact on defance.

They still move the ball around nicely and great on possession and finding space, but they realy lack the punch they packed last year, no clinial striker as Milito was and no Motta from lond range.
They will give us a run when we are on defance but so did Livorno.

They are not as scary as last seasson, I'm expacting 3 points.
They are absolutely better than last season , they have strengthen their squad wisely .

Yeah , they sold Motta and Millito but look how did they spend the money they got .

Esposito , Kharja , Floccari , Floccari , Moretti , Palacio ,Zapater , Crespo and Amelia .

Thats a whole new squad , and do you know what ? they are doing great !!

9 points from 12 is fantastic and also a win in Europa league .

and with time when the players know each other very will , they only will get better .

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
They are absolutely better than last season , they have strengthen their squad wisely .

Yeah , they sold Motta and Millito but look how did they spend the money they got .

Esposito , Kharja , Floccari , Floccari , Moretti , Palacio ,Zapater , Crespo and Amelia .

and with time when the players know each other very will , they only will get better .
they bought two floccaris :shocked:

Cresos slower than Legro ffs, Kharja is at best a mide table star, Esposito hah!

The rest are quite good but they aren't stonger than last year

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009

Thats great and all but i saw them play, they are not better.

They did bought good players and they did improved the overall quality of their squad so they could handle two compations better then last seasson.Smart move indeed.
but on the pitch they dont preform as good imo, not as efficent.
Crespo his gone, Palacio isnt anywhere near clinical and floccari isnt Milito yet.

I'm not saying they aint good on paper, and they will be a great side this year, but at the moment they are a team we should be able to beat if we are aiming high.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
they bought two floccaris :shocked:

Cresos slower than Legro ffs, Kharja is at best a mide table star, Esposito hah!

The rest are quite good but they aren't stonger than last year

Oh , my bad .

I find them better than last season so far , having a very good depth is so important for a team that want to be a top 4 team .

The depth was one of our main problems in the past 2 seasons .

A very good depth will give Gasperini much more options than last season .

Zapater is doing good so far replacing Motta .

Their major problem is that Crespo and Floccari hadn't perform well so far .

They could get the 4th spot this season , which didn't happen last season because they didn't have a good depth IMO .

And I did say that we should win this easily because we are superior to them but as I said before the one thing that will help Genoa to do good is thier fans .

And Buffon said it yesterday , it's about the the atmosphere .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it is, you didnt know?

And no, Genoa have weakend from last season, their starting eleven isnt as good. Plus they will have to contend with continental games, and the burden of dealing with those extra games, instead of focus solely on the league like last season.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008

And no, Genoa have weakend from last season, their starting eleven isnt as good. Plus they will have to contend with continental games, and the burden of dealing with those extra games, instead of focus solely on the league like last season.
ya n deir jersey is uglier

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

nop, didn't knew. And so do us..we need to rest some players (of course that we're used to it..genoa is not)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I think Giovinco should start against Genoa. Gio hasn't played badly even though some people seem to think so. He's still getting in form and needs time just like many other players. Might not be a bad idea to move him over to the wing against Genoa though because of their formation. They're going to attack us on the wings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)